Ron DeSantis

I suppose that’s only because you keep trying to worm it back in knowing someone will call you on it.

Anyway, no comment on Desantis telling Biden that closing the border would be like a good idea for controlling the spread of COVID?

No? Didn’t think so.

Call me on what? I never quoted him as saying “inject bleach”. It was always an interpretation, and as I’ve pointed out many a time using a dictionary, bleach is synonymous with disinfectant. But I know you have a very, very selective memory.

Also, it’s still funny, so deal with it. But maybe not in this thread, which isn’t about me, or Trump’s bleachy remarks, it’s about Ron Ron.

Sure, he sounds like an idiot, because he governs FLA, which doesn’t border Mexico.

Your opinion ONLY.

Dude, you keep putting up memes and then sometimes mentioning it…it’s just wrong, you know it, and you keep doing it.

Is it? I thought kids were in hospitals. This is where you get all cranky and say you’re in here just for fun right?

Bye…off to New Jersey.

It’s not my opinion that the bleach stuff was bullshit. You seem to not want to believe that. I still think it’s because English isn’t your first language.

Yes, it was always funny, and always will be. The thing Trump said, not whatever you think this is. :sweat_smile:

Yes, it is. Go argue with a thesaurus.

And I’m not interested in derailing, so you did raise a good question. Why exactly is Desantis talking about a border his state doesn’t even share? Or is it like this now?

1 Like

Ah so, it comes into focus, no bleach is not synonymous with disinfectant.

English lesson time, bleach in most peoples minds comes with warning labels like keep away from children and what to do if you get any in your eyes.

Disinfectant can be something as benign as a saline solution which can be specifically used to rinse the eyes.

Disinfectant can also mean something stronger like bleach but they are clearly not synonymous, English not being your first language explains why you keep pushing something so obviously wrong.

Paraphrases for Disinfectant:

What is another word for disinfectant ?

Noun

A chemical liquid that destroys bacteria

One who, or that which, refines

Chlorine or bleach

Let me know if you win this battle.

And the pettiest comment I have seen on this site award goes to…you.

Bleach is a super common disinfectant, so much so that if the word “disinfectant” popped up on a show like Family Feud (oh goodness me I hope you know what show I am talking about since you are not American /s) bleach would most probably be the most popular answer and net the most points.

Go gaslight somewhere else. Damn, this is a kind of comment you would see in an abusive relationship where partners speak different languages. That can go fuck right off. Piece of advice, don’t play that shit card. Even if you are right it looks bad, but trust me when I say, political context, argument context aside, you are terribly wrong.

1 Like

It was won long ago, your English didn’t became an issue until you kept pushing it.

You have been asked now 15 times and never answered, English is not your first language.

The last hilarity was calling Biden “simple”.

Your English is very good by the way, I compliment you on your understanding, but doubling down on obvious shit, sorry it aint that good.

I know, I posted the thesaurus link a long time ago too. Have a great night.

Aye Aye What’s going on here then. Who.is not the native speaker and what’s all the fuss about bleach. That’s the stuff 80s kids would put their jeans into to make them look “super cool”. And some even used it on their hair to try and look like Debbie Harry or Kim Wild.

Yes, because I don’t need to check a dictionary to know the difference.

Petty is spending a year transfixed on a word that was never uttered coming here every day posting umpteen “funny” pictures on the same and at some point the insistence to keep repeating something false only arouses curiosity which makes sense if @mups doesn’t speak English as a first language, because he/she doesn’t realize while having something in common in a dictionary, bleach we are all taught from a very early age is highly toxic, not to be ingested, something you seek medical help for if it gets in your eyes.

Don’t think I could stand another term of Trump, the children stamping their feet and having a tantrum screaming to the sky is too much.

That’s you right now. I never quoted Trump as saying “bleach”, and everyone knows you can’t quote otherwise. That’s your problem to solve, not mine. The rest is opinion. Not that I’m even the one bringing it into this thread, or this obsession you and JD seem to have.

I’ll try once again to bring it back on topic.

Can’t say this is a bad idea. I like the shaming angle.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/566881-cnns-jim-acosta-on-delta-variant-why-not-call-it-the-desantis-variant

Acosta also bashed DeSantis for selling merchandise on his campaign website going after Anthony Fauci, President Biden’s chief medical adviser, including koozies reading “Don’t Fauci my Florida,” as well as the governor’s remarks telling Biden to focus on the border and not his state’s mask policies.

“Perhaps it’s time to start naming these new variants that may be coming out after them,” Acosta said, referring to the GOP politicians. “Instead of the delta variant, why not call it the DeSantis variant?”

“We can sell beer koozies that say ‘Don’t Florida my Fauci’ and use the money to pay for all the funerals in the days to come,” he added.

As moderator, blatant false information I try to correct, I did this when Fox was talking as if Biden was going to ban cows and did this when you brought up “bleach”. I let you keep posting in funny pictures on this as cartoons are allowed to be satire, but in the discussion threads it’s just disruptive.

That took about 2 seconds to google. I suggest quitting while you are still ahead.

1 Like

That’s quite the diary you keep, thanks for affirming I never quoted him directly, it’s all my interpretation. Even highlighted in the 2nd quote.

Yes, I know it’s allowed. As are satire articles in discussion threads.

Any thoughts on DeSantis now?

You couldn’t as he never said it.

Very good. That’s why I didn’t. Like I said.

2 Likes

Then why keep alluding to it? it being the lie that he did say it.

Your tolerance for the opinions and interpretations of others isn’t impressive. You’ve been shown the synonyms already. Nobody’s telling you how to interpret anything. Is there some other goal you’re trying to accomplish here? You’re the one bringing all of this in here.