Show us your guitars!

Go ahead and post them.[/quote]
Yep it’s pretty much the same thing anyway. :wink:[/quote]
Here, you! My soon-to-be-mine new uke is only little. Are you saying I’ve only got a wee tadger? :raspberry:

I see Sandy wee has drawn on it already.

Mine is like a big old Les Paul Black Beauty. Strong bass, excellent sustain, and some wicked, nasty distortion. But it’s kind of old and it has a lot of dings. I’ve taken it out and played with it when I wasn’t really in my right mind. It may be about time to put a coat of paint on it and just use it for show.

Hey, this thread is for pictures!

I got a twofer.
The fat man is playing my beloved Tele, and the old fucker in the hat is playing my 17-year-old Guy Under the Bridge acoustic.
The song is, as noted previously, Dead Flowers.

I got a onefer.

Here’s some handsome slim bastard without a hat playing my Strat.

[quote=“irishstu”]I got a onefer.

Here’s some handsome slim bastard without a hat playing my Strat.

[/quote]

Kind of a weedy little fucker, could probably use a sandwich or two.

Ah HA, THAT’S where I lost that GD sweat towel, shit!!

I made all of these (only some angles shown for brevity):

there are many more…

That’s really cool. I’d love to learn to make my own; I don’t have the background, space or money, though. The luthier who made mine actually majored in luthiery in college, which I think is pretty neat.

I don’t have the background either, and I don’t have any formal education in luthiery. I wish there are a “luthiery” major in any traditional/technical universities or colleges but to date I have not seen one (and I am pretty sure they don’t have any in Taiwan either). I started out with Saga kits then went and acquired (and sold) tools and finally built up to making acoustic guitars from scratch. It’s not really too difficult once you get the process down, the devil is making it sound the way someone wants… which honestly I cannot tell the difference between the sound of two different custom-built acoustic guitars. It would be nice if there are some place somewhere in Taiwan that has tools that I can use to make guitars with… since few in Taiwan have the space to have their own shop. Land is more expensive than gold here.

Mexico’s National Institute of Fine Arts and Literature(Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes) has a School of Luthiery (Escuela de Laudería del INBA). That’s what the luthier who made my guitar attended, for five years. He made his first guitar during his fourth year there (he also makes violins and their ilk, and historical instruments).

I do wonder if there is one in Germany… but however I do wonder about the value of such schools since it seems the market favors poorly made factory crap than custom-made guitars, so that means we’d have to compete against Chinese garbage.

Rice-t, who posts on here despite being German and kind of scruffy in appearance, is studying at a school in Tainan. One of his courses is lutherie – he has to build a violin from scratch. Dunno about guitars, though.

so this forum caters to classical guitars?

:slight_smile:

Classical guitars rule!

[quote=“inot1105”]so this forum caters to classical guitars?

:slight_smile:[/quote]

delcamp.us caters to classical guitarists, just FYI. Here, there aren’t that many guitarists, and I’ll bet there are more playing non-classicals – acoustic and electric. Who all here plays (or is learning) classical, anyway? Dr. McCoy, me, RichardM,Noel (who has left the island), Nilay, maybe super_lucky, kellohitty, archylgp, [strike]and maybe Taiwan Luthiers[/strike]? Anyone else?

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“inot1105”]so this forum caters to classical guitars?

:slight_smile:[/quote]

delcamp.us caters to classical guitarists, just FYI. Here, there aren’t that many guitarists, and I’ll bet there are more playing non-classicals – acoustic and electric. Who all here plays (or is learning) classical, anyway? Dr. McCoy, me, RichardM,Noel (who has left the island), Nilay, maybe super_lucky, kellohitty, archylgp, and maybe Taiwan Luthier? Anyone else?[/quote]

I mostly play acoustic and electrics. I have never tried playing classical, and have not attempted to build a classical yet.

I made a little practice corner in my room.

I will leave it out like that so I will practice more often. I hope.

Will chime in just a bit. I had a Greco (les paul copy) made in Japan back in my high school days. It was pretty good, not as heavy as a real Les Paul (which my classmate got just cuz he could). Then i finally got a Gibson. It was like a lighter Les Paul. Called THE PAUL. I wish I had kept it. Got it in SF in the 80s I believe for 350 plus tax and nother 50 for the case. That was a brilliant guitar. Best iv ever played really. It was sorta a cross between an SG (which I love) and the Les Paul (which is awesome cuz of its sound and the fact that bands like Led Zeppelin and MOutain, among others play em).

got a chinese made Fender (real fender but really chinese made and NOT as good as an american fender for like 200 bucks a few years ago, sold it for the same).

Always wanted to get a real Fender telecaster (which iv always preferred over the strat).

The only guitar i own now is my first guitar. A nice japanese made F150 Yamaha acoustic. Still sounds beautiful and probably better then the day i got it back in H.school.

I used to play like carlos but couldnt match him so i kinda decided i should just play cds. :slight_smile:

but it was good to know how hard it is to play the guitar well to better appreciate the guitar as well as any musical instrument.

was given a yamaha classical guitar and promptly passed it on to another bud who needed it more then i did and could play it better anyway. Classical guitar playing is a whole nother ball of wax. They can and do sound beautiful with the right music.

I still love acoustic guitar music like AMERICA put out. Still love the great lead guitarists like carlos, the dude from led zeppelin , etc etc.

Shoulda kept the thing. Sold it to a professional guitarist who I suppose still treasures it or should.

Sold my Greco to some guitar shop in Taipei for 200 bucks in the