Saudi Arabia Liberalizing and changing Fast, opening up under new King MBS

It adds up just fine, he ordered the killing.

MBS, Xi, Erdogan, Putin, Duterte, and what Trump wants to be. Same bucket of scum. No country moves forward under people like this, not forward to western, democratic values.

2 Likes

Duterte took the most dangerous city in the Philippines in the most dangerous province and made it the safest city…Davao. Thats one reason locals like him. Residents feel safe there even at night now. These people are not black and white. They do some good too.

Duterte is pure scum.

2 Likes

Way to dumb down and generalize…that attitude is what hinders progress. At the same time Im not saying I agree with most of what these people do, but its not all black and white

He has presided over extrajudicial killings of people merely suspected of dealing drugs. He has literally murdered people himself. He has joked about the attractiveness of women who were raped and murdered. Pick a better team.

“If you are corrupt, I will fetch you using a helicopter to Manila and I will throw you out. I have done this before, why would I not do it again?”

“They said there are many rape cases in Davao,” the president said. “As long as there are many beautiful women, there will be more rape cases.”

This was not the first time Mr. Duterte has appeared to demean women. During his presidential campaign, he joked about the gang rape of an Australian missionary during a prison riot, suggesting that because he was mayor he should have been given the first opportunity to assault the woman.

2 Likes

Im not picking teams, Im just sharing information that isn’t often shared. I know all the info you’ve shared. Im not defending these guys but Im just saying its not black and white like your generalizations. You seem angered by anything positive any of these individuals might have done.

1 Like

It’s not dumbed town, they all have track records. MBS kills journalists, Xi has concentration camps and they kill and imprison political dissidents, Putin murdered journalists and political opponents, Duterte has been outlined, Ergodan is undergoing his own cultural revolution of sorts and threatens even the families of dissidents with prison if they get into contact.

See, it really is that simple. Where in the world have you been while this was all going on anyway?

2 Likes

Observing a world where Bush and Obama also killed many with wars. Learning about whats actually happening around the world from both sides. For example most people have no clue whats happening even in Mexico right now.

“Hitler had some good ideas, I’m just saying”, it sounds like.

As I said, nothing moves forward in any way towards western values when you have monsters like this running things. Which is sort of the premise of this thread. Good people have good ideas too, why not go with those?

1 Like

The mask is off with this kind of equivalency attempt. Shame on you, nothing more to be said.

2 Likes

Who do you consider good people with good ideas?

People who don’t murder and imprison people for exercising free speech, for starters. Low bar that none of my examples, including MBS, can manage to hurdle.

1 Like

Bush was far worse yes. But I wonder how much you paid attention during the Obama admin. I say that having voted for Obama twice

So who in Saudi Arabias ruling history does that include?

I know enough to tell a dictator from a decent human being, simple enough.

1 Like

I look at actions not only words of these individuals

Great, then you know MBS is not such a progressive guy, because he murders people who criticize him. A conclusion is reached! :brain:

1 Like

Agree that killing Khashogi is not progressive.

But I don’t know why you’re also not willing to admit these below ARE Progressive or what because he murdered Khashoggi he’s not allowed to bring these freedoms to SA because it doesn’t fit neatly into your simplistic narrow black and white reality perception so its better to get rid of Women’s driving rights and go back to the hardline Islamic fundamentalist ways because he’s just a bad dude overall so no good can ever come from him like you said.

Allowing women to drive
Allowing women to drive alone with men who are friends
Allowing stores to start choosing to no longer have separate lines for Men/Women
Getting rid of Sharia law
Allowing women to not have chaperones
Allow men and women to hold hands in public
Allowing foreign entertainment into country
Decriminalizing not wearing headscarves for women
Legalizing alcohol
Kicking ISIS out of Saudi Arbia
Arresting princes that funded ISIS
Removing Fundamentalist Wahabbist Clerics from power
Removing Wahabbi Islamic dogma from ruling the country
Closing down Secret religious police
Opening Aramco for public trade
Allowing Tourists into SA with 1st visitor visa ever
Closing down Execution Square.

Here we go with the Hitler …talk about black and white

Makes no sense to who? They don’t have the same goals as the U.S. They view the Houthi rebels in Yemen as a proxy for Iran; they look (or looked) at ISIS as opposing Iran and preventing it from linking up with Syria through the Shi’ite government in Iraq. The Wahabbis in places like Africa and Indonesia are helping them spread their ideals.