Rugby: 2010 Six Nations

Well done Bismarck!
A couple of questions regarding your picks for both the Six Nations and Super 14:
How much research do you do? For example, do you check the weather forecasts for the games?
How much of an advantage do you think home advantage is? On average, how many points?

Thanks, mate.

[quote=“almas john”]A couple of questions regarding your picks for both the Six Nations and Super 14:
How much research do you do?[/quote]
I read Supersport.com

No, but that’s a good idea for whether it’ll be a low scoring or high scoring game in a lot of cases. Something to do if you have serious money on a game, I guess.

Depends on the home team and who they’re playing. For example, I thought the Irish would have the better of the Scots at home. I was wrong. Scots beat them by three. Who knew. :idunno: Usually I think you have a 75% chance of getting the win result if you go with the home team, but it depends who they play.

Depends on who’s playing and their form, but mostly it’s a guess, innit? There’s no predicting red cards and reffing inconsistencies. Honestly, I’m pretty decent with the wins, but not very accurate with the margins. I think other players, like Wandering and Elf1nDrak3 are much better with the margins than I am.

Yes, for two evenly matched teams I would also give the home team a 75% chance.
As for the weather, I think the Australian teams suffer a bit when it rains. The South Africans (with better set pieces and more of a kicking game) tend not to suffer as badly. Bring on the rain!

But, traditionally, they don’t travel that well…

well done Bismark and Kiki-although I was close to catching you…

I think you beat us in the Tainan Rugby Club pool. So well done to you too! :bravo: