Rugby: November 2009 tours

Good picks, allright.

A tricky one or two this week. Normally I’d go with Argy over England (the last two years), but with Wilko back and playing at Twickenham, the Poms should win…
The Japan Canada game should be very interesting.

Take note, this weekend’s picks run from Friday night to next Tuesday with nine games in all. This is a perfect weekend to score big and move up the table.

Will the Elf keep the yellow cap? Will the Bismarck sink his hood? Can Presley sing himself to the top? Can Almas leap up a few spots? Will Wandering wander into the top three?
Can the Dave from Down Under go on over? Can RahRah OiOi?

Anything can happen this weekend. And it probably will!

Bismarck, is Kiki your significant other?
With the honor of “Tri-Nations 2009: Top 100 global finish [34375 players]”!!
Now that IS impressive. :wink: Well done!!

[quote=“Elf1nDrak3”]Bismarck, is Kiki your significant other?
With the honor of “Tri-Nations 2009: Top 100 global finish [34375 players]”!!
Now that IS impressive. :wink: Well done!![/quote]
Yep, that’s the wife. She backed the Boks on every game. Paid off well.

Shit!!! I accidentally picked Saracens by 15 against the Boks!! :wall:
Dammit! Let’s hope PDV organises another blooper for me.

For the record, I meant Boks by 15!!!

Ah well… Stranger things have happened.

any of you lads watching the game at the brass monkey tonight?

I’ll be there in my team’s colours.

GO THE ABS

David

Japan vs Canada should be good.

Ice hockey fascist bullies vs nippy 'lil yeller critters.

Still in shock over the 20-13 ass whupping by France. Not to mention the anthem…

And here I was thinking not so long ago that the current Springbok team was one of the all time great sides of the sport. Guess I was wrong.

Didn’t see the Bok-Frog match so I can’t comment on it. Are the players worn out after such a long season of Super 14, Tri Nations and other internationals?

The French are a decent side; after all, they bet the All Blacks in NZ earlier this year.

By all accounts the French dominated the forward exchanges and French coach Lievremont said the Bok pack are bigger pansies than the Aussie pack. :astonished:

Then again, as you rightly said, most of the Boks have played 13-15 Super 14 games, 5 Currie Cup games, 6 Tri-Nations games and 3 Lions tests this year. 27 first class games in 36 weeks is a big ask. Seeing as they only lost 3 out of 10 tests (2 to go) so far, I suppose we (Bok fans) don’t have too much to complain about…

Still, I’d like it if they could perform well on the November tours, and I think PDV could’ve made a few better selections. Although, if that would’ve made much of a difference in a 1 try a piece match where the Boks were wacked with 4 penalty kicks and a drop goal is debatable. And seeing as how the All Blacks battled against Italy yesterday, it looks like the Springboks’ woes are far from over, not to mention the Ireland test looming on the horizon…

On the topic of rugby, I want to give props to SatelliteTV. I contacted him before the Ireland vs Australia game to inquire about his services and he was very helpful. I’ve checked out the Hava system that he’s posted screen shots of before and it’s awesome. Besides the wide range of sports channels (featuring everything from NFL and Ice-Hockey to Rugby and Cricket) there’s more channels than you could possibly watch. IMVHO I think it’s well worth the money and I’m getting myself set up.

If all goes well I’ll be watching the Boks vs Saracens game on Tuesday.

An excellent system.

If you think you are watching that game on Tuesday you will be sorely dissapointed.

It’s 3am Wednesday morning on Supersports 2

The dirt trackers to Face Saracens.

[quote]South Africa - 15 Earl Rose, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Juan de Jongh, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Jongi Nokwe, 10 Ruan Pienaar, 9 Heini Adams, 8 Ashley Johnson, 7 Jean Deysel, 6 Dewald Potgieter (captain), 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Danie Rossouw, 3 CJ van der Linde, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Wian du Preez.

Replacements: 16 Bandise Maku, 17 Heinke van der Merwe, 18 Alistair Hargreaves, 19 Davon Raubenheimer, 20 Francois Hougaard, 21 Meyer Bosman, 22 Riaan Viljoen.[/quote]
With the exception of Earl Rose I think it’s a much improved side from the one that faced Leicester. Apart from the fact that they haven’t played together much they should do well.

If you think you are watching that game on Tuesday you will be sorely dissapointed.

It’s 3am Wednesday morning on Supersports 2[/quote]
Damn. I’ll have to have an early sleep and wake up for that, assuming we get everything up and running first!

It’s 3am Wednesday morning on Supersports 2[/quote]
Damn. I’ll have to have an early sleep and wake up for that, assuming we get everything up and running first![/quote]

HAVA has a recording function so you can record and watch later on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

We can get you setup on time for the Rugby check your email.

Kick off in a few minutes. Watching as I type this… :discodance:

Damn! Boks led 18 - 6 at the half and Saracens come back with two tries and the boot of Derick Hougaard to win it 24 - 23!
Excellent game. Well done Saracens!

[quote=“bismarck”]Damn! Boks led 18 - 6 at the half and Saracens come back with two tries and the boot of Derick Hougaard to win it 24 - 23!
Excellent game. Well done Saracens![/quote]
Wow!Congrats to Saffacens! When did the Boks last lose the first three games of a tour?

[quote=“Wandering”][quote=“bismarck”]Damn! Boks led 18 - 6 at the half and Saracens come back with two tries and the boot of Derick Hougaard to win it 24 - 23!
Excellent game. Well done Saracens![/quote]
Wow!Congrats to Saffacens! When did the Boks last lose the first three games of a tour?[/quote]
Saffacens… :roflmao:
With ten Saffas in the team (four with Bok caps) it was kind of like watching SA “A” vs SA “B”.

Interestingly, ALL the points by BOTH sides were scored by Saffas, so…suppose we can’t really complain. :smiley:

[quote] Scorers were:

Saracens (6) 24: Tries by Ernst Joubert (45 min), Brad Barritt (53 min). Derick Hougaard kicked a conversion, three penalties and a dropped goal.

Springboks (18) 23: Tries by Juan de Jongh (28 min), Jongi Nokwe (37 min & 62 min). Ruan Pienaar kicked two penalties and a conversion. [/quote]

youtube.com/watch?v=y1ep7bxyErw

Nice work if you can get it.

[quote=“tomthorne”]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ep7bxyErw

Nice work if you can get it.[/quote]
Lucky lad.