Selling F/X--don't get ripped off!

I whined:

I sold my title back, but what did it buy me? Nothing!!! Or is there some non-guanxic compensation I’m not aware of? Is this just a scam? SHOW ME THE GUANXI!!!

Seriously, though–where did the gauanxi go?

Perhaps you could add a morgage option too. When you’re running out of guanxi, you can sell some of your posts to somebody for half the totalled posts’ guanxi. The new owner of course, would get full 1 point value of the quanxi. Too complicated yeah? Doesn’t matter. And to Jeff’s problem, well, any new system or way of doing thing needs to go through a teething period, so he should get back his $.

Thank you to both of you for highlighting this problem

jeff, I’m crediting you 30 G$ for the teething experience.

After you, however, members who ‘accidentally’ buy or sell something are going to have to figure out how to prove to us it (the error) really happened

amos, there actually is a bank which will compound interest on your G$. Can you make a case for why we should have it here? :wink:

I have BUYERS REMORSE from the Segue FX shop

I purchased some shadow for my new title of Supreme Commander to give it the kind of flare that it deserves, however it looked like crap, so I hit the sell glow button. I never did get my Guanxi$ back.

If you don’t like something you should be able to return it to the store and get your Guanxi$ back. Now I am down to my last tiny bit of Guanxi$ and there is not a lot that I can do with it. :imp: :imp:

Let’s put in stuff that I would never regret purchasing, for example if a poster gets on your nerves you can spend 500 on getting them banned for a week. :smiling_imp: But then I fear that I may become the victim of my own evil idea, so forget about it :blush:

But seriously, I want my Guanxi back

Thanks, Gus. But how is this supposedto work? Are you suppoosed to all, some, or none of your guanxi back when you sell something? I noticed Boss Hogg had the same problem: segue.com.tw/3/viewtopic.php?p=53919#53919

Late edit: Oops, Sorry, I didn’t realize BH had already posted here.

[quote=“jeff”]Thanks, Gus. But how is this supposedto work? Are you suppoosed to all, some, or none of your guanxi back when you sell something? I noticed Boss Hogg had the same problem: segue.com.tw/3/viewtopic.php?p=53919#53919[/quote]I originally set a 75% return value if you sell something back. But it doesn’t seem to apply to the F/X Store :frowning:

I agree that it would be nice if there was a preview function. Imagine how much G$ I’ve blown just figuring out that I don’t really want any of that stuff :shock:

It would be nice if the F/X Store also issued ‘receipts’ – like an e-mail confirmation so that the admin could keep track.

BH, help us figure out how we can verify that future shoppers indeed attempted to purchase what they returned. Until then, caveat emptor, eh?

[quote=“gus”]Thank you to both of you for highlighting this problem

jeff, I’m crediting you 30 G$ for the teething experience.

:[/quote]

Hey, I beleive that I got in my complaint before Jeff, :imp: where is my credit back :?: I tried the Red glow and I couldn’t read my title anymore.

:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: It is not fair to just give Jeff back his Guanxi$ and forget about the rest of us. I posted my complaint immediately. If you can’t monitor the system then scrap the system. I find it very difficult to believe that you wouldn’t know what is being sold and returned in your own shop. You failed to give us a receipt.
If these are the new goodies for the new year :imp:
Hey, how about a receipt with invoice numbers and a bi-monthy guanxi$ lottery based on those numbers!!!

[quote=“Boss Hogg”]
Hey, I beleive that I got in my complaint before Jeff, :imp: where is my credit back :?: I tried the Red glow and I couldn’t read my title anymore. [/quote]

How can you say this? Jeff posted 4 (FOUR) hours before you did, and I replied 3 hours before your post.

I agree. It’s not fair

Well, think about it for a second. This forum with it’s various plug-ins is built on a database. You buy something, it’s noted in the database. You get rid of it, it is wiped from the database. Now, there are no log files being kept – why? It’d grow too big and I’d never look at it – not even to track down if someone got a little wishy washy on their G$ purchase (hard to beleive, huh?). I’ve just confirmed that we are 18% over our allocation – and we’ve only been on this webhost since August. phpBB log files, if they existed, would bump this up even more

Now, then, there’s the web server log – where theoretically we could review it to see if certain files were viewed by certain IPs at certain times. But do you really think me (or anyone) is going to track this down? On their own time?? Think again :unamused:

Working on it – maybe for next CNY :wink:

Seriously, :bulb: there are 15 other people you can appeal to to help you recover your “alleged” G$ . Me? I’ve spent way too much time on this

ttfn.

