Scooters are dangerous, always be careful

MichaelTaylor - 8/7/2008 12:46:13 PM-11 Boost
“Pininfarina died while riding a Vespa scooter, near the company’s HQ in Cambiano,[4] outside Turin, Italy, on August 7, 2008.[4] According to police at the scene, the dynamics of the accident were clear: a car pulled directly in front of Mr. Pininfarina’s scooter, which impacted the car head-on.”

Pininfarina boss dies in motorcycle crash!
iepurilah submitted on 08/07/2008 Official AutoSpies Timestamp: 9:31 AM
[26] user comments | category: Misc News

Pininfarina boss dies in motorcycle crash!
Andrea Pininfarina – the chief executive of the fabled Italian coachbuilder bearing his name – died today in a road accident. He was the grandson of founder Battista Farina and son of Sergio Pininfarina.

Pininfarina, 51, was killed in a road accident in Trofarello near Turin. Police said he was riding a motorbike to the firm’s R&D base in Cambiano, Italy, when he was involved in a collision with a Ford Fiesta.

A Ford Fiesta of all things. His family will never live it down.

Sad news though. That man has been responsible for some beautiful cars over the years.

I shouldn’t mention the Hyundai Matrix I suppose though. But I will. He must have crashed into something else just as he designed this pig of a car. I still can barely believe that the almighty Pininfarina house did Hyundai.

Not all relevant, but I found this piece on the house of Pininfarina

speedace.info/automotive_dir … farina.htm

I found another page with many Pininfarina models over the years. carstyling.ru/cars.1989_Ferrari_Mythos.html