Saw another big bike rider today...with no clue

oops miss type, 4 in 12 years :blush: :blush:

Say no more.

[quote=ā€œUKbikerchicā€]now now sandman it wouldnā€™t be polite to shower and tell now would it. :smiley:

Wow 7 accidents in 8 years, Iā€™ve got a bit of catching up to do, 4 in 21 years, must be all those horrible foreign and Chinese riders right? Ever thought of changing countries?? :wink: :wink: :wink: (thought Iā€™d add a few winks to make it clear :wink: )[/quote]

No, I just ride more than you. And from what Iā€™ve seen a lot quicker. Maybe a scooter would be more your speed deary. But then againā€¦I doubt a scooter would support yourā€¦egoā€¦yeah thatā€™s itā€¦ego. :wink: :wink: :wink: (right back at ya babe)

now if we want to talk about ego, i think you would know much more about that.

As for speed i have never said i am a fast rider. What is the point in going from A to B in 60seconds, unless youā€™re on the race track, There is so much more to see.
And as we all know the main roads arenā€™t the place for races, but then again not all of us are so responsible. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Can i know how, you know how much i ride, have you been spying on me :astonished:

And i really canā€™t be bothered to retaliate your childish insinuating about my size.

I could continue thisā€¦but Iā€™m not going to. What I am going to do is ask ā€œWhy?ā€. Why do you come into a threadā€¦that isnā€™t about youā€¦where no one mentions youā€¦where no one insults youā€¦just to make the below post?

[quote=ā€œUKbikerchicā€]now now sandman it wouldnā€™t be polite to shower and tell now would it. :smiley:

Wow 7 accidents in 8 years, Iā€™ve got a bit of catching up to do, 4 in 21 years, must be all those horrible foreign and Chinese riders right? Ever thought of changing countries?? :wink: :wink: :wink: (thought Iā€™d add a few winks to make it clear :wink: )[/quote]

In it you insult my riding skillsā€¦and insinuate that I complain about Chinese riders when in fact its my own skills that are the problem. Then you do a condescending ā€œIā€™m just poking fun at you manā€¦look smileysā€¦and more smileys.ā€

Iā€™ve said it beforeā€¦and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll say it again. Iā€™ve never (not that I can recall ) jumped into ANY thread to insult someone. Iā€™ve insulted people, sureā€¦plenty of timesā€¦in retaliation to their attacks. But thatā€™s about it.

Although an aggresive personā€¦Iā€™m generally very caring towards otherā€™s feelingsā€¦and the few times Iā€™ve hurt someone without provocationā€¦Iā€™ve felt very bad about it. So it befuddles (how the hell did that word pop into my head?) me that someone would go out of their way just to try to slander/hurt/make fun of someone they donā€™t even know.

There are people here whose views I disagree with. There are even a few individuals on here whoā€™ve wronged friends of mine in ā€œreal lifeā€. I still donā€™t go into their threads to insult them. You donā€™t like me? Thatā€™s fine. Most people donā€™t (unless they get to know meā€¦and even then itā€™s iffy :wink: ) , but just lay off the attacksā€¦I donā€™t feel like getting myself banned again for defending myself.

P.S. Sorry to single you out UKbikerchicā€¦many people do thisā€¦and my message is directed to them as much or more than you (see, I felt bad about singling you out so edited to clarify).

Reflect on that a moment. Are you taking web forums just a little too seriously?

Reflect on that a moment. Are you taking web forums just a little too seriously?[/quote]

Yes, this is the pattern I know. Someone insults meā€¦I insult backā€¦people tell me lighten up or lash out at me for being so rude as to stick up for myself. In this case I didnā€™t insult back (not the second time anyway)ā€¦I just asked why did that person feel it neccesary to insult me ā€œout of the blueā€ā€¦and still Iā€™m told to lighten up.

How about just cut out the negativity before it starts? Wouldnā€™t that be better?

And Toastyā€¦you think they should ban me for asking people to not be so rude? How interesting.

Reflect on that a moment. Are you taking web forums just a little too seriously?[/quote]

Yes, this is the pattern I know. Someone insults meā€¦I insult backā€¦people tell me lighten up or lash out at me for being so rude as to stick up for myself. In this case I didnā€™t insult backā€¦I just asked why did that person feel it neccesary to insult me ā€œout of the blueā€ā€¦and still Iā€™m told to lighten up.

