Rugby: Can the All Blacks win 2011?

You see the problems with the Kiwis Jimi Presley is that they think it’s rugby trophy’s are rightfully theirs. Maybe thats why the Rugby God’s have unleased the wallabies and the French in nkowcking out the Kiwi’s in semi finals of world cups.

Such arrogance of the kiwi’s to think that they are the custodians. They have not been custodians of the RWC Tropy since when… last century sometime. :smiley:

My bet is NZ do not win the RWC in New Zeland as they will have the same ugly attitude of all we have to do is turn up and the trophy is ours, as in previous world cups. Damn the Kiwis back home even prepare ticker tape parades and rugby shirts proclaiming them as champions before they even got the the semi finals.

Well we have the correct rugby gear for Kiwis

On Sale Now… Almas John already ordered 10,000 to send back home.

Bollocks… the Kiwis are world renowned for hunds in the ruck, loitering around and lying on tackled players to prevent qucik ball release when opponents have the ball. You would often here in test matches the refs warning the kiwis 3 times in one rcuk to get their hands out or roll away but not penalities given.

The new enforcement will see the likes of Richi McCaw getting more yellow cards

Ain’t that the god’s honest truth, Mr Satellite! :notworthy:Sean Fitzpatrick wrote the manual.

ha, you asked for it! :laughing:

Quoted for

1. sacrilege against God,
  2. for idiocy in making uncertain predictions more than a year out (I guess you guys can’t see too much brightness ahead, given Dingo’s shocking record with the Wannabies (Johnny come late-lies, we taught you all that you know about rugby)-what is it, 6-zip lately?, and
  3. for generally being inaccurate (it’s Spiritual Guardians of Rugby, not custodians of some Cup that I have forgotten the name of). I can see how you’d get confused, the word custody is something special for convicts, after all…

Final word, some Aussies heading off to work. I like this one because they are already wearing yellow like their sports teams, indicating how scared they are…:

Cheers mate. :laughing:

:roflmao: Hoo hoo! :roflmao: I’m LOVING this thread!

[quote=“Kea”]Quoted for

2. for idiocy in making uncertain predictions more than a year out (I guess you guys can’t see too much brightness ahead, given Dingo’s shocking record with the Wannabies (Johnny come late-lies, we taught you all that you know about rugby)-what is it, 6-zip lately?, and
  3. for generally being inaccurate (it’s Spiritual Guardians of Rugby, not custodians of some Cup that I have forgotten the name of). I can see how you’d get confused, the word custody is something special for convicts, after all…

Final word, some Aussies heading off to work. I like this one because they are already wearing yellow like their sports teams, indicating how scared they are…: Cheers mate. :laughing:[/quote]

You see here we go again with the Kiwis claiming they are the spiritual holders… they hold nothing except the empty air. If it wasnt for the Kiwis having teams made up from pacific island nations after poaching the best players in the last 24 years, kiwis go downhill. See what happened when you played Samoa in the 7’s last weekend eh?

I do believe both South Africa in the Green / Gold Jerseys have won 2 world cups, Australia have one 2 world cups in Green / Gold, yeah thats twice as many as the Kiwis as well… So thats makes it Green Gold have won 4 world cups, wilted roses in the white jerseys 1 RWC and the rubbery chokers all blacks 1 RWC.

My ancestry is German so sorry my ancestors employed convicts at a cheap hire to perform field work. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Funny how those people calling themselves the spiritual holders haven’t held a world cup for how many generations? Probably before you were born.

:popcorn:

South Africa poached The Beast from that legendary rugby-playing nation, Zimbabwe.

:popcorn:[/quote]

Probably the French will win the next world cup. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

after all they need to make up for getting caught sinking the rainbow warrior.

I am sure their accents wont give them away this time. Even after the bombing the kiwis did a trade to let the secret french agents go so the french would sandbag in the semi’s when playing NZ.

[color=#0000FF] Edited by moderator[/color]

Ain’t that the god’s honest truth, Mr Satellite! :notworthy:Sean Fitzpatrick wrote the manual.[/quote]

All credit to him. It was a manual of two halves.

[quote=“Kea”]I admit it is difficult to ref consistently in SA, given the fact referees are under constant threat from inebriated rugby fans[/url]…who throw jugs of beer at visiting teams:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10626140

I knew the Kiwi fans would jump on that. :wink:
Honestly, though. As much as I love the Sharks the crowd at King’s Parks shamed the Sharks, themselves and SA Rugby with their booing and beer jug hurling. I, too, thought it was atrocious! That would never happen (well, booing perhaps, but they’ve booed the Boks there also - that crowd doesn’t mind losing, they just like a good game and fair play which is why they booed the Boks in 2008 for there terrible rugby against the All Blacks) at Loftus, the Spiritual home of Super 14 trophies and Bok Legends!!! :smiley:

I agree to a point, but Kiwi teams (and I am a big fan, as you know) do have a penchant for bending the rules at the break down. However, any forward worth his salt (Brussouw in SA is a good example) will have a go and see what he can get away with.

