Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020

I collected unemployment benefits in the US in the early 1980s, but that’s about it.

I admire your honesty

Hell, I like you

2 Likes

You can come over and f*ck my sister

2 Likes

wrong thread

The Bern’ll straighten out the Hong Kong situation.

HONG KONG—As soon as Bernie Sanders heard about the democratic protesters in Hong Kong, he knew something had to be done. The U.S. senator quickly chartered a flight to Hong Kong in order to throw himself into the fray.

Sanders bravely stood in the middle of the conflict between police and protesters, shouting at the “ungrateful little dissenters” that they don’t know how good they have it under a Communist regime.

“Remember, you could have it a lot worse—you could be in America!” Sanders bellowed as police officers for the totalitarian regime beat protesters in the background. “Hey, you! You on the floor there! You’re not looking very appreciative of living in one of the greatest Communist countries on earth!” Sanders continued his long-winded rant about the need for the government to own the means of production, how great breadlines are, and how bad things are in capitalist America as protesters got dragged away by police to be disappeared.

“Just think—in America, we have to pick between 14 different types of deodorant!” he said, his fingers flopping around like limp sausages.

According to sources, Beto O’Rourke is planning on joining Sanders to inform Chinese citizens how lucky they are that they don’t live in a racist country like America.

https://babylonbee.com/news/bernie-sanders-arrives-in-hong-kong-to-lecture-protesters-on-how-good-they-have-it-under-communism

1 Like

Can we crave out a territory to give to all the people who want communism?

Rogan has conversations…he doesn’t often push back hard against his guests. He asks questions and goes where the conversations go. I thought this conversation was interesting.

Why do you think we’re buying Greenland. If that doesn’t work out, we’ll just stick with our existing plan: Canada.

3 Likes

All true, and I too love me some Rogan. I would never expect him to go to far up in any tree for the fruit, but I do wish he’d gather every bit of the low hanging kind.

I think the most egregious (to me) thing Bernie did was to bark at Rogan for doubting that greed is at the root of all evil. And Rogan for being cowed by it, and letting Sanders continue to drone on.

Anyway, it wasn’t a terrible podcast, but it was, imo, a disappointing one.

Shapiro isn’t that different when he does his Sunday Specials. He may push a little bit, but he’s there largely to let the guest express their ideas. Rubin is largely that way as well.

1 Like

Shapiro’s recent sit down with Piers Morgan was a really good one I thought. Would love it if he had Bernie but it would never happen.

He pushed a little more with Morgan on gun control, but still gave Morgan the last words and plenty of time to make his case. I really appreciate the polite, long-form interviews…I can’t stand the cable news yelling boxes.

2 Likes

After watching so many long form interviews on youtube its almost impossible for me to watch cable news 2min back and forths now.

And who knows, Bernie might do it. Shapiro isn’t as provocative as he’s been in the past, and he had Yang on. I think the more people see how he treats political opponents on his Sunday Special, the more comfortable they’ll be in coming. Bernie can’t come to Shapiro in the primary (unless he’s still underperforming), but in the general it might be a smart move to claim back some independents.

Shapiro can be kind of a know it all. I feel like he got his ass kicked in school a few times lol. I mostly agree with him, but sometimes I really don’t. He’s extremely pro Israel for obvious reasons. And he kind of went off the rails calling for basically war with Iran for shooting down the drone.

He’s really good at debating though, the man has numbers and facts on hand.

I don’t remember him calling for war with Iran. I do remember him attacking the press for criticizing Trump’s non-reaction to the incident, as it seemed they were pushing for a war narrative.

this may contain nuts …and satire

1 Like

And then, after he becomes a millionaire himself…millionaires are OK? :thinking:

2 Likes