"sex wax"

Earlier tonight I saw the following En-ger-lish phrases written on a sweatshirt of a sweet 17-year-old girl; “SEX WAX” “THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR STICK.” Can anyone beat this?

Ever go surfing? :sunglasses:

Mr. Zog’s Sex Wax and that slogan have been around since the early 70’s.

Okay, a “google” search just informed me that it is a surfboard wax from the 1970s. Oh well, I’m back on streets reading teenage girls’ shirts for filth. I’m trying to clean up the place; all these young ones think about is sex, sex and more sex! Disgusting!

Somewhat related: Why is it that almost all the best Chinglish shirts are designed for women? I would love to get some, but there’s no way I’m wearing something with lace and teddy bears. :?

I saw a little girl (probably 6-7 years old) wearing a green t-shirt printed with figures of skeletons in various sexual positions. Beneath in BIG letters: “Just Bone Me!”
Class…nothing but class. :unamused:

And I live near a new English school called BJ.

Oh, come on cranky. I think you’d look precious in a frilly pink t-shirt adorned with a sexually deviant slogan. :wink:

Friend told me a few years back when he taught at a kiddie buxiban there was a kid in his class wearing a t-shirt saying:

“A young boy kept for sexual perversion”

After a hoo ha with the chinese staff, the child’s parent was informed, and the response only managed a shrug.

I’ve begun to think it’s a much more subversive marketing ploy than mere Chinglish and have imagined how amusing it would be to ship trendy t-shirts to English speaking countries with equally offensive Chinese characters. Who’d ever know?

Alien:

Two years ago, there were loads of t-shirts in Germany with Chinese characters, almost all upside down or mirrored. Nothing strong, though, mostly love, happiness or luck. Still, all those idiots walking around without knowing what was written on their t-shirt, not that much better than the Chinglish here. I’m pretty sure you could sell t-shirts with offensive characters in Germany.

Iris

Iris,
Let’s go into business! We’ll start first by collecting bizarre and crude chinese sayings.
Or think up things like: I’m a fat, idiotic big nose

[quote=“Iris”]I’m pretty sure you could sell t-shirts with offensive characters in Germany.
[/quote]

The difference, of course, is that everyone here in Taiwan studies English whereas in Germany they don’t study Chinese. In other words, the Germans have an excuse (this time!)…the Taiwanese don’t. :laughing:

Noticed how many youngsters in the west are tattooed with characters chosen for no other reason than “It looked cool”?
:unamused:
At least you could stop wearing a T-shirt.

[quote=“hsiadogah”]Noticed how many youngsters in the west are tattooed with characters chosen for no other reason than “It looked cool”?
[/quote]

That’s why God invented sandpaper. :laughing:

[quote=“hsiadogah”]Noticed how many youngsters in the west are tattooed with characters chosen for no other reason than “It looked cool”?
[/quote]

Yes, I knew this guy who asked me several times to show him “pisces”, his sign, in Chinese because he wanted to get a “cool” Chinese tatoo and didn’t like the look of his Chinese zodiac (I think it was Goat).

And that mother who sent me a desperate email: “Hi, my name is … I absolutely want to get a shoulder tatoo of the name of my son Robert in Chinese and I don’t know who to ask for the spelling”!!!

:? :? :?

Iris

i think nonsense chinese t-shirts are a great idea. :smiley:
i mean, if i’m gonna get weird looks i might as wll give 'em a reason! :smiley:
maybe something like…
[insert vulgar english translated by glossika]
:smiling_imp:

[quote=“Iris”]
And that mother who sent me a desperate email: “Hi, my name is … I absolutely want to get a shoulder tatoo of the name of my son Robert in Chinese and I don’t know who to ask for the spelling”!!![/quote]

Haha. So give it to her. Most the ‘Roberts’ I know have the name translated into ‘turnip’… :smiling_imp:

Sex Wax for surfboards
SurfWax - more than just a search engine

By coincidence I am at this very moment translating an article about Taiwanese surfboards for Infotrade Media.

Edit (several months later): Here is the article I translated about Taiwanese surfboards.

A former boss had a deviant cartoon pencil holder on her desk. It had a smiling picture of a mutant pig-dog hybrid, pictures of underwear, and the following text; “Lustful Pig Doggie - Collecting Panties is my hobby!”

It’s already happening. Apart from everything in the west now having “feng shui” written on it, gou pi bu tong Chinese is everywhere, bedspreads, curtains, you name it. Today on TV3 (Ireland) I saw an girl wearing a T-shirt with the characters “xiu [sleeve] yan [language] and wo [me]” written on it. The best one I have seen yet is a gold necklace in a catalogue in the form of the character “niang”. My mother-in-law would love that.

Quite often, actually, it’s not CHINESE printed on something we see…it’s JAPANESE. Which, as we all know, isn’t exactly the same thing.