Should I end our relationship or should I keep trying?

So now no matter what happens, you can always say that everything happened just as predicted by a fortune teller!

If we should believe the fortune teller, then maybe this little crisis you have now is just strengthening your relationship, and that’s why it has gone from a bit shaky to more solid…

…that is if you choose to believe…

Quite a question. Old enough to vote and to have post graduate tertiary qualifications.

None of our business really. If he loves her he should go the full nine yards. If her family don’t like it tough shit.

I went throuhg the same shit with my wife. Her father refused to allow her to get marries. So we just arranged the wedding and sent out all the invitations. There were furious bunfights as my wife was still living with her parents at the time. Still all ended well and Papa decided that he was going to lose a lot of face as the rest of the family were turning up the Mayor of Taichung was going to be the MC.

The OP needs to be determined and patient.

Maybe the woman’s parents always act like that no matter who their daughter is marrying. Puttin’ up the good fight just for the sake of it. Makes 'em feel good. It’s selfish, really. Stems from the past in their cutlure. Puts in the mind of the man that the daughter is valuable. Maybe they can get more money. Their only thinking about their future and reputation and not so much their daughter’s.

You probably already know what to do,
you just have to get the courage to do it,
don’t fight the way you feel