Scooter Accident

That is probably just general maintenance and covered by YouBike. Even a damaged wheel will not necessarily be charged unless there is extensive damage that does not happen with normal use.

1 Like

i have the basic insurance, i think it only covers hospital bills and not personal nor vehicle cost. i hve told him i will pay up (not insurance) with my own money. with that said should i still call my insurance to open a claim?

1 Like

Iā€™m not worried about not being able to pay for the damages I cause to other peopleā€™s vehicles, because I am in control of what kind of insurance I buy.

Iā€™m worried about other people not having the money to pay for the damages caused to my vehicle due to only having basic insurance.

I donā€™t see the point in calling your insurance company if they arenā€™t going to pay for any damages to vehicles. You should go back to the police and ask for mediation, and to determine who was at fault, and they will contact the other party.

In the future, never agree to pay for anything unless fault has already been determined to be yours. It is very unlikely that you are at any fault here.

update: the person finally responded to my messages he said he contacted his insurance and waiting for the insurance company to contact him back(im a bit worried heā€™ll run away). he did want to meet up at some time to discuss the split.

i told him that i will pay up without using my insurance since his hospital bill isnt that bad, i offer up to pay cash and my compulsory insurance will not cover property damage, only hospital bill

how should i continue?
should I lawyer up?
if i lawyer up will it be costly? and where to find one
assume that i wont get a lawyer for the sole reason itā€™s expensive and he wonā€™t cooperate and do not want to pay up, how to deal with it?

sorry for my billion questions, i never deal with this kind of stuff before

1 Like

That was silly

Stop making foolish concessionsā€¦

Only through official mediation.

What about your insurance?

1 Like

I would suggest it, since the situation still seems confusing to you.
IMHO other party is mostly at fault and should cover majority of the expenses. This can be discussed at the mediation meeting. Donā€™t meet up privately, it might not be binding unless you draft a legal document resting the case.

2 Likes

i absolutely did not contact my insurance cuz well i think that my insurance didnt cover property damage so ill pay his hospital bill my self and pay for his property damage after we agreed on a split, isnt that expensive only 530.

so what you mean is meet up at police station?

Why are you paying HIS hospital bills?

1 Like

:point_up_2:

The report might have some contact number you can call for a mediation meeting to be scheduled.

1 Like

well i thought ill be easier than to contact insurance

my bad for that dumb call :frowning:

1 Like

Based on the report the other party is mostly at fault for making a turn from inside the lane, cutting you off going straight. You can go to police and ask their opinion based on the report, but it will be just an opinion. Only a judge can decide, if mediation does not result in an agreement.

1 Like

By paying already he is admitting that he was at least partly at fault. A mistake many seem to makeā€¦ So he wonā€™t be able to claim 100%

1 Like

His scooter did not come to a complete stop before the accident, this is automatically not 100% in most cases (another weird Taiwanese rule)

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see the report before it was deleted.

However, in the case of being cut off it wonā€™t be an ā€œautomatic no 100%ā€ in most casesā€¦

i can re upload it but ill sensor out all personal details

1 Like

In-law on scooter was hit by a turning car from behind. No 100% :melting_face:
But very close to that. Did not have to pay anything since other party had no real damages.

1 Like

There would be many factors in play with that.

One however is that in mediation they often donā€™t do the 100% unless it goes to courtā€¦ Thatā€™s why itā€™s called ā€œmediationā€

Last time I was hit from behind I was told 80/20 and I responded ā€œbullshitā€. Went to court and got 100%

No. A scooter turned in front of him, causing him to t-bone the scooter.

Fault will be determined by where he t-boned the scooter. If he hit the front half, it means he had no time to brake, so less fault (or none). If he hit the back half, it means he had some time to brake, so there will be a little bit of fault.

1 Like