Same Sex Marriage in Taiwan for Foreigners

That is why Taiwan is the first in Asia to approve this is for EQUALITY. should be the first to accept LGBT everywhere. thats what we fighting for. same should follow later. that is my opinion.

It seems reasonable to me for Taiwan not to offer marriage rights to citizens of countries that would refuse Taiwanese the right to get married. In some cases, such as Islamic countries, gay Taiwanese people would be legally harassed or in some cases physically harmed.

I just heard on the radio that Taiwan just clocked its first gay divorce in Pingdong. Married May 24th, divorced June 16th.

4 Likes

One couple who registered their marriage several days after it became legal to do so, however, have now filed for divorce due to family pressures, as they did not obtain the consent of their parents, according to the department.
Sigh
:cry:

I didn’t hear the reason why. Oh, that’s a shame if some of their parents have put the kibosh on things.

OTOH I have heard of parents putting pressure on their gay offpring to get married, too. Sigh. :roll:

Hi guys, i wanna ask some question abt SSM. In case, my Gf is Taiwanese but my nationality not approve… Any advise to this case? Thanks

Welcome, Gaby the Newb.

what country are you from?
does your country allow SSM?
if yes, then Taiwan welcomes you in marriage.
if no, then no

2 Likes

Question… what if the foreign spouse’s nation revokes their SSM law? Perhaps some place like Italy, where SSM law is challenged by a vocal majority? What is Taiwan going to do then? If nothing will be done, why block people in the first place?

1 Like

This is just what if. Taiwanese laws are reciprocal (with the exception of dual nationality). If your country allows gay marriage, then you can marry a Taiwanese citizen. If not, you can’t.

I don’t think Taiwan would act if a country revokes SSM. The numbers are so small that they won’t be bothered.

1 Like

Hi guys! So where can I do my SSM… if you’re Filipino passport. The easiest way and no need to wait long… thanks

Hello,

We’re planning to get married in Taiwan next year as well, can you share the process pls? We are both filipinos

Since you’re both Filipinos, you aren’t legally entitled to enjoy the benefits of SSM.

1 Like

Reach me through messenger

If you’ve actually found a LEGAL way for two Filipinos getting around the published law of Taiwan as it pertains to SSM, you should share it with everyone publicly.

Otherwise it will look like you’re promoting something illegal.

Share please.

1 Like

Ok then please give me time to post.

3 Likes

paano po? anu po ang fb nyo para dun kita imsg

gumamit lamang ng Ingles, mangyaring!

how? what is your messenger so i can pm you…

1 Like