How about just cut out the negativity before it starts? Wouldnā€™t that be better?

And Toastyā€¦you think they should ban me for asking people to not be so rude? How interesting.[/quote]

I didnā€™t say anyone should ban you. Where did I say that? You say people are insulting you. I think you are being way too thin skinned where othersā€™ criticisms of your posts (and not you personally) are concerned and finding personal insults where there arenā€™t any at all. You are reading way too much into posts, sometimes things that arenā€™t even there at all. Again, where do I say you should be banned? Itā€™s ironic that you claim this because, the last time you were banned, I told moderators I met in person that it was a wrong move. However, I think the fact that you have been banned --and not only from this site by your own admission-- ought to give you pause to reflect on just who is taking things too far and bringing negativity to discussions.

Iā€™m sorry friend. Youā€™re trying to say there was no intended insult in UKbikerchicā€™s first post?

And telling me to think about being bannedā€¦seemed like a veiled threat to me. I could be wrong and if so Iā€™m sorry.

Am I overly sensitive about people jumping into a thread just to try to belittle me? Possiblyā€¦is that a bad thing?..not necessarily.

There was another example of this not too long ago where I stated that I couldnā€™t keep up with a scooter on a mountain road on my big bikeā€¦then a couple of posts later someone writes ā€œThe only way a Big Bike could not pass a scooter in the mountains would be if the bike rider was a moron and the scooter rider a proā€¦ā€ or something very similiar. I took offenseā€¦and more than one person pointed out that he wasnā€™t directly insulting me.

If she isnā€™t insultingā€¦then at the very least sheā€™s being condescending. Neither of which is appropriate manners for someone you hardly knowā€¦and most likely improper for someone you do.

Iā€™m more honestā€¦and more openā€¦than you average poster. And for this I get slanderedā€¦itā€™s getting tiring.

Look at her post againā€¦do you see any positivity in it? Constructful critism?

I didnā€™t sleep last nightā€¦Iā€™ve decided to ostracize my best friend of 11 yearsā€¦and the first thing I saw when leaving my house this morning was a dog with two recently broken legsā€¦not my day.

excuse me :astonished:

my very first post was about team riding if you go back and look at it, and it was a joke to plasmatron as i ride with him and other some times and he says he doesnā€™t like riding in teams It was a joke for him not you. You picked up on this and got your knickers in a twist.

My comment below this was to say that not everyone can drive perfectly and i know i donā€™t but iā€™m still learning and my freinds give me advice every day which i some times take and sometimes donā€™t.

I also commented on the fact that i think it is wrong to take a dog on the main road next to a bike, as i know iā€™m allowed my opinion.

you made the comments about the smilies so i just kept it up as a joke, i put them in in the first place to make it light hearted.

the comment about how many accidents you had was directed at you as you keep saying how much of a great rider you are and how bad everyone else is on the road. and the comment about leaving the country was also along the same lines and i say it to anyone who continuously complains about Taiwan, in my opinion if you arenā€™t happy with a place then leave it.

But when you made insinuations about my size/weight i thought that was childish, but if you want to bring it down to that level then fine. I have never met you, i have no idea who you are, how can i dislike a person i have never met. Obviously you have seen me and may be many times to be able to comment on my riding skills and how often i ride.

Listen man i see these threads as fun and i can comment on anyone of them at any time i like as far as i know. Who are you to decide which threads i can comment in and which i canā€™t.
I seriously think you should calm down and take it easy, not everyone in this world is talking about you and out to get you.

see and not a winkie in sight

Well, I understood that the first part was not directed at meā€¦ so no problems there.

But I fail to see how ā€œWow 7 accidents in 8 years, Iā€™ve got a bit of catching up to do, 4 in 21 years, must be all those horrible foreign and Chinese riders right?ā€ isnā€™t a rough equivalent to saying ā€œWow, so many accidents, Iā€™m a better rider than you. Why complain about Chinese riders when itā€™s obviously yourself who is lacking?ā€

And I can play the innocence game to if youā€™d likeā€¦ahemā€¦where do I say anything about your weight? Are you overweight? How would I know? Calm down and donā€™t be so paranoidā€¦geez you say anything to a woman nowadays and somehow itā€™s about their weight. :unamused: :wink:

See at no point in the above paragraph do I insult youā€¦but itā€™s still a shitty thing to readā€¦and not something I would write except as an example of the crap some people here like to serve others.

