Seriously what Taiwanese products or brands are known to the average country bumpkin

Seriously what taiwanese products or brands are known to the average country bumpkin in lets say Arkansas

Tsmc?

Asus? Though they might not know Asus is Taiwanese

ASUS, ACER, HTC, Foxconn

3 Likes

Also Giant and Merida if they know bikes. Possibly Gigabyte, MSI, Coolermaster, etc. if they are computer nerds. Evergreen because of the Suez canal disaster.

9 Likes

Since you also asked about products and not just brands, “boba” tea is pretty well known across the world. But don’t you dare call it “bubble” tea!

Fuji, MAXXIS and Kenda are also well-known Taiwanese brands in cycling

2 Likes

Din Tai Fung
Giant
etc are known to metropolitan folks

None

4 Likes

Yeah. The only 2 on this thread I know are Acer and Asus, but country bumpkins might not know these relatively obscure laptop brands even to recognize

There is also Peloton, but again not really bumpkin material

1. 50 years ago nearly everyone had something “Made in Taiwan” in their house and they knew it because printed on item or box or manual. Usually toys, or maybe a saxophone.

2. Taiwan brands haven’t been a big thing and still aren’t, with Taiwan companies preferring to sub-contract to well known brands while reaping the monetary benefits.

1 Like

Coco and Chatime in particular

ASUS and Acer are largely ubiquitous inside Best Buy and the former Future Shop

Sure, probably why I know them. Maybe I underestimate these guys

That’s it.

in Arkansas (and in Euro and many other worldwide locations), out of Kaoshuing City

I’ve heard of most of the brands mentioned here. I did not know any of them are Taiwanese though.

Depressing stuff.

1 Like

Trend Micro if they own a computer that comes with their anti-malware products.

I’d say if it’s at Best Buy in the US or Canada, then that’s my benchmark for household naming.

I wouldnt say they were obscure. 5/6 biggest PC vendor in 2022 Market share of personal computer vendors - Wikipedia