Shocking Taiwanese T-shirts

Starbucks logo with “Starfucks”
If I find it, it will be mine.

Not in Taiwan, but while traveling in Macau I saw an old woman with a shirt that said, “Nazi Punks Fuck Off”

Cool! Maybe she want to the same New Model Army concert that I did. (I wonder where my shirt is now; haven’t worn or even seen it in years. Presumably it’s in a drawer in my parents’ house, but maybe it somehow made its way to Macau.)

I bought one of these in Germany. MIT though :stuck_out_tongue:

On the immigration line at TPE, I was standing in front of a ~15 year old Chinese girl and her father, two brothers. Her shirt read “CHEAP.”

So I pointed to her shirt, looked at her father, and shook my head, and said “bu hao”.
He seemed to understand the point that his daughter shouldn’t wear the shirt, but I’m sure he had no idea why.

I just saw one in Banqiao. It was one of those loose fitting shirts taiwanese women always like to wear. In big bold words that filled the entire shirt, were the words: “Did You Come?” Also, they were in all caps.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]“Let’s hug it out, bitch”[/list]
The last one was worn by a Western guy, who would certainly know what it meant. I wonder if he found it here or thought it was important enough to his life to bring it across the ocean to Taiwan.[/quote]It’s a quote from the TV-show Entourage.

Could just be Chinglish, otherwise it should surely read, “Did you cum?”

Well, if someone ever pointed at my child and said “not good” I probably answer “Not good enough for you? Want another hair color? Change of clothes? You §%%§$§§ f… $%§$§%%$$ !!!”

Shows how easy it is to get misunderstandings. :blush:

Well, if someone ever pointed at my child and said “not good” I probably answer “Not good enough for you? Want another hair color? Change of clothes? You §%%§$§§ f… $%§$§%%$$ !!!”

Shows how easy it is to get misunderstandings. :blush:[/quote]

Misunderstandings are even easier when you quote the wrong post. :laughing:

Shows how easy it is to get misunderstandings. :blush:[/quote]

Misunderstandings are even easier when you quote the wrong post. :laughing:[/quote]
Yeah, kind of like when a Taiwanese bird is wearing a T-shirt in a pub that says: Wanna f*ck? and you say yes.

Not that shocking, but thought they deserved an honourable mention here…

Spotted on the ZhongXiao E. Rd at the weekend on a couple of cute girls:

“FXCK SCHOOL” Yeah, unfortunately it did have an ‘X’ where the ‘U’ should be.
“Regina Loves Sex”. No idea who Regina is, but I’d like to meet her.

I’m sxre it’s not what what edxcxmated people call “exphemism”, bxt, still, it looks like some kind of cxte code. :ponder:

What I want to know is: was she simply making a nihilistic statement, or was she advertising for the (somewhat unusual) school in question?

I mentioned this a long time ago… no response. It’s not people who buy this stuff. It’s the people who write this stuff as the old TV joke goes… “Who writes this stuff…”

Are these people ignorant of English.Probably not, some shirts are too witty and sharp. Are they being cute or are they being sadistic! Disgruntled English Teachers perhaps?

These shirt all have labels right? Some Forumosan should trace it back to the designer and do an “interview” Publish it. Change the names to protect the guilty. I would really want to know what actually goes though the heads of these designers.

Don’t think so.
I guess just some design students or guys who just get money for putting random foreign words on cloth. The more unusual the better. Just like people in the West who are getting paid for designing Asian-looking T-shirts with mysterious and cool Chinese characters on it. (“Yeah and it’s supposed to mean ‘chicken’ or something — that’s my zodiac…”)

Don’t believe that one bit. It’s easy to look up a word… or trust someone who says that the word you want to use is harmless (malicious information).

The writers of “Sweet Summer Milk” printed across a chick’s breast or "Do you want to F*ck? " know what they are writing.

Who would use a random Chinese word on an American printed T-shirt. Post some or start a thread… “Shockingly stupid Chinese T-shirts”

This is not shocking English btw… 8 years ago… Double ten Day, hopped on a crowded bus. I saw a guy wearing a Mao Zedong T-shirt. I asked him if he knew what he was wearing. He did not understand me. No one on the bus noticed or cared. Why buy T-shirts if you don’t read them.

Yesterday I noticed a teenage girl and her little brother wearing a t-shirt with the weed symbol on it and the words “Ganja Smoking Area”.

It was something like this:

:roflmao:

Poor kids.

Reminds me of the Martian Chronicles.

Astronauts: Hey we’re from Earth!

Martians: Yeah, whatever.

[quote=“Taiwan_Student”]Don’t believe that one bit. It’s easy to look up a word… or trust someone who says that the word you want to use is harmless (malicious information).

The writers of “Sweet Summer Milk” printed across a chick’s breast or "Do you want to F*ck? " know what they are writing.

Who would use a random Chinese word on an American printed T-shirt.[/quote]
Lots of people. Exhibit no. 1: the latest entry at Hanzi Smatter.