ā€œHoneyā€¦does this motorcycle make my ass look big?ā€ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

i fully admit that the post about how many accidents was directed at you as you yourself posted it like it was something to be proud of. Every accident iā€™ve ever had has been my fault and no one elses and iā€™m not proud of any of them, i just try to learn from them.
Many comments i have seen from you and others are always commenting about how bad Taiwan is, the roads, the people, the service and everything in to boot, iā€™m not saying i donā€™t complain, but i hope to god not as much as some other people. I like it here and every now and again i feel i have to defend Taiwan and the people here. I think iā€™m in my perfect right to do so.

If you want to turn this into a war against me then do so, , there were many other comments that were just as bad as mine, but you seemed to have to pick on me, but thatā€™s ok my shoulders are broad enough.

As for the weight comment, i openly say that iā€™m overweight, and yes iā€™m very sensitive on that matter, and yes iā€™m a woman and yes i over react to it every time itā€™s mentioned, but again thatā€™s my right.

anything else???

seriously do you know how long it took me to find a bike, i had to try on every one with the different out fits i have and then i still had to get my bike resprayed, all in the name of making my butt look good :wink: hummm maybe a diet would be cheaper :smiley:

:unamused: ā€¦ here we go againā€¦

again somebody posts something that has a slight dig at you Mordeth and you apply your ā€œwhat you are saying is X, therefore Y, and Iā€™m adding Q, therefore you are insulting the very core of my beingā€¦ā€ logic then launch a scathing, unnecessary counter attack and proceed to draw it out into a protracted flame warā€¦

It really is getting a bit tediousā€¦ so what if someone says ā€œyou crashed 7 times in 8 years, thatā€™s quite a lotā€¦ :wink:ā€ how can something that mild, regardless of whether they know you or not, push your buttons to such an extent that you feel you must lash out on a personal level in revenge for such a ā€œheinous attack on your characterā€?.. crashing 7 times in 8 years is quite a lotā€¦ If youā€™re such a self proclaimed evolved, open, considerate, caring individual who cares so much about others feelings I suggest you try thisā€¦ next time someone posts some very mild, tongue in cheek, comment that may be partially directed at you albeit in a joking manner, suck it up, take the high road and let it goā€¦ if your supposedly Lancelot like sense of justice and righting ā€œwrongsā€ done against you leaves you no option but to lash out in response, at least let the punishment fit the crime and respond in kind on the same mild level without escalating the response to deliberately cutting and juvenile personal attacksā€¦

on a side line, you fly off the handle when people make assertions about you and your riding when they donā€™t know you and haven

Good speech as always, plasmatron. I have to take it tongue in cheek though (did I use that expression right?), because you yourself are the person I refer to in one of my examples above:

[quote=ā€œMordethā€]
There was another example of this not too long ago where I stated that I couldnā€™t keep up with a scooter on a mountain road on my big bikeā€¦then a couple of posts later someone writes ā€œThe only way a Big Bike could not pass a scooter in the mountains would be if the bike rider was a moron and the scooter rider a proā€¦ā€ or something very similiar. I took offenseā€¦and more than one person pointed out that he wasnā€™t directly insulting me. [/quote]

So as one possible mordeth hater sticking up for anotherā€¦your words carry less weight. Iā€™m still waiting for skylark to jump in and give his non-biased support of you two. If someone not actually known for ā€œmordeth bashingā€ were to pipe in saying that they honestly donā€™t believe Bikerchicā€™s initial comment had any ill intentā€¦then I would feel very foolish indeed.

And I like how you under exagerate bikerchicā€™s wordsā€¦and then place blame on me for paraphrasing them

is a far stretch from the orignal statement of

Which really isnā€™t that different from my paraphrase of

If any of you would like to hear the details of my accidentsā€¦then by all means ask. I enjoy sharing with othersā€¦a couple of the stories are rather funny (at my own expense of course).

But number of accidents are a rather poor judge of driving skillsā€¦my step father never had an accident in his lifeā€¦but he was always blowing tires from hitting curbs so frequently. My friends mother never had an accident eitherā€¦but sheā€™d come to a complete stopā€¦before making a lane change while still going in the same direction.

Iā€™m getting off topicā€¦I knowā€¦but to be honest I forget what the topic was. And Iā€™m tired.