It was worth a shot!

Nice try on the system - shame that it fails.
I mean the sell button gives you some idea that you will get your Guanxi$ back. That is not the 15 other mods. problem, they didn’t design it. :wink:

“alleged” G$ my ass!

Actually Gus, I didn’t think that you’d bother to check the times and dates of the posts! Damn!!

But, I didn’t expect the answer that I got!

Not my probem???

Well, I am havin’ a bad week myself, my posts will sound a bit like I have P.M.T, but I am not givin’ up on this one.

18% over - cry me a river :wink:

Gus, I can’t believe you’re spending so much time on such a piffling trifle as this!

NEITHER CAN I, BUT NOW I KNOW WHERE SANDMANS’ GUANXI HAS GONE TO!

I’M GONNA GET YA FOR THIS!!! :smiling_imp:

sorry it was Alley cat

Me, too. I’ve seen people here write that posting on the forums is borderline addictive (limericks anyone?). Well, IMHO, that doesn’t compare to the kick I get out of tweaking this and that on these forums. And this forum has SO MUCH to tweak! Plus, I’m (finally) well up on the MySQL learning curve – so there’s so much I feel I can do. Now if only I could figure out how to do this for a living :wink:

Funny thing that each forum upgrade is heart wrenching – but when things start falling back into place… doing these little nitpicky things is fun.

I’ve gotta stop. Someone shoot me. This will never end!

Me, too. I’ve seen people here write that posting on the forums is borderline addictive (limericks anyone?).

I’ve gotta stop. Someone shoot me. This will never end![/quote]

Well Gus,

Posting in the forums is borderline addictive for me, I live in a small town where the only real contact I get with the foreign community is through Segue. You wouldn’t believe the help it has been for me to use the forums to keep my English ability from going too native.
So I complain a bit, you would too if this was your place to regain your sanity.

The interest rate n the bank is 3.5%. Is that per day,week, or year?

The people who jumped in the deep end of the karma/quanxi mess deserve to lose points. One look should have told you that there was no preview feature and that patience (and instruction from on high) was the way to go.

HA! :unamused:

Why not if it is free and easy to install?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]The people who jumped in the deep end of the karma/quanxi mess deserve to lose points. One look should have told you that there was no preview feature and that patience (and instruction from on high) was the way to go.

[/quote]

Wolfie,
The F/X sales department has a sell button, wouldn’t it be fair to expect that it would work? If not then why have the system at all!!!

Saying that those who got burnt deserved it - Ha!!!
That’s like saying that JFK deserved to get shot because he should have known that there would probably be a guy with a rifle in a building, behind a grassy knowl, or whatever. I guess Chu Mei Feng got what she deserved too because she should have known that there would be hidden cameras in her own bedroom.

Patience and instruction from on high - Ya didn’t know it was broken until we asked ya’ll to fix it, but we get to kiss our guanxi goodbye when we bought a lemon - oh well, it’s not real cash.

The Guanxi bank should issue Guanxi credit cards, they would be the easiest cards for us to get in Taiwan.

Is this (the sell function) fixed? I want to change to a lighter shade of blue glow and ditch the shadow, but I want some change.

Brian

Comparing the assassination of the president of the United States with losing a few points in a cyber community of dubious note is rather, well, hard to fathom.
My point was that having seen the bugs in this system and other, more useful computer networks, I have learned that if something new is introduced, and I stand to possibly risk losing information (points in this case), I hang back until the beta-testers have played around with it.
You have performed that task and will ultimately get your points back, or not.
Actually, a better analogy would be: Losing points to the cyber black hole that is Segue is like George W. Bush’s war on terror ingiting a world conflagaration that triggers total nuclear destruction and sets off a chain reaction that destroys most of the entire universe.
:laughing:

A question: a la the Slammer worm over the weekend, is there any chance that hacking into the F/X Shop and bringing down the entire F/X system will help solve the problems currently being experienced by all first-time users of Guanxi by resetting everything? If not, just a thought. If so …