Security camera in front of my room

I know it’s legal to have a camera inside a renting house. I found it weird but I still moved in. There’s one pointing at the living room, another one outside the front door. But there’s another pointing at only my room which is next to the kitchen. I searched online and apparently, even though it’s legal for the landlord to have inside the house, the cameras should not be directed at a room door. But I’m not sure how it is in Taiwan. Is this legal?

1 Like

I would be very uncomfortable running around the house nekked!

1 Like

tell me about it… I’m in the house alone a lot! and I hate I have to cover myself because the bathroom is outside

I wouldn’t. :howyoudoin:

They wanna play shitty games? They can win shitty prizes.

Enjoy permanent blindness.

7 Likes

That’s extremely weird. Cover the cameras with a blanket. If they get upset, move.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s really dumb.

3 Likes

Maybe you could dangle the big boy in front of the camera? Or do the Macarena nekked?

It’d just end up for sale on the internet somewhere, or the landlord would use it for blackmail if they were so inclined.

If it’s legal for the landlord to have cameras in the place then just cover them up with something or obscure the view because not sure you can legally enforce that the camera has a good view.

2 Likes

Let’s go Forumosa! Let’s see how many posts will have before someone answers OP’s question

5 Likes

Put black tape over the lenses. I cannot believe that it is legal for a landlord to put cameras in your rented living space.

I’ll have a lawyer friend look into it.

4 Likes

I prefer the helicopter. (SFW…mostly. Safe for YouTube)

1 Like

What was the question?

3 Likes

I would set a trap to see if they are viewing them footage. I would do something disgusting like take a huge smelly dump onto a towel in front of the camera. If they mention anything you have proof. Take that proof to a lawyer.

Or do something normal and put black tape over the cameras and see if they say anything. Same proof take to a lawyer.

Q1. How do you know this is legal?
Q2. Who is watching the footage?
Q3. Why are there cameras inside the apartment? what did the renter tell you?
Q4. With such a security risk, why did you move in?

sorry, ive never heard of anything like this before. It’s outright creepy imho.

5 Likes

Not Amber Heard’s lawyer though.

2 Likes

Taiwanese people put cameras up everywhere in their homes. It’s like they love being in a surveillance state in their own home.

But renting is different. Regardless of the law, I agree that tape or at least a post-it should be covering it. If the landlord complains (or comes and takes it off), even if it’s legal, do you want to live there?!

Put scotch tape over them. It will blur out everything.

1 Like

Can you please show me where it’s legal for the landlords to have a cctv camera inside a rental property?

4 Likes

I’m 100% sure this is voyeurism.

If you have your own internet you can do something like this. Buy some old phones or devices that are WiFi capable. Set up a home cctv monitoring network. Have the feed sent to a specific device that records the screen. Possibly even point cameras at the cameras they have installed.

Personally I don’t believe landlords are allowed to install cctv inside a rental. And if this was being done to a Taiwanese person it would be on the news.

I would be very very careful doing anything like online banking (never on WiFi and only ever from a secure device) and be changing my email passwords and account logins to two factor identification.

4 Likes