Same Sex Marriage in Taiwan for Foreigners

Question… what if the foreign spouse’s nation revokes their SSM law? Perhaps some place like Italy, where SSM law is challenged by a vocal majority? What is Taiwan going to do then? If nothing will be done, why block people in the first place?

1 Like

This is just what if. Taiwanese laws are reciprocal (with the exception of dual nationality). If your country allows gay marriage, then you can marry a Taiwanese citizen. If not, you can’t.

I don’t think Taiwan would act if a country revokes SSM. The numbers are so small that they won’t be bothered.

1 Like

Hi guys! So where can I do my SSM… if you’re Filipino passport. The easiest way and no need to wait long… thanks

Hello,

We’re planning to get married in Taiwan next year as well, can you share the process pls? We are both filipinos

Since you’re both Filipinos, you aren’t legally entitled to enjoy the benefits of SSM.

1 Like

Reach me through messenger

If you’ve actually found a LEGAL way for two Filipinos getting around the published law of Taiwan as it pertains to SSM, you should share it with everyone publicly.

Otherwise it will look like you’re promoting something illegal.

Share please.

1 Like

Ok then please give me time to post.

3 Likes

paano po? anu po ang fb nyo para dun kita imsg

gumamit lamang ng Ingles, mangyaring!

how? what is your messenger so i can pm you…

1 Like

Hello sir, I’m a Filipino and my partner is Taiwanese, is it possible for us to get married in there country?

According to the law as it is written, no. Because if your home country won’t allow same sex marriage, then you’re not qualified to have same sex marriage in Taiwan. As a Filipino, you come from a primarily Catholic and Muslim nation where same sex marriage is not allowed.

But you need to ask @Luckyred, because he has said that it is possible, but he has not provided the information and/or procedures as he said he would.

Hi,

Sorry it took me time to het back, my solution is only for filipinos whos wanting to tie the knot. This options excludes TAIWAN, it maybe a long cut but sure.

You’re receiving this email because someone replied to one of your posts on tw.forumosa.com. NOTE WELL: RESPONSES TO THIS AUTOMATED EMAIL WILL BE POSTED PUBLICLY ON OUR FORUM

Roqueruiliu:
Hello sir, I’m a Filipino and my partner is Taiwanese, is it possible for us to get married in there country?

According to the law as it is written, no. Because if your home country won’t allow same sex marriage, then you’re not qualified to have same sex marriage in Taiwan. As a Filipino, you come from a primarily Catholic and Muslim nation where same sex marriage is not allowed.

But you need to ask @Luckyred, because he has said that it is possible, but he has not provided the information and/or procedures as he said he would.

This is so sad to hear… Does this mean that we really don’t have any options to get married to the ones we love ? :pleading_face::cry:

Hi… i saw your post re same sex marriage for couples in taiwan… can you share your info? Thank you

Welcome Mitchiko! And Congrats?

im a filipino pr here in canada looking forward to petition my same sex partner in the philippines and were thinking about marriage as spouse sponsorship is the easiest way, is there any filipinos here who got married in taiwan?

More legal challenges to the discriminatory parts of Taiwan’s same sex marriage law.

Guy

1 Like