Romantic night out for a guy?

Back in the old days we used to go out and try a new restraurant or drive out to see the lilly pads or whatever flower was in bloom at the time. But since having kids, we have lost some of the fun just hanging out stuff that we used to do. That would be a nice thing to do.

that’s the thing, day time activities have come to a grinding halt. On weekends, our baby sitter makes a face and every place is soooooo crowded and it feels guilty for taking papa away from the kiddos when he can be with them. Evenings are better, coz it gives us guilt free 3-4 hours.

[quote]I was GOING to suggest something that would make him feel like you all were single and pre-parental, but that would be different for everyone.
[/quote]
Please tell me. :pray:

I wanted a set of new tires for my ride but all i got was a lousy jacket .

It’s not his b’day nor is it Diwali.

In Beijing, before we left, I took him to the forbidden city at night. The drive is lovely around the moat, and a gang of Harley Davidson riders meets there, so we stopped and chatted withthem, you know with the faint lights and willows sweeping around us, then went in to the beautifully lit forbidden city, walked around hand in hand, sat down for a bit, reminiscing the Beijing period, it was empty maybe another couple was aound. Took some pics, drove back, stopped for an ice cream…nice evening spent.

Why can’t you go up a mountain with him after dark? Well, not black night, but evening dusky time. You could get part way up, or all the way up a hill? I mean, I wouldn’t do that. I don’t like spiders and I suspect they could see me better than I could see them.

I really, really like the bottle of wine and a blanket and a mostly deserted tree to cuddle under. But I’m not a guy. I do think TwoToungs idea about sporty things like paintball is good, if “getting lucky” at the end of the evening isn’t really the goal.

Or, you could try some of my ideas from the women’s forum! Hehe. Greet him at the door wearing some cling wrap and a smile and tell him you thought you’s show your appriciation for all he does by doing a few new things of your own? :lovestruck: :howyoudoin:

a big fat steak and a bj would do it for me.

This place is nice for a semi-private movie with food and wine:

whatis.com.tw/westin2005/act.php

Cling wrap? the kids will have a nice time with that…I can’t send them to grand ma’s you know :laughing: Besides, TMI alert: In the winters, when it was snowing in another country, I wore my down jacket with leather boots to his office. Just that. So he’s been surprised…and new things are old tricks now.

I know I sound jaded and pathetic, but gifts are for birthdays , bj’s routine :blush: , children omnipotent, time in shortage, life gets more serious, work hours get longer, I ain’t as young as I used to be, movies are boring or too serious, fancy restaurants are no longer a novelty :frowning:.
I am not complaining, life is good but it ain’t as simple as it used to be. When we were unmarried, my guy used to drop me home on his vespa. One day he took a different route through an army cantonement which had a lovely splashy fountain in the middle of the road and he drove in circles around that till I was drenched and giggled myself into a stomach ache. How silly and romantic? I once went to see him with his name written on my face with eye liner. One character on my chin, forehead and temples each. Like mini tattoos, and he laughed his arse off.

It is TMI ain’t it? sighhhhhh

Well, the cling wrap thing is kind of an old joke in the States.

America’s most famous Agony Aunt, Abigale Van Buren, once wrote about attending a semenar for women in your current circumstance, who wanted to try to put a little romance back into their bussy lives between work and kids and everything else.

The seminar speaker suggested greating your husband at the door wearing only cling wrap. When she got home, she asked her husband what he’d think if she did that and she said his reply was, “I guess I’m having leftovers again tonight!”

Well if it were ME, I’d like to somehow do a mixture of one of my hobbies, and be with my wife.

Now my wife doesn’t play guitar or go cycling, but you might be able to find a kung-fu movie to go and see, followed by dinner at a restaurant that you know he likes. The best days/evenings we’ve had have revolved around a movie or two at a re-run cinema and dinner at Yuma.

If my wife organised paintball or something for me, I’d actually be a bit disappointed. I’d rather she organised something that’s already been established as something I like, for two reasons - 1. I’d enjoy it, and 2. it shows she understands what I like.

Good luck.

Oh, I see you just knocked dinner and a movie on the head. Never mind. :neutral:

Thanks. That’s what i am thinking of. Appreciate it. We do swim every day together though, so sth. else. hmmmmmm

Generally, these would be elements of a romantic night for a guy:

(1) great sex;
(2) good food;
(3) good sports on tv; and/or
(4) good night of sleep.

In that order or precedence.

Thus, a romantic night would likely not be a night out, but rather, a night in; unless you are willing to pay for a couple of days in a nice hotel.

Well, if it were YOU, Stu . . . . I know what she’d do but I can’t say it here! Heheh!

A meal, movie, ride, walk (or ride on a bike built for two along the river), nice drink, massage, :whistle: , snuggle, sleep.

If too much of that is old hat, a small meal, quiet time alone over relaxing drinks.

It’s the thought that counts. And the effort.

Oh, btw, I totally agree with all the advice about the adult content at the end of the night, but you seem to have that all covered already.

Yep. I agree. And when you have kids, someitmes even the thought is an obvious effort in itself. You two are a luck couple, Divea.

This is really true.

[quote=“rev0lt”]Generally, these would be elements of a romantic night for a guy:

(1) great sex;
(2) good food;
(3) good sports on tv; and/or
(4) good night of sleep.

In that order or precedence.

Thus, a romantic night would likely not be a night out, but rather, a night in; unless you are willing to pay for a couple of days in a nice hotel.[/quote]
I agree, but the world cup is on. So it’s like a honeymoon period. Great food (I cook), put the kids to bed, great sex, sport (and with wimbledon it’s like he 's getting a 3some) and then ofcourse he’s exhausted, so a good night’s rest is in order.

It comes effortlessly. I want to put some effort in it :laughing: