Shinzo Abe assassinated by lone gunman

You seem very sure of yourself. Let’s take a look at his bank statements and online presence, shall we?

2 Likes

China celebrating assassination of former PM Shinzo Abe:

1 Like

Stop. It’s Chinese assholes celebrating. China is a government, not some gamer in his thin white boxers eating a bowl a pao mien.

11 Likes

Blockquote
My immediate suspicion was that this was a China hit. But actually, we don’t know much yet. It is really quite possible this guy was a lone crank with a grudge. If it was a China job, then they would have gone through intermediaries and money would have been involved. It’s not China’s style, but yeah maybe they’re going to the next level…

I swear to god, if the power ever goes out for a few hours some of you will assume that WWIII has begun. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: From Shinzo

China deletes any message they don’t like from the internet. The fact that these messages are alive and well shows the CCP shares the sentiment if not actively encourages it.

4 Likes

otoya-yamaguchi-tumblr_m5k2dyPaTa1r2ntmlo1_400

I wish I could have had his babies before he killed himself.

Ninja, please.

If the guy could get genuine standard 12ga ammunition, then standard 3/4" steel pipe works just fine for barrels and chambers (you use emory paper to smooth the chambers). Pipe nipples, a couple of nails, and a drill bit complete the ensemble.

If he was doing black powder or fireworks powder, then he didn’t even need to do that much. A pipe nipple and some black powder, a few ounces of either lead shot or ball bearings, and he was all set.

Gun manufacturing is 16th century technology. Do you really think an ordinary individual in 2022 can’t make something at home?

5 Likes

Many reasons to thank Abe. Here is one of many examples.

Remembering Abe for his support of Taiwan during China’s ban on Taiwanese pineapples last year:

Thank you Abe. :heart:

11 Likes

I worry about it every time I see a bunch of APCs roll past my apartment at 5am.

What the fuck sort of engines do they use on those things, anyway? I swear, they sound like jets and are about as loud.

1 Like

Abe sponsored remilaritization of Japan

“A remilitarized Japan has got to be China’s worst nightmare” said USA Secretary of State George Schulz (who fought against Japan in the U.S. navy)

Members of the Japanese military, former or current, assassinating a former or current prime minister seems to be some kind of a tradition in Japan. I think Abe’s the fifth one since the Meiji restoration.

1 Like

Japan has a lot of repressed nuts. Hard to have a society that orderly and conservative without some oddballs losing their shit once in a while. Remember that psycho who went on a stabbing spree in Akihabara?

1 Like

I taught a class of Asians from different countries newly arrived in USA. I asked them how they felt about September 11, 2001. In one thunderous voice, they all said “Happy!”

Sick?

I asked this in different parts of Asia. Same reply every time, as if scripted and on cue

They’d been spoon fed hatred of USA since birth, even though all East Asia would today be a Japanese colony without USA and such hatred is against their own interests.

I’m not happy Japanese PM was assassinated.

2 Likes

In this IJA internal coup, two former prime ministers were killed, all in the name of “removing the evil from the emperor’s sides”. It’s a coup concept they borrowed from China. The emperor is never wrong, it’s the evil people around the emperor preventing the emperor from doing the right thing, so we must rescue the emperor.

2 Likes

This is awful. A friend of Taiwan. He just stepped down to take care of his health…this is so sad.

6 Likes

Abe relentlessly hounded journalists and academics who were critical of his policies. He was, to put it mildly, a controversial PM domestically, even though I get why here in Taiwan he’d be considered a “friend” (the enemy of my enemy is . . . ).

Guy

3 Likes

Notable dialogue over the past 12 months:

“China should think twice” - 12/1/2021

“A Taiwan emergency is a Japanese emergency” - 12/1/2021

"Invasion of Taiwan by China would be “economic suicide” - 12/2/2021

“China Threatens to Crack Skulls After Japan’s Shinzo Abe Speaks Up for Taiwan” - 12/3/2021

China summoned Japan’s ambassador in Beijing for an “emergency meeting” on Wednesday, after former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said neither his country nor the United States could stand by if China attacked Taiwan. - 12/2/2021

Shinzo Abe Goes Hardline on Taiwan Support and Japan Should Pay Attention - 1/12/2022

Abe floats possibility of hosting US Nukes - 2/27/2022

Meeting with Taiwan President Tsai Ing Wen
“Attempts to change status quo by force should never be forgiven” - 3/22/2022

Met with PM Modi to celebrate success of QUAD - 3/24/2022

"Yesterday, I gave a lecture on “How Japan should respond to the tense situation in the Taiwan Strait” at the “Koshosha Open Forum”. - 6/6/2022

“Former Japan PM says allies must force China to relinquish Taiwan invasion plans” - 6/6/2022

Last but not least, a very special article written by Shinzo Abe himself
Strategic ambiguity on Taiwan must end - 4/12/2022

9 Likes

Abe was the first world leader to go kiss Trump’s ring which gave him a black mark in my book then.

But he overcame it in recent years by being vocal about Taiwan as evidenced by @snowstorm.

Sayonara Abe.
R.I.P.

1 Like

In those days, he was flying around everywhere, trying to make deals.

Kudos to him for the efforts, even though his repeated attempts to work with Putin (to try to give him sweeteners to get him to return those islands north of Hokkaido) were quite embarrassing. In that case, Abe was utterly being played.

Guy