Show us your bike(s) [as in bicycles]

Ya. Top tube length and seat tube length are the geometry numbers I check when scoping out bikes. I’ve had a 55 cm ST bike that was more comfortable, with raised seat because the TT was longer. And vice versa with a 58 cm ST.

I see. No idea what ST and TT stand for, but will google them. IDK if the calculator is actually any good but looks super. Will try it just for fun!

this

1 Like

I’ve had a problem with my left leg and knee.
Bakers cyst burst behind the knee very painful and been unable to ride for 4 weeks now.
However while chance was there I’ve had front forks refurbished, had leaked air and lockout had stopped working.
Other jobs I refurbished both Hope 2003 4 pot Enduro hydraulic brakes, some new bearing sets new chain and good clean up, now working and looking great.

3 Likes

Just randomly stumbled over this comment and I’m curious. Are you saying the average height in TW is 176+? :no_mouth:

Been a month so you’ve probably worked it out but I’ll give you an example (sizes in Specialized rating)

I’m about 6’ 2" (187) but I’ve got legs proportional for someone who is 6’8 (duno, 200?). My body fits a medium (54cm) but my legs fit an extra large (58cm). So my bike is an XL but with a really short, crap looking stem on it

2 Likes

My noblest of steeds, as you can see, she’s thicc at around 20kg.

6 Likes

I like it :+1: nice understated colour and cool seat.

1 Like

nice! is that the bike that needed a new wheel?

1 Like

Yup, the rear wheel is black (new) but the front is silver. I have a replacement front wheel, it just needs rim tape

Saw your bike in the other thread, was interested in the spec. I haven’t seen that kind of livery before, is it an SL6? I do like the wheels and those tyres. I approve!

1 Like

It’s here also :wink:

Yes, it is an SL6, the last Tarmac that Specialized made in rim brake version.

Here are the specs for the size 52 frame set:

• Group set: Dura Ace 9150 + Sworks Dual Sided Power Meter
  • Wheels: Mavic Cosmic SLE (stock wheels are Roval CLX 32)
  • Stock components: Specialized 20mm off set seat post/400mm handlebars/90mm stem
  • Customized components: Fizik Arione R1 saddle, LOOK Keo Blade Carbon pedals and Nova Ride OSPW

For gearing I’m running 170mm 52/34 crank and 11-30 cassette.

3 Likes

This one got eaten by a ravenous marauding 冬瓜. There’s nothing more vicious than a melon mama protecting her cubs.
Thankfully I have many other bikes to ride.

5 Likes

This is my go-anywhere, do anything bike. 2014 Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross.
Every bit as versatile as a Surly Crosscheck, but equivalent in build quality and ride to a Gunnar Crosshairs.
This is Ping Dong County in high summer. There’s a lot of great riding on the Ping Dong plain that gets overlooked. Y’all come!

4 Likes

This is my " not so favorite any more" Primavera.
Although not a well known brand, it was a super nice, super thin, alloy frame with carbon fork, and a perfect " go anywhere, do anything" bike.
That all ended with a scooter hit from behind on my way home …
I am dreading the insurance fight … and my broken ribs recovery …

6 Likes

Ouch. Good luck. And just when the temperatures are perfect too.

1 Like

Get well soon, that sucks.

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s not worse and sorry about the bike :cry:.

1 Like

2018 Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross Disc.
I didn’t need another bike, but when Mike Varley announced that he’d make the first run of his disc 'cross bike in pink, he destroyed my will to resist buying one.
It took a while to settle on a gruppo and gearing that I liked. After experimenting with a Campagnolo/Shimano 8-speed hybrid (works great) I ended up buying and installing a Shimano 105 build kit.

6 Likes

Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery and settlement. I’ve been rear-ended by a scooter, but was very fortunate not to have gone down.
There but for the grace of Dog, so it goes with all of us who ride on the roads.

1 Like