Saw another big bike rider today...with no clue

[quote=“sandman”]Listen mate, you set yourself up as some kind of “expert” on biking and bikes but then post such utter blowhard “I’m faster/safer/more skilful than you are, you’re all alcoholic potential rapists/paedophiles but I’m not” dick-measuring nonsense and you ARE going to get people’s hackles up. Of course it’s not because they don’t like you. They sure tend not to like it, though, when you jag off on this kind of tangent, which you do A LOT.
One more point: An accident pretty much every bleeding year? Ask any insurer. Ask any traffic policeman. Ask any member of the public. Ask any other biker.
The word that comes to mind is not “expert” or even “competent.”
And no, I don’t dislike you.[/quote]

Woah harsh. But again…Sandman has a long history of this kind of stuff with regards to me.

I disagree with the “expert” thing. I can guarantee I’ve never even remotely used the term in reference to myself. I’d like to see a quote to back that one up.

Safer? Yeah, I’ll stand by that one. I’d say that if I was riding with most groups and someone wanted to put something fragile/valuable on one of the bikes…I’d put mine as the best bet (notice how no one has had the common sense to inquire about the accidents…and are jumping to conclusions based on the number “eight”).
Delivery motorbike riders in England claim to have on average one small fender bender per day (and I’d assume more than one a year would be bigger than small)! Guess that means that by your standards British delivery men are the worst riders on the planet?

Skillful? That really depends on where you’re reading. I’m also the same guy who admits freely having more than average accidents…and being beaten by a 10hp scooter while riding a 118hp superbike…doesn’t sound too bragartish to me.

“you’re all alcoholic potential rapists/paedophiles but I’m not”, I have my own skeletons in my closet. On the average I place certain moral “rules” with higher regard than most foreigners. I first noticed this when a 14 year old student of mine was propositioning me…the first 8 or so male foriegners I told this to all thought it would be a great idea for me to sleep with my student…maybe I just asked the wrong 8…but if so it makes for quite the statistical anomaly…so I’ll agree with that one. But I’ve done everything from _______ to _______ in my day. Not bragging…but not too many regrets either.

Well, if you’d like to get to know the “real” me. I’m free tonight and tomorrow is a holiday. I can show you some roads you’ve never seen (yes, that’s me bragging about my superior road knowledge :sunglasses: ) and we can chat somewhere…or while riding if the road is calm enough.

This is getting old :snore:

Too many posts are turning into heated exchanges between Mordeth and XXXXX…

@ mordeth, I surely don’t have anything against you and your sarcasm can be entertaining at times, but you’ve got to remember that this is a message board, not the Jerry Springer show.

It would be nice for most posts not to turn into turkey shoots…don’t you think?

[quote=“skylarkpuma”]This is getting old :snore:

Too many posts are turning into heated exchanges between Mordeth and XXXXX…

@ mordeth, I surely don’t have anything against you and your sarcasm can be entertaining at times, but you’ve got to remember that this is a message board, not the Jerry Springer show.

It would be nice for most posts not to turn into turkey shoots…don’t you think?[/quote]

Ahh, yes…and although I’m not a “troll”, I’m sure that at least some of the people participating in this…err…“debate” are enjoying it to some degree, or else they wouldn’t post.

And I’ve had quite a few people say to me in person that they enjoy reading some of the heated discussions we have.

Usually I cringe when getting a notice that a reply has been posted on a thread like this. It’s honestly not my intention to instigate. I felt someone was insulting me (and I’ve yet to have someone unbiased come in and say she was/wasn’t) so I defended myself.

Some may say to harshly…but if some guy you don’t know out of the blue hits you in the face…you don’t hit him back with equal force…you drop him (if you can)…since his attack was unprovoked. And if the attacker did in fact think there was provocation…he should have spoken reasonably with the man instead of lashing out hurtfully.

Honestly though…with so many against me…the chances of me being correct here don’t seem to good even to me. Then again, what’s this about? From sandman’s post…

[quote] Listen mate, you set yourself up as some kind of “expert” on biking and bikes but then post such utter blowhard “I’m faster/safer/more skilful than you are, you’re all alcoholic potential rapists/paedophiles but I’m not” dick-measuring nonsense and you ARE going to get people’s hackles up. Of course it’s not because they don’t like you. They sure tend not to like it, though, when you jag off on this kind of tangent, which you do A LOT.
One more point: An accident pretty much every bleeding year? Ask any insurer. Ask any traffic policeman. Ask any member of the public. Ask any other biker.
The word that comes to mind is not “expert” or even “competent.”
And no, I don’t dislike you. [/quote]

…I’m guessing that you (as in those other than me in this thread) feel that due to some unintentional bragging that I might (or might not) do…I am therefore a valid target for slander and ridicule? Or possibly…from the gists of some of my posts…you can gather that I’m a prick…and even though I say nothing negative about you (without provocation)…you can insult me?

No…I’m honestly trying to work this out here. But I am tired today…maybe I should sleep on this.

