Sababa Pita Bar

What a wonderful idea! And by far the best picnic season here is October and November. Excellent!

I squeaked in there just before closing time on Monday night and had a couple pitas, cigars and fries. Like you said, lots of different spices and tastes in there.
Afterwards I noticed that Greg had either given me a discount or undercharged me.
Thanks alot!
In any event, we’ll be back again for more. :slight_smile:

They close at 9 o’clock! :astonished: :frowning: :raspberry:

Delicious falafel pita, but doesn’t taste so good when you can’t get any because the place is closed. :s

[quote=“Stray Dog”]They close at 9 o’clock! :astonished: :frowning: :raspberry:

Delicious falafel pita, but doesn’t taste so good when you can’t get any because the place is closed. :s[/quote]

agreed

:frowning:

it’s not by choice i’d imagine. neighbors can get downright ornery about businesses staying open. bongo’s is closed by 10:00, again, i’d venture, not by design. citizen cain has been putting up with near nightly visits from the police. they even have a shooter special based on the visits.

seems like the good alley people of taibei don’t like you rambuncious furrigners stirring up trouble.

hey, greg, tomer…what about just keeping a take-out window opened until, say, 10:30? give us working stiffs a chance to dine on your fine fare more often? we could promise to phone orders in so’s we don’t loiter and thereby, disturb the peace whilst your staff prepares THE BEST FOOD IN TAIWAN.

And what’s with the closed on Sunday rule :frowning: I took a bunch of friends there only to be staring at a closed shop, the lady across kept telling us her beef noodle soup was great but we passed. Btw the curry potatoes place nearby is crap, avoid it.

hey snafu, the same thing happened to me a few posts back, went there on a sunday and they were closed, tried another place nearby and it was disgusting crap

So, this place is quite the gay hangout.

Dunno. I was there just before lunch today and it looked to me very much like a small restaurant. The food is outstanding, and I’ve never been bothered by any of the customers one way or another.

Are you looking for a gay hangout? I think there is a gay forum over on the Ho! … you could probably inquire there.

The food is DAMN good. Had lunch there today.

I really enjoyed the food as well. Had the Beirut Falafel, refreshing chicken salad and a delicious carrot and honey cream soup.

The staff and the owner(?) were very pleasant and accomodating. The place is cosy and homey. Too small for a bigger group or a meeting, though.

I like the food variations and it seems that they are still experimenting with new items. I hope that continues to be the case.

The prices are decent.

914 would like that the bathroom is nice, big and clean. Most importantly, he’d love the fawcet to basin distance.

I went to Sababa a couple of days ago and had their Iranian Chicken (yummy!) and like everybody else said, the prices were very reasonable (between 100-250NT) Our waitress was kind enough to give us extra fries and pita bread for free! We ordered the sangria (which the waitress said she always adds extra alcohol) and that too was very good and very smooth. All in all, I’d highly recommend it. I just wish it was in a more convienent location.

Finally … Finally someone makes amazing food and not only amazing food, AMAZING MIDDLE EASTERN FOOD. I never thought Taipei will ever have THIS on their menu. Thank you Tomer and Greg, Thank you thank you :bravo: . It is “THE” place in town to go eat, hang out and the music is fabulous. Aside of their amazing menu, Tomer makes some serious soups almost everyday. CANTALOP SOUP !!! CHICKEN PINEAPPLE IN YOGURT (and something else, i forgot) !!! SEAFOOD IN ROASTED PEPPERS PESTO !!! WOW dude you are soup GOD … MSG lovers please cross the street, there’s taiwanese beef noodles soup shop,knock yourself out. If you’re there when Tomer is around you might get something on your table (on the house) that would make you happy happy :laughing:
Tomer, what’s next ???

why does it taste so good, why did I eat so much so that my stomach hurts now :frowning: damn you Sababa and your tastey soup, I knew it was full but I couldn’t stop eating that tastey soup I would sue but now I am so full I’ve fallen and can’t get up.

I missed this thread for sure.
Living 126 steps away from Sababa and tried it only like 2 weeks ago. can not say more than Snafu. The 88 TWD Falafel was TOOOO BIg for this small tummy.
Guess I have to try the whole menu…

yummy

I think they’ve raised the price of all the pita sandwiches to NT$98 now.

Still a great place, though.

Tried this for the first time tonight–great stuff!

Me like Sababa.

But it’s impossible to stop eating the pita and hummus!

Sababa is overrated, imo. Here’s my review:
princeroy.org/?p=475