Russia invades Ukraine: General Discussion 2023

Coming back to this: It seems very silly to me too. So maybe he’s just completely lost his marbles. But if he hasn’t, then I’d be pretty interested in how he sees this all ending. Or whether he sees it ending at all. Perhaps a continuing (but reduced) war is actually in his political interests? Russia is a weird place.

I meant the article :slight_smile: The best I got on Putin is he wants Ukraine’s resources as part of the eternal struggle, and thought he could get away with it. He may yet

2 Likes

Only a small amount of people asked the Russians to enter Afghanistan.
Ukraine is a totally different kettle of fish.
Your argument would hold ground if Russia was occupying the far west of Ukraine, which was once Poland.

I was reminded of your post when I saw this today. Even worse than I thought in the ‘free west’. The guy speaking, is Russian.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s been a bucketload of these types of things in the west, especially over the past few years. Tyranny, albeit with a “democratic flavor,” still tastes like a totalitarian sh*t sandwich.

1 Like

Sharing this one because it is kinda funny, not proof of anything, but

Pop quiz, members of which regime fled to Argentina after their European invasions didn’t go as well as expected?

Edit: here’s the answer

It looks like the russian offensive is already underway.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few articles that agree, the Ukrainians believe so anyways.

But if so, it isn’t a blitzkrieg. If the Russians have been building up and getting ready for months, we haven’t seen the result of that yet.

But we have every reason to believe now is a good time for them to start. Starting with unsuccessful attacks might be more of what we have seen, or part of a diversion. Starting with more rocket attacks might just be more of what we have seen, or a major salvo to knock out support infrastructure ahead of a ground offensive

We won’t really know until we know. But yeah, looks like things are about to kick off

1 Like

Another reminder that Russia is still very much in this fight. For the Taiwan perspective, I notice at the end the mention of how this is helping the west identify bottle necks in the manufacturing base which is being expanded, something that from China’s perspective probably increases the risks associated with launching an attack in a few years. Scary news for the world, all these weapons being made, but good news for us that it is happening before any possible future invasion

2 Likes

Apparently another video of surrendered Russian troops executed.

A reminder to @cake and anyone posting graphic material from this conflict. At a minimum post with the NSFW tag and blur the content.

We try to keep these boards family friendly and while we know horrific things happen in war, please ask yourselves if it is informative or useful to post people dying in all sorts of gruesome ways on here.

2 Likes

The ‘Mozart Group’ is kaput.
I bet some people made a shitload of $$$ out of it, though.

Putin pedo

it’s not secret Putin is a pedophile and there is also a reason why russia is kidnapping so many ukranian children into russia. Just a sick pedo ring inside russia. No secret with Scott Ritter (a primary source for some on this thread) has been ARRESTED twice because he is a pedo, not once, but twice! and now his only job is at RT going on about the greatness of Wagner and Russia. A sick cult of pedophilia is inside russia.

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

this guys son lives in London…

and is signed to a modeling agency living a very lavish lifestyle. LOL. The circus of russia continues.

https://twitter.com/PaulConRO/status/1624803848350048256?s=20&t=CJFopk0RBlneuHRxK1NOUg

1 Like

That’s probably why he wants to attack it.

4 Likes

it all makes sense now. the whole satanism of the west and homosexual latex parades. He is angry his son is gay…and he is blaming somebody for it.

“they turned my son gay”

the circus is in full swing. the mans career is about to be finished.

1 Like

Well, they are prepared for the last stand :scream:

1 Like

Yevgeny Satanovsky President of the Institute of the Middle East, February 8, 2023:
The main goal in our war with America is the outer space.
Their satellite systems, European satellites, they should not exist.
We should be working on this, not striving to achieve parity, but eliminating them.

:artificial_satellite: :zap:

1 Like

@stoa1984 this sort of post is more suitable in the general discussion thread rather than the specific development thread.