They tend to be good riders. But dangerous as fuck, due to the nature of the riding they do. I did courier work for a year in Edinburgh, home to some the worst traffic in the UK, so I kind of know the score on that one. The reason they have accidents is because they’re forced to drive rashly if they want to make any money, and MOST of them will not hesitate to describe their courier driving as rash at least, dangerous at worst.
And I’m afraid that while tomorrow might be a holiday for most humans in Taiwan, we trained hamsters have to keep that little squeaky wheel turning, so I’ll be stuck in the office all day. :fume:

And still no one cares enough to ask about the accidents in question. For all you know all eight could have been rear-endings at red lights…in which case I could hardly be faulted…other than in being unlucky.

You know…when someone makes a statement about me that’s true…be it positive or negative…I’ll acknowledge it. I’ll admit when I’m wrong as well. And if I feel I’ve gone too far with something I often sincerely apologize. I don’t ever see any of you doing the same (except maybe plasmatron…but even there it’s hard to tell what’s sincere in his case (no offense intended)) … that makes me think I may not be the unreasonable one in this.

I would’ve liked a comment on my “you seem like a dick, therefore we can bash you and you can’t talk back” theory.

Alright off to work. I booked off my last classes since due to my lack of sleep…so I’ll be back in 3 hours to see if this is still here (or in temp) and respond to any posts. You should take advantage of my honest/half unconcious state…to…well…up to you.

Damn Sandman, and I was going to ask you if you wanted to come out with me on the open road tomorrow and do some corners. Oh well, never mind. I hope it’s not too sunny, I wouldn’t like to have a t-shirt tan. :sunglasses:

Oh, fawk YOU!
Can I say that here? Is it allowed?

Have a great day out DM – really – I hope the weather’s better than today’s.

Oh, fawk YOU!
Can I say that here? Is it allowed?

Have a great day out DM – really – I hope the weather’s better than today’s.[/quote]

Don’t worry the weather is going to be shit tomorrow…I put that in because I have to work as well :frowning:

Moderators Note: I see we are in another “my riding dick is better than yours” slingfest (In a metaphorical sense for Bikerchick of course :wink: ).

Any more of this and this thread goes in the tank… :no-no:

OK Mordeth, what accidents have you had and why werethey caused and who were they caused by?

I don’t think anyone hates you, Mordeth.[/quote]

Whoa, easy there, fella, speak for yourself…

ok i seem to have opened a can of worms here, and it was not my intention.

As i have said, i sometimes get a little protective of taiwan and the local people here. i have bitched at many of my friends for this.

I can honestly say that my comments weren’t trying to hurt anyone, i’m a sarcastic bitch and i can take most sacasim especially when it’s funny.

I can’t get in a pissing competition with anyone as i know damn well my riding skills aren’t the best, but i am trying to improve them, and i like to blame my bike for most of my riding skills, (now i have fixed everything up i have no more excuses :s ).

If the weather is good tomorrow i’ll be out on the roads, so if your about mordeth i would love to meet up. although i have absolutly no idea what you look like, but i’m sure i’m not hard to miss with my weight problem :smiling_imp: (joke, joke it’s just a joke)

so i’ll end with an apology even though there was no hurt intended. i will control my bitchiness in future. :sunglasses:

Thanks…but I only…oh wait…I could borrow my roommates NSR. Yeah ok…I’ll send you PM. Easy to anger…easy to…uhh…something opposite to anger. I’ve got that Napolian syndrome thingy maybe. I’m not short…but I’ve got a weight problem that left me pretty insecure when I was younger…the older you get the less you realize it matters (probably cause you’re going to die soon).

Keep in mind fellow readers that I’ve had multiple posters follow me from post to post slinging insults at me. I’d pratically have guys from Vroom Vroom going into Pets and Animals to make fun of my riding :s . I even had “Leave the country or else” threats which were meant seriously (could they have been from “the chief”?). So with that in mind I’m sure I’m more sensitive than most. But I really think everyone should cut back on any posts intended to hurt rather than inform.

While I haven’t agreed with too many of Mordeth’s posts, I could say that I have enjoyed them. I would be interested to read where he has been asked to leave the country, or where he has been “cyber-stalked” here on forumosa. Care to post links?

My own riding experiences in the last 20 years have included about 5 accidents. Once, my dirt bike flipped over while trying to ride up a very steep incline. Another, I narrowly escaped running over a bear in the bush. He ran away and I pulled some muscles. I once rode so far away from civilization (lost) that I had a very cold and lonely night outdoors. I drove off the road once with an inexperienced passenger because she wouldn’t lean… And in Taiwan, I had my worst accident where i had to pay a Cabbie 10 grand because I dented his quarter panel. He cut me off and I couldn’t stop. Not to say I haven’t had 1000 other close calls.

Motorcycles are dangerous, whether 25cc or 15000.

I suspect this thread is so off topic that it’s close to being floundered. I know I AM. Usually…

You should never think your riding is so superior that you can poke fun at anothers. You never know what can happen to you on your best day.

Most people would find my riding style boring because of my propensity to go slow and let the morons go first. I don’t like to take chances on two wheels. I guess I’m a bit more daring on four wheels with a frame around me.

I expect to get nailed unjustly sometime. I hope my riding style and philosophy will keep me safe, but I can’t count on my prayers.

For what it’s worth, I have had more serious car accidents. I’ve been hospitalized for bicycle accidents, briefly.

This thread is a little boring, but I just had to put in my 2 bucks worth. Goodnight!

[b]Moderators Note:

This topic is locked…Some people just can’t play nice.[/b]