Ron DeSantis

Always did like Bill Burr:

“DeSantis, whoever this guy is — and they have the most grumpiest-looking photo ever — this guy is starting to build stature in 2024 and he says he disagrees on mask mandates,” Burr began the latest episode of his “Monday Morning Podcast” show, referencing DeSantis’ positioning as a potential presidential candidate.

“The amount of people who not only don’t even own a microscope or even have a pair of scrubs — you know, unless they went to some Halloween party — who are literally questioning doctors. It’s just — at this point it’s just hilarious,” Burr said in the program released Monday.

“These fucking piece of shit politicians,” he added. “He knows that that’s what his fanbase wants him to do, so that’s what the fuck he’s gonna do. Unbelievable.”

De Santis backs down on threat to cut school supervisors’ pay for enforcing mask mandates after it’s explained to him that the state governor has no power over local governments’ salaries.

DeSantis appoints a new surgeon general: he’s already being called out for being anti-Vax even though he says he is pro-vax, just anti-vax mandate.

1 Like

Ah, the guy who made the pro-hydroxychloroquine video with the demon-sperm doctor. That’s reassuring. After tearing up school mask regulations, I understand he’s planning on more sacrifices to appease the plague spirits.

Specifically, Ladapo has ruled that parents no longer have to quarantine their children if they’ve been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Rather, parents will have the option of keeping their kids home from school or sending them in.

“The new rule wipes out a previous one that required students to quarantine off-campus at least four days after exposure to someone with the virus,” the Sun-Sentinel writes. “It does not alter Florida’s ban against mask mandates, however, as it reiterates the previous order’s requirement that parents be able to opt-out their children from wearing face coverings.”
New tropical depression could form as Peter and Rose fadeThe appointment of Ladapo marks the latest effort by DeSantis to rip up any public health restrictions aimed at slowing the spread of the novel coronavirus, which so far has killed neatly 680,000 Americans and nearly 52,000 Florida residents.

“DeSantis Threatens To Cut Hospital Funding If Surgeons Keep Wearing Masks”

I think he should change his name to mo(Ron)ic DeSantis

Got bone?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/03/florida_governor_ron_desantis_calls_white_house_the_brandon_administration.html

The NYC Jewish community will not be pushed around.

DeSantis is acting more cosmopolitan going up to Gotham during gasp pride month.

How dare he!

@TT I changed it because he’s probably gonna be running for POTUS. Originally this was a the left smashes Desantis thread. It’s a bit less derivative now, doncha think?

I liked my title, this is the second time recently you unnecessarily changed a thread title of mine.

And you’re incorrect about what the thread was originally. Originally, if you check the first post, I specifically said he was one to watch for 2024 :nerd_face:

Change it back if it bothers you, dude. Have at it.

So, why then did you change the Omar thread title? :ponder:

YOu wonder why I don’t give you likes. :laughing:

I modelled this title on that one, so in the interests of consistency and friendly reciprocity I made the change. You mad bro?

Nice to see people getting hot and bothered over DeSantis. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Not in the least. Just seemed juvenile, but whatever. Forumosa is a big tent.

I wore this to work the other day, under my work shirt. It got hot and I took off my button down. Some kid walked by me and said, “Nice shirt.” OK, then one of my kids from the Congo saw it and said, “Are you gay?” Then, at that very moment, I knew it was pride month!

But, it’s high school, so we could say gay.

1 Like

28 posts were merged into an existing Regular’s Forum topic: Changing thread title / tags

I don’t think you’re allowed to teach it in Florida any more, thanks Ron!

No moose in Florida…

1 Like

Government money. Use it or lose it.

I think we should get our school taxes comped. Just a thought.

NYT opies running in circles, chasing their tails again.

Bouie claimed that DeSantis comes off “a lot like a bully” to a typical person. The writer notes that Trump is also a bully, but then sang the praises of the former Republican president.

But Donald Trump is also a lifelong celebrity with a public persona that is as much about ‘The Apprentice’ and even ‘Home Alone 2’ as it is about his political career. What’s more, Trump has the skills of a celebrity. He’s funny, he has stage presence, and he has a kind of natural charisma. He can be a bully in part because he can temper his cruelty and egoism with the performance of a clown or a showman. He can persuade an audience that he’s just kidding — that he doesn’t actually mean it. Ron DeSantis cannot.

Previously, Bouie slammed Trump as a “fascist,” who has an “authoritarian disposition,” and said, “Trumpism is so dangerous.”