Second US Stimulus Check

It depends on how far along the person is in his payments.

If most of his monthly payment is still going to interest, then most of that stuff is tax deductible.

If he’s further along and his payment is going into principal, then he probably wouldn’t be getting a stimulus check.

You’d be surprised; I have a paid off rental that still shows a paper loss.

You must be engaged in some Taiwanese shenanigans.

Nope, straight by the book, not even vaguely aggressive in my taxes.

Yeah that’s what they all say. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you studied quantum mechanics?

1 Like

Anyone get the mailed version yet?

Can’t count out it’s attributed to simple ignorance.

Still waiting.
Said it was mailed January 6th.

Mine hasn’t even mailed yet.

I just checked mine and it was mailed on the 6th too. Hoping it comes this week because I have a Swift transfer waiting to finish. Wanted to do both at the same time because it’s an hour away, but the bank keeps calling every few days.

Wait I filed and irs has no record of it and they aren’t looking at it until February. So what’s going on?

You just did it a few days ago I thought. It takes a few weeks to even get into the IRS system after doing the online forms. It probably has just been accepted but not processed.

Yea i did it last week. Thats probably why.

The first round of checks already processed were based off of 2019 taxes. They said after the January 6th mailing, no further $600 checks would be sent until later in February.

If you are hoping to get the $600 based off of 2020 taxes, then that won’t be until after February.

I am pretty sure their new strategy is to spend their way out of an economic depression.

I never filed in 2019 because i made nothing and didnt even think i had to. So my last filing was 2017

I got my latest $600 check within 3 days of them being sent…direct deposit.

I didn’t get mine in the mail. When I checked, the message was that I either don’t qualify or there was a problem (nothing really more specific than that). I guess after February will be when I get mine.

Same here, says it was mailed on January 6th, haven’t received it yet.