Should Taiwan buy BioNTech/Pfizer COVID vaccines from Fosun?

In what part of my post did you think i would vote yes to supporting our enemy?

Hard no. Obviously, as i have stated already.

It is not lawful to import any biological products, in particular, medical compounds from China. The Taiwan government and most average Joe knows how it was acquired. Like blood sub products, organ transplants, the works. And if they do not follow WTO regulations, what can be expected in such delicate products?

2 Likes

To add to the Taipei Times report. Sinovac has been okayed by the WHO.

Well the BnT vaccine is not a Chinese vaccine, although if Fosun manufactured the Taiwan doses in China it would still not be allowed.

Anyway, the article didn’t age well for other reasons.

Ko added his prediction is that the COVID-19 situation will ease in August.

eparately yesterday, Premier Su Tseng-chang (蘇貞昌) said that the government has confidence in its vaccine procurement and has purchased a certain number of doses.

Development of a domestic vaccine has also made some progress, so people do not need to worry, Su said.

No urgency and now look at TW.

4 Likes

Taiwan has too many regulations and red tape. Just look at how many companies set up shop in neighboring countries compared versus Taiwan.

1 Like

Anything that goes through China can be altered and falsified.

Do I need to remind you of the debacle from the first evacuation flight from Wuhan? With China and so many interests conspiring in -including White Wolf- how can the vaccine deal through China end up in nothing but a disaster?

Anyways, if the doses Taiwan purchased had arrived on time, we would be in less of a pickle. Currently, our issue is compounded by the global delay in vaccine distribution.

I still believe that we will be out of the woods by September. Like developed countries out of this mess by 2022, developing ones by 2024.

It is not a matter of urgency, but rather of doing things right.

Anything coming in and/or out from anywhere can be falsified. But if it’s authorized by a major publicly-traded company like Pfizer, there’s much, much less risk.

Hopefully India is prioritized. Major pharmaceutical provider.

That looks super optimistic to me. Unless you mean September 2022.

Guy

Please, the West bends over to China.

I present the evacuation flight as evidence. They gave them the ppe materials and China refused to allow use and supervision. You remember the results: 4 sick people embedded among the 300 evacuated, altered lists, danger and pain.

No way Jose can Taiwan deal again with China in these matters. Fool me once it’s on you, fool me twice…

India has enough on its plate now and for a while. Taiwan, as usual, stands alone.

2 Likes

Nope, September 2021. End of year tops.

Fully agree.

BUT. The CCP is the major problem. China is not the problem. Just look at supply chains in mainland China and all the stuff around you. Efficiency.

Sure… except when the politics and greed clash.

I seriously doubt Pfizer will allow their Chinese whatever to send fabricated documents and fake stuff to customers.

1 Like

Hon Hai, globally known as Foxconn, said Thursday in a statement that the company is willing to contribute to the ongoing efforts to contain the COVID-19 outbreak in Taiwan.

Gou is looking to purchase the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine through Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co. (Fosun Pharma), said Amanda Liu (劉宥彤), chief executive officer of YongLin Charity and Education Foundation, which was also founded by Gou, during a donation event.

Taiwanese media reported that Gou has been in talks with ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) lawmaker Ker Chien-ming (柯建銘) and Guo Guangchang (郭廣昌), chairman of Fosun International, which owns Fosun Pharma, about acquiring 10 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine from German-based BioNTech SE.

Fosun Pharma reportedly holds the vaccine’s franchise for Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and China, even though it is currently only available in Hong Kong and Macau.

You see the Chinese government doesn’t actually want to help Taiwan. They just want to damage our country and independence here. Read the article above.

They don’t offer the vaccine…They damage Taiwan.
They offer the vaccine and send their ‘health officials to rescue Taiwan’…They damage Taiwan.

All the people who think otherwise are naive or greedy for a quick buck.

What the fucj is holding up Pfizer/Fosun company to sell to HonHai to provide the vaccine here…Nothing except the CCP.

Hello look at Hong Kong don’t think anything comes free!, And by the time you want out…It’s too late !!!

6 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-taiwan-china/taiwan-says-request-to-drop-word-country-preceded-biontech-vaccine-deal-collapse-idUSL3N2NE2C2

Taiwan Health Minister Chen Shih-chung told a daily news briefing the government had signed and sent back a “final contract” agreed with BioNTech after months of negotiations, and the two sides were on the verge of issuing a press release on January 8.

But four hours later “BioNTech suddenly sent a letter, saying they strongly recommend us to change the word ‘our country’ in the Chinese version of the press release,” Chen said.

The government agreed to tweak the wording to “Taiwan” on the same day, he added.

A week later, Chen said, his government was informed by BioNTech the completion of the deal will be delayed due to a “revaluation of global vaccine supply and adjusted timelines”.

“It’s crystal clear to me that the contract was finalised,” he added.

There’s no problem within the contract. The problem was something outside of the contract,” he said, without elaborating.

The CDC started negotiations with BioNTech by early November

指揮中心就東洋公司洽談COVID-19疫苗乙事說明

發佈日期:2020-11-03
中央流行疫情指揮中心今(3)日表示,有關東洋藥品工業股份公司與疾管署洽談德國BioNTech COVID-19疫苗乙事,疾管署多次口頭及書面請該公司提出原廠正式授權文件及合約草案,以作為後續洽商之依據及具體標的,惟尚未獲該公司回復。疾管署仍會持續積極透過多方管道洽購符合我國需求之COVID-19疫苗,以加速及確保取得疫苗,保障國人健康。

2 Likes

I doubt that would have been the only problem.
The CCP would almost certainly put in many more conditions such as routing through China, being delivered by CCP health officials , government plane etc.

1 Like

They (CCP officials behind Fosun) probably want stuff to be delivered by Air China or something.

Just like the airlift in Wuhan 2020.

2 Likes

Taiwan has always been too much of a pushover. China and Chinese snowflakes kick, scream and cry over imaginary slights and get their own way.

Cut Germany off from chips. Crash their auto industry.

5 Likes

Sounds like a great euphemism.