Should Taiwan drug test foreign English teachers regularly?

I meet way too many English teachers doing drugs so I’m just asking the question.

If my kids were learning English in Taiwan, I would be on right now saying drug test English teachers monthly.

You meet a handful of foriegners who smoke weed and you’d go on and mandatory drug test thousands of teachers that are helping your children have a better future?

If you stopped to think of the thousands of Taiwanese living in Canada illegally. Not paying taxes. And no one cares at all.

You see a couple of white guys who smoke weed and you’d take a whole industry of foreigners and subject them to mandatory test like they are criminals while they work here legally and pay far more in taxes than the average Taiwanese citizen?

Since it has become legal in many states in the USA, they have been able to do a lot more research into the medicinal possibilities and made remarkable breakthroughs.

Many are migrating to states such as Colorado for this very reason, they have children or loved ones who are suffering but cannot give them CBDs because it is not legal in their respective state.

The bear, abiding since 1989… :nail_care:

I mean, yes, 2am, probably there are a bunch of kids smoking not exactly Camels and doing stronger stuff no doubt -as I have seen it before-. yet this guy standing on the sidewalk smoking away, even at 2am, me thinks the tell tale stink is unavoidable, downwind, upwind. So what is his excuse for going OUT to smoke?! That they do not allow smoking inside? Grab a beer at 711? If he is in that area at 2am he ain’t that poor.

Hence, what I mean, is that he should have seen the cops coming, if they are patrolling the area on foot, and flee, dispose of teh merchandise, anything but caught red handed. maybe I was being charitable thinking someone told on him. Maybe they thought he was smoking under a DO NOT SMOKE sign.

Indeed. It is not only teachers nor foreigners the only ones breaking the law.

We see them cops catching people in the local “entertainment” industry with weed regularly. I do not see the calls for giving them regular tests too.

1 Like

It would clearly be a backward and draconian step to start testing for a drug that the rest of the world is moving towards legalizing. Far better to spend the money on betelnut education and eradication programs. If ever there was a drug with zero positive benefits that’s it.

6 Likes

Thoigh there you would be facing the peole making millions cultivating and distributing the stuff, not to mention the bosses that depend on it for their workers to go on 22 hours without rest.

Well, it does help keep blue truck drivers awake on the road, sort of, and provide employment for disadvantaged betelnut beauties.

1 Like

All this liberal crap.

Everyone needs to be tested for everything on a weekly basis. The testers also need to be tested. The testee testers also need to be tested in a pyramid fashion until the final tester is the president. It’s the only way to be sure.

2 Likes

They used to sell caffeine pills over the counter here for the same purpose but I guess the DOH banned them due to their effect on kidney/liver. One pill was equal to five espressos. They were very handy on all-night drinking binges since they counter-balanced the soporific effects of el vino.

Use of hemp cord in pottery identified at ancient village site dating back over 10,000 years, located in the area of modern day Taiwan. Finding hemp use and cultivation in this date range puts it as one of the first and oldest known human agriculture crops.
But it’s ok. I’ll just keep taking the opiates the doctors give me. Much safer than being accused of being an hubristic foreigner projecting white privilige on all around me. Now when’s the next 50+ year old woman gonna barge in front of me at the 7/11…

Read the context. Do not cherry pick. This is just what I am talking about. You think that because you bring something from 10 thousand years ago that somehow erases the fact that it is written as a law today that you cannot use it here? It is not legally grown here now. You are here now. You can bring all te history you want, the law is here. You disagree? OK, then accept the consequences. Apple daily cover, parade and all.

You complain about opiates as if someone was forcing you to buy them. You have a choice of where you live and to follow teh law and its consequences.

That also includes teh enxt 50 year old that barges on you at a 711 or a crossing. Your choice how to react.

1 Like

I usually give them a sharp elbow or step on their foot. Bonus points if they’re wearing expensive designer shoes. Works like a charm.

Maybe it should go the other direction.

1 Like

My tribal ancestors used likker and snake oil.

Mine used herbs.

We are all guests though. Love this classic:

No!
Opens a new pathway for a crime, “framing”.

That coworker you don’t like, have some of these cookies, the oregano pizza, herb butter etc.

1 Like

Mmmmn… herb butter… drool

Forget the drug test… they should test the ability to actually speak understandable English!!