School Closure/Open information (new semester from Sep. 1)

Interesting… my public school is not requiring anything like this.

How does that meeting at 8:00 go? Who’s it with?

Knowing how public schools work I’m sure they’re full of interesting and useful information that definitely requires a face to face meeting and not an email :joy:

Thank you

English Dept. 10-15 minutes

It’s no different than many public schools requiring teachers to come in during the summer or CNY. There’s nothing for them to do, but they need to be there, and they better be sitting at their desk picking their nose when the county education bureau comes by to make sure they’re sitting at their desk.

The whole online teaching from school thing is BS though. Teachers need to take public transit and come in contact with others to get to work that way!! My principal actually replied to this argument with “well, I drive to work, so I’m not concerned”. Eff you.

6 Likes

Your principal sounds like a man-child.

1 Like

I was informed by my school today that they will be no in person summer camp. They will have to be online.

Edit: changed some wording.

Last update I got from from school (yesterday) was that they were considering moving the summer camp online, but nothing official.

Now, why any parent would pay upwards of NT50,000/ month to send their child over to the computer for 10 hours a day is beyond me, but I’m not a rich parent who is about to face the reality that I might be responsible for noticing the existence of my child for a few more months.

7 Likes

That is exactly what I’m thinking.

Article 63
Persons who disseminate rumors or incorrect information concerning epidemic conditions of communicable diseases, resulting in damages to the public or others, shall be fined up to NT$ 3,000,000.

3 Likes

You can disengage.
I’ve dealt with it already.

3 Likes

Ha. There’s some kind of metaphor about the immune system and memory T-cells and whatever else in these exchanges.

Either that or a Star Trek gif.

1 Like

Kids under 12 to recieve 10k TWD from covid19 relief fund.

2 Likes

Actually I was sent it by @Myn :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

is it only for local student ?

Child must have National Health Insurance (NHI) ID number

1 Like

its a good news, does anyone know how to process it ?

More info will be released in time. You will be able to receive it at ATMs.

1 Like