Serious request to foreigners in Taiwan about your rights

What I don’t understand is why you expect Taiwanese politicians to actually listen to you (and I mean really listen, not just hear and agree for the sake of it). No offence intended, it’s just that you’re a foreigner who doesn’t even live in Taiwan - don’t you think that’s likely to get you filed away as “yet another noisy laowai”? I could understand if you were here and doing this…

[quote=“Honour”]

So in other words, we should just shut up and sit down?

How can this government be considered “responsible” when it isn’t even “reasonable?”

Most government officials around the world don’t know the people that write to them to voice their concerns. That doesn’t mean that they ignore them or hang up the phone when they don’t have the answer. That’s just rude and demonstrates how unprepared this government is. Unprepared to be a real member of the international community.

The government here can only be described as ridiculous. The excuses they use to justify themselves are nothing short of sickening.

Maybe it’s time to say, “Boycott Taiwan.”

According to Coffeannan, we are wasting our time here. " they do not know us…" so they will never listen to us.

How is it that you, Coffeannan, think you can help us when you bring that type of attitude to the table? Don’t be a part of the problem, because if you are, we don’t need you.[/quote]

You don’t need me…I didn’t say that you need me.

You can call officials in Taiwan, but if you are a single person they will ignore you…that’s not just in Taiwan, but everywhere in Asia.

Other foreigners like Vietnamese,Japanese,Koreans,Singaporean are well organized.

Besides this forum and the Oversea Americans I cannot find anything about organizations fighting for rights or Western people.

You have to organize…I just can tell some of the TSU and DPP legislators and tell them about the situation of you, particular the one who lives in Taiwan for a long time. And they will try their best to improve the situation in general.

But the best would if you all sit together and vote a representative who will speak for you all.

Oh man! Where in the world a single man or woman changed whole country???

Martin Luther King had support by Afro-Americans, Gandi the Indian people, Mao Tze Tung the Chinese farmers…

It is not my fault that you are so passive and give up so easy.

I think most of you count to much on the economic offices of your country. I can tell you they don’t do anything for you.

So don’t sit and shut up! Stand up , organize yourselves, and speak out loud and clear and a peacefully way you have to say.

So, I will not speak by myself! I said it before I don’t want to be a hero or in the medias.

I will pass your points to the people in the government who care about human rights, moral values, democracy and Taiwan’s nation building.

They are still are minority, but getting more and more, day by day, they came back from their study,work, travel and life in Western countries. They learned something new they couldn’t find under Japanese and KMT’s dictatorship.

I hope you will never find my name or face in Taiwanese medias.

[quote]I just can tell some of the TSU and DPP legislators and tell them about the situation of you, particular the one who lives in Taiwan for a long time. And they will try their best to improve the situation in general.
[/quote]
But why would they do this? Are you really so unaware that the Taidu Scumbag Unpleasants (TSU) is probably the most racist and anti-foreigner political party in Taiwan? Their way of “improving the situation” will simply be to get rid of the damned barbarian bignoses. There! Problem solved!
If you’re really interested in human rights, the best thing for you to would be to stop supporting the TSU.

Speaking for myself, my encounters with the various TSU Legislators has been pleasant.

Maybe Sandman knows something I don’t … Have any TSU legislators actually spoken out against giving more rights to foreigners?

(I know that the TSU legislators are anti-PRC, and don’t like to see more PRC nationals living in Taiwan … but that is a separate issue … )

Speaking for myself, my encounters with the various TSU Legislators has been pleasant.

Maybe Sandman knows something I don’t … Have any TSU legislators actually spoken out against giving more rights to foreigners?

(I know that the TSU legislators are anti-PRC, and don’t like to see more PRC nationals living in Taiwan … but that is a separate issue … )[/quote]
Hey Hartzell, I agree, when I tried to join the DPP one of the guys told me sorry, why not try the TSU? His meaning was that the TSU might be more progressive.

i would like to read the peace treaty ending the chinese civil war. so many problems are evenetually explained away " because we are still at war."

it would be great if the overseas chinese could put some pressure on the chinese governments to ratify a peace treaty.

[quote=“CoffeAnnan”]Another thing you should understand is that Taiwan in a situation of big changing. First time it is spoken loudly out to abolish the sentence to death, because of Western moral values aspects.[/quote]Yes, I remember justice minister Chen Dingnan talking about that four years ago. So now the DPP has been in power for over four years. Have they abolished the death penalty? No. Have they stopped executing people? No. Are they even raising the issue any more in Taiwan? Not that I have heard. I think all that “loud speaking” is just for European consumption.

The gay marriage thing was a big deal a while ago and that seems to have fizzled away too …

Why don’t we try to take some (I repeat, some) of Coffeannan’s advice? The Philipino and Thai populations have an organized group of representatives, why don’t we? Our trade offices are reliable, if your a corporation. They don’t care about the little guys. ( :fume: let’s not go there. :fume: )

We could try a couple of different things to raise attention to the issue and draw up some local support. I don’t think that the government is going to risk the attention of deporting 30+ foreigners at the same time, too much attention. We don’t have to break the law. Most of us have a strong grasp on the concepts, we could work within them.