You’ll find the feeling is mutual. We love the tradition of All Blacks vs Springboks. In fact, for most Bok fans that’s the only match up that really counts. Everything is just window dressing and warm-ups. You should read John Smit’s book, Captain in the Cauldron. He also maintains the good rivalry between the two sides. He uses the All Blacks to explain what a bunch of tossers the Lions were in SA in 2009, and shows how the ABs and Boks have at each other for 80 minutes then share beers and braais afterwards. He counts several All Black players as good personal friends.

Well, let’s hope they don’t have to play France in the knock-out stages then… :smiley:

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Kea”]Quoted for

Final word, some Aussies heading off to work. I like this one because they are already wearing yellow like their sports teams, indicating how scared they are…: Cheers mate. :laughing:[/quote]

You see here we go again with the Kiwis claiming they are the spiritual holders… they hold nothing except the empty air.[/quote]
I thought that was funny. :roflmao:

Do you mean players like:
George Gregan (born 19 April 1973 in [color=#FF0000]Ndola, Zambia[/color])
Tatafu Polota-Nau (born in Sydney, but his family came over to Australia, as is the case with many of the Pacific Islanders in the New Zealand team)
Stephen Moore (born 20 January 1983 in [color=#FF0000]Saudi Arabia[/color] to [color=#FF0000]Irish parents[/color], Stephen and his family moved back to Galway, Ireland in the mid-eighties before they emigrated to Mount Morgan, Queensland, Australia in 1988.)
Sekope Kepu (Born in Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Pekahau Cowan (born 2 June, 1986 in [color=#FF0000]Wellington, New Zealand[/color])
Salesi Ma’afu (Born in Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Fijian and Tongan parents[/color])
Dean Mumm (born 5 March 1984 in [color=#FF0000]Auckland, New Zealand[/color])
David Pocock (born 23 April 1988 in [color=#FF0000]Gweru, Zimbabwe[/color])
George Smith (born 14 July 1980 in Manly, Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Wycliff Palu (born 27 July 1982 in Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Will Genia (born 17 January 1988 in [color=#FF0000]Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea[/color])
Matt Toomua (born 2 January 1990 in Melbourne to [color=#FF0000]Hawaiian parents[/color] - his mother and sister still live in Kona, Hawaii)
Digby Ioane (born 14 July 1985 in [color=#FF0000]Wellington, New Zealand[/color])
Tyrone Smith (born 12 July 1983 in Manly, New South Wales to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Daniel Vickerman (born 4 June 1979 in [color=#FF0000]Cape Town, South Africa[/color])
Clyde Rathbone (born 23 July 1981 in [color=#FF0000]Durban, South Africa[/color])
Christian Petrus Strauss, (born 28 June 1965 in [color=#FF0000]Upington, South Africa[/color])
:ponder:

[quote=“bismarck”]

Do you mean players like:
George Gregan (born 19 April 1973 in [color=#FF0000]Ndola, Zambia[/color])
Tatafu Polota-Nau (born in Sydney, but his family came over to Australia, as is the case with many of the Pacific Islanders in the New Zealand team)
Stephen Moore (born 20 January 1983 in [color=#FF0000]Saudi Arabia[/color] to [color=#FF0000]Irish parents[/color], Stephen and his family moved back to Galway, Ireland in the mid-eighties before they emigrated to Mount Morgan, Queensland, Australia in 1988.)
Sekope Kepu (Born in Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Pekahau Cowan (born 2 June, 1986 in [color=#FF0000]Wellington, New Zealand[/color])
Salesi Ma’afu (Born in Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Fijian and Tongan parents[/color])
Dean Mumm (born 5 March 1984 in [color=#FF0000]Auckland, New Zealand[/color])
David Pocock (born 23 April 1988 in [color=#FF0000]Gweru, Zimbabwe[/color])
George Smith (born 14 July 1980 in Manly, Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Wycliff Palu (born 27 July 1982 in Sydney to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Will Genia (born 17 January 1988 in [color=#FF0000]Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea[/color])
Matt Toomua (born 2 January 1990 in Melbourne to [color=#FF0000]Hawaiian parents[/color] - his mother and sister still live in Kona, Hawaii)
Digby Ioane (born 14 July 1985 in [color=#FF0000]Wellington, New Zealand[/color])
Tyrone Smith (born 12 July 1983 in Manly, New South Wales to [color=#FF0000]Tongan parents[/color])
Daniel Vickerman (born 4 June 1979 in [color=#FF0000]Cape Town, South Africa[/color])
Clyde Rathbone (born 23 July 1981 in [color=#FF0000]Durban, South Africa[/color])
Christian Petrus Strauss, (born 28 June 1965 in [color=#FF0000]Upington, South Africa[/color])
:ponder:[/quote]
Brilliant, Mr Bismarck! :bravo: You’re a walking bloody rugby encyclopedia!

