Sauna in Taipei?

I heard about some saunas in Taipei that offer steam rooms, sauna, hot tubs, and cold tubs, along with massages. Does anyone know a nice and clean one?

I go to this one sometimes.

Does it matter the kind of sauna?

Google maps sauna shows most of them. Hetero and gay, extras, take your pick.

Can you be more specific in your interests and location? “Nice and clean” isn’t specific enough as that is personal opinion.

Mostly all offer massage, so what are you looking for or not looking for? Because most have multiple offerings on the menu.

This might be a good introductory.

亞太三温暖
105, Taipei City, Songshan District, Section 3, Nanjing East Road
https://goo.gl/maps/13xgXFzi3ceuANdD9

1 Like

I’m looking for one too! Just a normal sauna like the ones they have at the gyms in the US, separated by gender, no massage or funny business. Saunas help with my bacne since they exfoliate.

Try public sport centers, most of them have sauna and steam room.

For instance: http://www.slsc-taipei.org/EN/floor_04.html (but they all look the same)

1 Like

Yup, that one’ll certainly give you a bang for your buck. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes but the bang-for-the-buck is not required or not even in your face. Might not even notice or know.

Well yeah. Until someone hits the switch and the wall suddenly disappears.

I think it’s just a door but just don’t walk through that particular door and it looks dark inside anyway so just hang out and enjoy the lounge chairs and TV and drinks and snacks and free internet and newspapers and magazines.

They’re great for your health.

I would think nice and clean being like upscale like some kind of spa.

Is there a super luxurious one in Taipei.

I wish there was a Turkish bath house like Istanbul. Now that was an experience.

In Taipei better look hot springs rather than just sauna/spa. Like Villa 32 in Beitou, or public hot spring in other hotels. There are a few areas to choose from: Beitou, Wulai, Jinshan, …

Luxurious if possible. Something like a spa.

I’m not looking to make day trips. Just 1-2 times a week to relax after work.

Anyone know any clean ones in Wanhua. Not looking for special service. Just want to go into the sauna and cold tub. Body sore from working out.

I know of one, but you probably won’t like it…

I noticed this public sports center has saunas and only $100 admission to the entire area.

Taipei Xinyi Sports Center

I should mention gyms all have sauna, and world gym sometimes offer 2 week trials.

1 Like

The sports center saunas are not too great. The cold dip pools aren’t cold enough (they just use tap water), and the wet and dry saunas aren’t hot enough (though the one in Xizhi is good enough in this respect). The dry sauna should be at least 80 degrees, for example.

1 Like