I’m totally serious. I think it’s about time to do something “drastic.” (Once again, I don’t mean break the law.) Otherwise they will continue to dance with us. Spinning us around and around until we are so dizzy that we don’t know what’s right from wrong anymore. I think it’s time for us to take the lead.

Let’s split the costs and file a lawsuit of sometype, or all call the same people at the same time to voice our complaints. We can contact media personalities that go for this kind of stuff, like Apple Daily.

It’s great, the progress that some of us have made. I wouldn’t dare say anything bad of the efforts put forth. However, at the same time, wouldn’t you agree if we were a combined force things could move a little faster?

Orgainzation is the key. Everything would have to be thought out carefully then executed. Only people that are seriously interested in making a change should join. For example, No Vannyel’s .(however that guy spells his name. He needs to sit down and stay there.)

So what do you think? Can we do it?

Are they still executing people?
When was the last one? OR don’t they talk about it?

[quote=“Bassman”]
Are they still executing people?
When was the last one? OR don’t they talk about it?[/quote]

Apparently, BrooneAle is petitioning the Taiwanese government to execute him.

Something about Taiwan taking up too much of his free time…

[quote=“Bassman”][Are they still executing people?
When was the last one? OR don’t they talk about it?[/quote]

Since A-Bian became president he used with justice minister Chen Dingnan their veto against the execution. Since 2002 they are trying to convince the Legislative Yuan to withdraw the law to send people to death.Now the Blue-Pan (KMT+PFP) always reject to

During the KMT ruling time , over 3000 oppositional were executed. From 1996 on over 300. Most of them for illegal “communist” conspiracy inside the DPP.

Ma Ying-Jeuo signed most of the executions at this time.

[quote=“Hartzell”]Have any TSU legislators actually spoken out against giving more rights to foreigners?

(I know that the TSU legislators are anti-PRC, and don’t like to see more PRC nationals living in Taiwan … but that is a separate issue … )[/quote]

Do we have majority in the Legislative Yuan? Do Taiwanese people full human-rights? Is the Blue-Pan willing to improve democracy,constitution and willing to break up with China?

Churchill said once:“Democracy isn’t the best solution, but it is the best we have right now.”

Honour: The best words I have read in this whole forum!!! :bravo: :bravo:

:bravo: :bravo: GO! Go! Go! :America: :canada: :Europe: :uk:

You could this forum to organize a meeting of all of you who are concerned…Finally some have their head screwed on :smiley:

[quote]From 1996 on over 300. Most of them for illegal “communist” conspiracy inside the DPP.
[/quote]

What a load of absolute SHITE! :fume: God, you are so totally out of touch with what is happening here.
Juba is right – brainwashing for the European market.

So you hang out with Taiwan legislators and politicians. Good. Therefore you must have easy access to official Taiwan facts and figures.
So please post a list of executions carried out since 1996. Names of the prisoners and the charges for which they were sentenced to death, please.

Or else, shut the fuck up or choose a topic that you know about. Taiwan is obviously not one of them.

Three hundred!!!? With a throughput like that I should be looking for a job as a hangman.

[quote=“sandman”][quote]From 1996 on over 300. Most of them for illegal “communist” conspiracy inside the DPP.
[/quote]

What a load of absolute SHITE! :fume: God, you are so totally out of touch with what is happening here.
Juba is right – brainwashing for the European market.[/quote]

Sandmaenchen wake up! East-Asia is right in the cold war! :astonished:
Then I studied in China they put me in jail for having 2 bibles ( missionary was the reason). My former Korean roommate got in prison, because I gave a book about the political system of Eastern-Germany.

In Singapore,Malaysia they send you to death even for less things.

Japan doesn’t tolerate people who disagree with their ideology.

:loco: Can you now understand why it is so hard to change things into a better in Taiwan, it means to go against whole Asia.

[quote=“CoffeAnnan”][quote=“sandman”][quote]From 1996 on over 300. Most of them for illegal “communist” conspiracy inside the DPP.
[/quote]

Juba is right – brainwashing for the European market.[/quote]

Sandmaenchen wake up! East-Asia is right in the cold war! :astonished:
Then I studied in China they put me in jail for having 2 bibles ( missionary was the reason). My former Korean roommate got in prison, because I gave a book about the political system of Eastern-Germany.

In Singapore,Malaysia they send you to death even for less things.

Japan doesn’t tolerate people who disagree with their ideology.

:loco: Can you now understand why it is so hard to change things into a better in Taiwan, it means to go against whole Asia.[/quote]
Hmm, let’s see… you got thrown in jail for breaking the law in China, Korea, Singapore, and Malaysia have strict legal systems, and Japan isn’t particularly encouraging of independent thought… this has what again to do with possible “communist” executions in Taiwan?

And please - “Pan Blue”, “Pan Green”, and “Ma Ying-jeou”. Just lending a hand.