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Kea”]Quoted for

You see here we go again with the Kiwis claiming they are the spiritual holders… they hold nothing except the empty air.[/quote]
I thought that was funny. :roflmao: [/quote]
Good post Bismark, especially the long list of Australian ‘poaches’.

You thought that was funny? Me too, especially since NZ has the Bledisloe in our cabinet, and the Dave Gallagher Trophy (won after an absolute thrashing of France in a perfect game of rugby in Novemeber and Australia has NOTHING! Diddly squat, EMPTY AIR . :laughing: BTW, lest we forget…Scotland 9 Australia 8 :slight_smile:

I won’t comment about any jokes on the Rainbow Warrior bombing, that’s out of bounds-not sport, but a terrorist attack on NZ-and many of us still hate the French (govt.) for that.

I wouldn’t get too excited, though. The Wallabies are in a rebuilding phase and they’re only getting better. They’re sure to do well in 2011 and I pick them as huge favourites in 2015.
In between they’re sure to get a Super 14, Bledisloe and Tri-Nations or two.

[quote=“Kea”]Good post Bismark, especially the long list of Australian ‘poaches’.

You thought that was funny? Me too, especially since NZ has the Bledisloe in our cabinet, and the Dave Gallagher Trophy (won after an absolute thrashing of France in a perfect game of rugby in Novemeber and Australia has NOTHING! Diddly squat, EMPTY AIR . :laughing: BTW, lest we forget…Scotland 9 Australia 8 :slight_smile:

I won’t comment about any jokes on the Rainbow Warrior bombing, that’s out of bounds-not sport, but a terrorist attack on NZ-and many of us still hate the French (govt.) for that.[/quote]

You can remove any of those who were born in Australia and those like Gregan born to an Australian parent… eh?

Gregan was born in Zambia, of a Zimbabwean mother and an Australian father, His family moved to Australia when he was one year old, and he grew up in Canberra where he was educated at St Edmund’s College and graduated with a Bachelor of Education (Physical Education) from the University of Canberra.

But we were on about RWC’s not trinations trophys or the cook cup, James Bevan Cup, Mandela Challenge Plate, Hopetoun Cup, Lansdowne Cup, Puma Trophy, Tom Richards Trophy, Trophée des Bicentenaires, or whatever else. Australia hold several rugby trophy’s at present.

Australians dont come along claiming they are going to win everything in sight then have spasms if they don’t. NZ as I recall do not hold either the RWC or the Tri NAtions Trohpy either at present.

Sat TV, you crack me up! :smiley:

Well as I make my claim… the All Blacks will not win the RWC in New Zealand.

It’s the curse for the all blacks to never win it for another 100 years lol :smiley:

The french are due to put in another of their guilded perfomances and find the next Dominici to torment the All Blacks.

Deja Vu my friend

Sure. Sure. Gregan was Zambian because he had an Aussie parent. Well, the “Pacific Islanders” in the NZ side were mostly born and raised in NZ, also. So the point is moot then.
International sides will always, especially in the professional era, have stars born elsewhere who come for greater opportunity or because they might not have made their national sides back home. Look at Mike Catt (Saffa) who played for England, half the English cricket side, NZ’ers who ply their trade for Japan, Wales and Italy.
If accountants and doctors can move in search of better opportunities, why not rugby players.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][color=#FF0000]But we were on about RWC’s not trinations trophys or the cook cup, James Bevan Cup, Mandela Challenge Plate, Hopetoun Cup, Lansdowne Cup, Puma Trophy, Tom Richards Trophy, Trophée des Bicentenaires,
or whatever else
.[/color] Australia hold several rugby trophy’s at present.[/quote]
That’s where you’re wrong! The thread is titled “2010 Super 14”, not random OT chatter about Australian imports. But it is worthy of chatting about, so as long as the banter is good-natured without resorting to personal attacks or racism, it’s all good.
So I’m going to split it and rename the new thread.

I was born in Zambia. No shit. Can I play rugby for Australia?

Probably. They’re in need of a few good men. :smiley:

On New Zealand in 2011. I think they’ll take it. If they don’t there’s going to be pandemonium all over both islands. And much gnashing of teeth. The problem is, even though I enjoy all three of the Tri-Nations teams and would be happy if any of the three one as long as the English never get it again (which, incidentally SatTV, is the Wallabies’ fault!!!), it may just be worth the All Blacks losing to see what happens. Could be interesting.

But shame. 1987 is a long time ago, so I really hope they get it. The downside of that is, we’re not going to be able to live with them for the next four years!!!

Nah. They deserve it. They’ve dominated world rugby for years now, much the same as Australia has dominated world cricket.