Sorry again, bikerchic. But Iā€™ve had my riding abilities insulted more times than I can count (real and imagined :wink: ) on this forum. I know of people who post on here whoā€™ve hit well over 200 on roads in Taiwanā€¦they just donā€™t mention it hereā€¦and therefore they arenā€™t mocked.

One question though bikerchicā€¦you mentioned that it seemed as if I was bragging when I mentioned my number of accidentsā€¦I originally mentioned it here:

Thereā€™s a chance that one day she could get hit by a carā€¦the same as with us. But considering in the last 8 years Iā€™ve had about 7 accidentsā€¦and sheā€™s only had 1ā€¦my chances of getting hit seem higher than hers.

As I wrote that I full well knew someone would use it for ammoā€¦and at no point was I proud to write itā€¦I was very hesitant to write it, and as it turned out I was correct in my fears.

On with the ramblingā€¦I tried to get hold of you back when I had my CBRā€¦I was excited to learn of a foreigner that lived near to me that rode a big bike. I sent you a pm welcoming you to forumosa when you joined and told you so.

Alrightā€¦uhhā€¦thatā€™s it for now.

NOTE TO MODS: If you decide to remove this thread please put it in the temp forum as opposed to deleting. I donā€™t know if anything will actually be resolved hereā€¦but itā€™s worth a shot.

I donā€™t think anyone hates you, Mordeth. You just seem a little contradictory sometimes and I think it is easy for people to pick holes in your arguments. On the one hand you seem to encourage safer riding and give advice which is often very good advice, and then on the other hand you seem to do the complete opposite.
However, I enjoy reading your posts. Some of them are good/helpful, some of them are funny and some of them are just plain stupid. Thatā€™s just who you are (online anyway) but because of this, you do leave yourself open to attack.

I donā€™t think anyone hates you, Mordeth. You just seem a little contradictory sometimes and I think it is easy for people to pick holes in your arguments. On the one hand you seem to encourage safer riding and give advice which is often very good advice, and then on the other hand you seem to do the complete opposite.
However, I enjoy reading your posts. Some of them are good/helpful, some of them are funny and some of them are just plain stupid. Thatā€™s just who you are (online anyway) but because of this, you do leave yourself open to attack.[/quote]

Thanksā€¦I think.

Yeah, but keep in mind a lot of my ā€œcontradictory postsā€ arenā€™t always so when examined. For the longest time everyone here thought I was this ā€œfollow the law to the letterā€ type guy. Because I complained about people doing idiotic stunts that just happend to be against the law. From then on out when I mentioned doing something illegal (vehicular wise) Iā€™d have about 4 different posters calling me a hypocriteā€¦this went a few weeks I think.

Finally, I asked them to quote me ever saying I disliked something someone did because it was against the law. They couldnā€™t and it ended. Never got an apology though. Youā€™ll find a few apologies written by myself on these forumsā€¦when Iā€™m wrong Iā€™ll admit it.

My minds wanderingā€¦a pleasure as always D.M. .

Listen mate, you set yourself up as some kind of ā€œexpertā€ on biking and bikes but then post such utter blowhard ā€œIā€™m faster/safer/more skilful than you are, youā€™re all alcoholic potential rapists/paedophiles but Iā€™m notā€ dick-measuring nonsense and you ARE going to get peopleā€™s hackles up. Of course itā€™s not because they donā€™t like you. They sure tend not to like it, though, when you jag off on this kind of tangent, which you do A LOT.
One more point: An accident pretty much every bleeding year? Ask any insurer. Ask any traffic policeman. Ask any member of the public. Ask any other biker.
The word that comes to mind is not ā€œexpertā€ or even ā€œcompetent.ā€
And no, I donā€™t dislike you.

" but thatā€™s ok my shoulders are broad enough.

As for the weight comment, i openly say that Iā€™m overweight, and yes Iā€™m very sensitive on that matter, and yes Iā€™m a woman and yes i over react to it every time itā€™s mentioned, but again thatā€™s my right.

anything else???

You ainā€™t that big Bikerchick- hang around Sturgis, South Dakota for a weekend and see whatā€™s hanging on the P-pads or come over to the Bubba house for breakfast. Youā€™d be the suckling pig on the last teet.

She definitely could kick your butt Mordeth and out-ride any woman and most men on the island.