Shock presidential lead by populist economist in Argentina

Isnt this kind of the point of the hunger games stories?

Same in canada. same in many countries.

Interestingly, we can shit on Taiwan and all the sky dragons here all day, but we still have one of the best presidents (best, not great…cool down China lovers) here from the south, Pingdong no less, female, probably a lesbian (jokes) , cat lady (not jokes) running the show holding back the chinese regime whilst walking on razor blades. There is an anime franchise, or two, in this!

You make it sound like there is a trend towards the Right and while that may have been the theory in 2016 it seems to have since fizzled out. I don’t think as many under the age of say 50 really feel oppressed because of new vocabulary. I’d posit that trend is strongest among middle-aged white males whose anger is easily stoked by drumming a sense that they’ve somehow lost something.

Populism is being used to distract voters while politicians line their pockets. Culture wars are deliberately waged to divide the electorate. Thinking that they are a proportionate reaction to something on the Left is nonsense. It’s overblown for the sake of outrage. People are more likely to vote out of fear and anger then they are optimism.

1 Like

There must be some KMT old farts who are concerned that Taiwan is in decline because lesbianism and cats are being shoved down our throats. Serenity now!

They will probably comment here soon :slight_smile:
Out in the world, there are a plenty haha.

The pendulum swings both ways, lots of Europe went right, Latin America left. Canada and the US are getting tired of their incumbents but the challengers on the right perhaps aren’t attractive enough, yet. From a global perspective, an American view of the political spectrum isn’t very helpful, Asia and Africa especially

How widespread is this new vocabulary in Argentina ?

Again, not very relevant to the rest of the world. Also, lots of people don’t like bits of vocabulary. The left is hardly immune to language policing.

Can’t disagree with this

Politicians of all stripes stoke the flames for political gain. This guy in Argentina as well

Nah. The horseshoe is pretty symmetrical and the pendulum will keep swinging

And donate, and fight, and again that isn’t specific to political affiliation. Even Buddhists can be roused to vote and pay and fight

1 Like

Jeez I could have written it myself…what’s happening here. :).
This tool getting so much support isn’t a good sign for the state of Argentina.

‘I will fix everything except the lack of barbers’

A former tantric sex coach who plans to do away with Argentina’s public health and education systems, disband the central bank, dollarise the economy and allow people to sell their organs has moved a step closer to becoming the next president after a landslide win in open primaries

Talk about a fucking idiot

2 Likes

I think very true !! Domestic issues that outsiders do not understand

For a country that once had a higher GDP than most of Europe and Japan, it’s the Peronists that have fucked it up for the last 70 years although brainless wenches like Madonna celebrate them :cowboy_hat_face:

This dude sounds like a real entertaining shit disturber. I’d vote for him. :clown_face:

1 Like

Their economy was being screwed before Peron took it to another level. Isn’t the lesson to avoid voting for populist authoritarians? A lesson never learned, of course.

Does this new chap have a charismatic wife?

1 Like

No but he likes threesomes with women.

1 Like

I feel very sorry for the women who have to look at his face for days on end as he’s holding back an orgasm.

1 Like

The guy used “bullshit” and “motherfucker” in this speech. Highly entertaining indeed. Would vote for him in a second with such a presentation style.

Samson Mow on X: “Let’s go Argentina! :laughing::argentina: https://t.co/UgMLlqBJ72” / X (twitter.com)

I’m not convinced that being “highly entertaining” is what we need from our politicians. We’ve already got enough clowns in positions of power. And if he starts dressing up like this I reckon Argentina ought to put him in jail now, just in case.

1 Like

I would take his background Javier Milei - Wikipedia:

He became the chief economist at Máxima AFJP (a private pension company), a head economist at Estudio Broda (a financial advising company), and a government consultant at the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes. He was also formerly a senior economist at HSBC

Over:

The title of this thread for such an erudite background? :laughing: Maybe Economist/Entertainer? And is he really far right?

Hold this post for posterity. My money is on it happening

1 Like

Gary Glitter? I think Gary Glitter’s sexual preference are more in tune with US Democrat preferences. Riding the Lolita express, covering up Epstein client list, criticizing a widely popular anti-sex trafficking movie, etc. :clown_face:

Even before he got found out “Up the Gary Glitter” used to be a British English euphemism. Life imitating art.

:roll_eyes:
https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-hurls-pro-pedophile-charges-at-fellow-republicans-as-her-ally-matt-gaetz-is-under-investigation-for-alleged-sex-with-a-minor/articleshow/90672809.cms

Oh, forgot about president pussy grabber and the teenagers

Not that there aren’t pedos on the left, but isn’t it only Qanon disciples that think this is broadly a Democrat preference?

Geriatric and a pervert. Perfect for those on the left. :laughing: :laughing: (the spirit of Ted Kennedy eh?)

That’s just rock n roll, isn’t it? Political leanings are irrelevant.

1 Like