San Francisco is worse than the third world in some places

Yea, where can I get the free guns and bullets? At least I can kill me a few animals to eat with if I didn’t have money to buy food.

And it doesn’t matter who’s president, which political party takes control. The system itself is designed to alienate anyone who has problems or have a run of bad luck. The background check system used for almost all housing and job application is designed to keep them away, and out of sight.

I’d say it’s not just California that’s failed state, I’d say the whole United States is a failed state.

Homelessness has been on a steady decline in the US. It’s clearly not a huge federal issue causing the problem. It’s a local since only a few places has a growing homeless problem. And these places are pretty much all Democrat strongholds. The US isn’t like other places, state and local governments have tremendous power and it was set up that way.

2 Likes

No to protect their property.

My point was Trump getting elected is at least partially related whereby people find it hard to get a decent job and accommodation and they want to blame certain ‘others’ for it.

Anyway what I should emphasize is that opiate and meth addiction is the biggest factor of all as once ppl get hooked on opiates and meth they will spend up to hundreds of dollars a day to sustain the habit. For instance this guy. Then they’ll get a record, get scars, lose their teeth, no work record, no credit. How do they get back into the system ?

https://youtu.be/dpMf1xg7y4E

1 Like

Not seeing the relationship to Trump. Like Andrew said, the homeless problem is worst–and growing–in the large Democrat-run cities.

How. Explain how trump has made homelessness worse. I want to understand this logic. Homelessness is on a decline in the US and under trump. It’s been a state and local issue.

I didn’t say Trump made homelessness worse. I was joking about the guns.

I MEANT Trump got elected because parts of the US had severe economic problems , the rust belt in particular. Some of those people struggle, especially if they lost their jobs or had medical issues in their 50s or got divorced and lost all their money . The system doesn’t really help those people but they may see some illegal immigrants or black people and say ‘look at all the Stuff those guys are getting…’.
The meth and opiate crisis is an exacerbating problem in those areas too.

I see. My apologies on misunderstanding and misrepresenting what you meant.

Trump has made efforts tackling the opiates and meth crisis. Like for calling out China on being the number 1 exporter of them.

1 Like

Yes thanks for your understanding .
I saw that crackdown and also that he gave China pressure on shipping fentanyls which is very much necessary. The biggest legal pusher of those pills in the US has gone bankrupt now. My job sometimes relates to this area (I won’t go into specifics) but it’s really a massive problem in the US. It’s so easy to get addicted to those pills.
I’m convinced if we could find ways to block the chemical addiction in the brain we could easily cut back over 50% of the homeless worldwide and most of the crime associated with homelessness.

1 Like

Putting people in prison for being addicted to chemicals isn’t helping. The war on drugs needs to stop.

1 Like

I used to work in a drug rehab. It’s really sad to see. Many people do get addicted just from legal prescriptions. It can take a few years or happen very quickly. And most people will deny they have a problem to the end. The things addicts say to convince themselves it’s all ok is crazy. I do agree it’s added fuel to the addiction problem. Especially since heroin and fentanyl are so cheap.

Yet Marijuana isn’t addictive but they won’t even prescribe it medically because it’s schedule 1. Seriously all the people pushing for legalization they could at least push for them to be reclassified as something not quite so severe… for example in Taiwan get it classed as something category 3 rather than 2…

1 Like

The most shady part is pharmaceutical companies are trying to sell synthetic THC for hundreds of dollars a pill when anyone can just grow it if they need to for personal use.

You see in the Star Trek universe the only reason they were able to eliminate poverty is because they let go their desire for money. Right now 99% of our problems is because of the love of money. I just wonder what level of conditioning is needed for people to let go of their scarcity mentality?

People can still develop a habit.

Also marijuana can be really strong these days with all the hybrids. Blow your mind.
And then you’ve got the synthetic cannabinoids. They are bad news.

Spice abuse

Marijuana impairs your ability to learn and …make new memories, also driving . It’s not a great drug in many ways. It’s just a lot better than the opiates.
If you want a clear head and perform to the best of your ability don’t smoke or take marijuana . I say that as someone who has enjoyed it as well but never in Taiwan.

Then where’s the USA Capitalism Death Spiral thread? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s a pretty obvious flaw with that line. It’s like…

If country A attracts illegal immigrants, and country B produces illegal emigrants, which country do you think is a better place to live, in general?

1 Like

That logic doesn’t really apply to the SF homeless problem. Unless by “better place to live” you mean places that have non-existent law enforcement and allow you to just break into cars, steal stuff, score drugs and shoot up in peace.

How many of the homeless in SF are actually from SF? Would they be better off being homeless in poorer states?

Not likely, as these would tend to be places with harsher weather. And their lawless behavior and harassment of law abiding citizens would be less tolerated in other places.

Results from SF City Government 2019
Their surveys show 8k homeless in the city of SF and 70% were living in SF at the time they most recently became homeless. 22% were from another county and 8% were from out of state.

Further down in the report it has only 31% being first time homeless with half of those being for more than a year. That leaves a lot of multiple times homeless + long term homeless.

That’s really high.