Romantic night out for a guy?

Even better, just buy him some gadget he really wants but doesn’t due to the fact he knows you probably wouldn’t approve (: ie, one girl I know bought his husband an iPad!

[quote=“divea”][quote=“rev0lt”]Generally, these would be elements of a romantic night for a guy:

(1) great sex;
(2) good food;
(3) good sports on tv; and/or
(4) good night of sleep.

In that order or precedence.

Thus, a romantic night would likely not be a night out, but rather, a night in; unless you are willing to pay for a couple of days in a nice hotel.[/quote]
I agree, but the world cup is on. So it’s like a honeymoon period. Great food (I cook), put the kids to bed, great sex, sport (and with wimbledon it’s like he 's getting a 3some) and then ofcourse he’s exhausted, so a good night’s rest is in order.

It comes effortlessly. I want to put some effort in it :laughing:[/quote]
Sounds like you already are. :thumbsup: I reckon after the WC and Wimbledon he’s going to be so happy he’s going to think he’s had a month of romantic evenings, and be right (from a guy’s perspective)!

Edit: Some effort? Buy him the shirt of his favourite WC football team that’s still in the comp and watch a game with him, cheering when he cheers, pretending to be gutted when he is. That’s also a winner!

How about a couple of hours in a nice hotspring hotel up in Shin Beitou/Yaminghsan/Wulai? Not sure if you have been in the hotspring hotels together here. I know it’s kind of hot, but it’s something you “have” to do before you leave.

Take him to the National Concert Hall for a good concert. The hall itself is gorgeous, and many of the performances they have there are world-class. Get there a little early, and you can have cappuccinos overlooking the square. It’s nice.

I’ve always said it really is a crying shame they don’t have a dog track in Taiwan. If the old lady took me to the dog track (Ahh memories of our Guam honeymoon where we won 7USD on the dogs!) I’d be in seventh heaven.

:notworthy: Absolutely doable. We have been to the National Concert Hall a few times (he more than me) but yes, it sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Asiababy, yes we did the hot pool thingy a few times and now its hot. One of them was that big hotel in Yilan, Cyaoshi(sp??) I forget how it’s written. Great idea for others trying to do it in the winters :thumbsup: Thanks

:notworthy: Absolutely doable. We have been to the National Concert Hall a few times (he more than me) but yes, it sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Asiababy, yes we did the hot pool thingy a few times and now its hot. One of them was that big hotel in Yilan, Cyaoshi(sp??) I forget how it’s written. Great idea for others trying to do it in the winters :thumbsup: Thanks[/quote]
Great for the winter. We went to a place where you had your own private pool. Much better for many reasons, mostly no staring. And because it’s cooler you can just soak and relax. :thumbsup:

I think Maoman got it right. I’d suggest any type of performance. Anytime we go to a show - whether it be a play, concert, or something else - we always wonder afterward why we don’t do it more often. Nothing more romantic than bonding over an event. Good luck with your selection. :slight_smile:

Yes Maoman got it right. I did my research and have come up with a plan, it doesn’t sound that great but it will work. We will go for a classical Indian dance performance on Saturday (not at the National Concert Place), but it should be good, then go to Yuma’s for dinner coz we haven’t been there and it comes highly recommended. And for the surprise part, I thought just to go the mushy way. I’ll spend the next two days writing a letter (on good stationery), listing all that he does for me and how exactly it makes me feel and how much I appreciate it. I know it’s not very clever nor adventurous, but the idea was to say Thank You, so I’ll just say it the old fashioned way and may be he’ll get time to digest it.

Thank you all for putting your heads together on this one. Appreciate it. :thumbsup:

I’m guessing you mean something in or around the town of Jiaoxi. Nice place.

I’m guessing you mean something in or around the town of Jiaoxi. Nice place.[/quote]
It was a five star hotel with the same name I think…we had spent the day in Bulau Bulo (the aboriginal revival village in the mountains of Yilan).

Edit: This one and how many ways can a township be spelled?
http://www.hrjhotel.com.tw/

In Taiwan? Oh, don’t get me started. Chia[color=#000040]o[/color]hsi, Jiao[color=#000040]s[/color]i, Jiaoxi…

See, for example, Taiwan place names.

In Taiwan? Oh, don’t get me started. Chia[color=#000040]o[/color]hsi, Jiao[color=#000040]s[/color]i, Jiaoxi…

See, for example, Taiwan place names.[/quote]

Oh boy.
This is like asking Robert Oppenheimer “So how does that bomb work, anyways???”

So I must ask - how’d it go? Or is the romantic night set for a future Saturday?

Oops!! It went not as planned but better. Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

We went for a lovely Indian Classical Dance performance, and as we left and were thinking of getting to Yuma, we decided to go for hot pot at the ‘Tai He Dian’ instead…it was really nice, and we only talked about food, hot pot, sauces, meats and the like, nothing serious!!! And no fight either :smiley:
The drive, to and fro was very relaxed.

I gave him the letter when he reached home, of course he says I don’t have to thank him but was happy that I did. Nice!!!

:slight_smile: Dancing looks great. I thought the letter was a nice touch.

Neihu area roller coaster with a bottle of wine and some snacks in a cooler.