Show us your bike(s) [as in bicycles]

My stable has expanded!
Finally after wanting a full-suspension bike since I was twelve and got a fully rigid steel Specialized Hardrock instead, I have my first dream build bike.

2021 Kona Hei Hei CR/DL
Shimano Pro carbon cockpit
Shimano XT 12-speed groupset
Nextie 30mil internal carbon rims on DT Swiss 240 hubs

2 Likes

The family loves getting new bikes as well :laughing:

Keira is 12 and riding the Pinarello FP-Zero, and got a custom build 2015 Norco Revolver

Calvin is 15 (damn, I’m getting old) and riding my old 2004 Trek 2100 with some sweet second hand tubulars, and his 2016 Seraph 29er custom build with XT 11-speed groupset, Light Bicycle carbon rims on American Racing hubs.

5 Likes

And last but certainly not least, my wonderful, beautiful, patient and understanding wife Belle has upgraded both her pavement and dirt bikes. She rode her first dirt trails on the same 95 Kona Cindercone that both kids used, and has a big comfy town bike that did a lot of burley trailer towing duty when the kids were small children.

As Keira started to ride the road bike with Calvin and I, Belle needed something more efficient so she could keep up with us on our fancy light road bikes, so she got a
2019 Felt VR5 carbon endurance bike with 105 hyd disc
And for dirt she has a ~2016 Specialized Epic carbon 29er hardtail

8 Likes

I count 7 bikes for the fam in that post alone.

Along with your bikes from your previous post, if my math hasn’t failed me, makes 10 bikes total for the family.

I think he’s the new winner!

Careful… that’s wife level math. :rage:

1 Like

Acually, all four of us have a road and a dirt bike, and I have a second dirt, and my wife still has the Lincoln Towncar bike. So there are 10 in the garage.

1 Like

Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc KOM (2019)

Not mine. Not mine. Not mine…but just had to share. :grimacing:

My cousin was on the market for a new bike and this was a pretty good deal. Tough for someone around 174cm to find a suitable bike in the overseas. Will have the shop box it up to ship back to the states soon!

4 Likes

I finally rebuilt/rejuvenated my fixed gear as a single speed.

6 Likes

Looks pretty sweet with those tan tires! I am thinking about putting together a fixie for commuting or even just to get around the city. A banger of sorts so I can just leave it outside on a simple lock while I am inside the store.

1 Like

Single speeds are such a good idea for city riding. What gears have you used?

I always use 42-17 for road bikes, you can climb on that too as well as go fast enough to not get bored. I currently also have a 42-17 on my 26" MTB single speed, and I can use that off road (obviously the gearing is a bit lower than on 700c wheels).

1 Like

45x17. I usually shoot for around 72 gear inches.

Louis Vuitton

Why?

174 usually falls in the 50-54 range of bikes. Which rarely get stocked by shops when your average height is 176+

What would that be in brands like Giant or Merida or Trek? An S?

S would be somewhere around 52 and M would be 54.

Are you telling me that someone 174cm wouldn’t have a best fit bike but a range of them, from something sub S (50cm) to an M? I mean, I don’t know much about these things but sounds too wide of a range of options…

Hey @mad_masala have you tried getting on one of those sizer machines at Giant shops?

Or this size calculator?
https://www.jensonusa.com/bike-fit-calculator

1 Like

Yes. Why?

EDIT: you mean that the frame size recommendation can vary wildly depending on the other parameters?