Show Your Age with a Video Game

My first love

I played many games before this, but this is the one that turned me into a gamer.

@Marco

3 Likes

Simple graphics, but still a fun and challenging game…

7 Likes

You’re just scared of blast processing old man!

2 Likes

My first is here.

Never had zelda unfortunately. But my parents bought me a NES in the early 1990s with all three games.

6 Likes

A neighbor got SMB and she and her evil older brother became my “friends” until I finally got an NES.

Can anyone name this one?

6 Likes

My parents were reluctant to go all out with the newer Super Nintendo so quickly and preferred to spend less money on the older platform. I believe my NES was used. Because of that, my brand new SNES came in 1995 at the end of its lifespan. But I did manage to acquire a tonne of games for it and it did remain supported for a couple years after the N64 came out.

Still have the box.

Was this one.

I remember taking an entire year to save the spots of money my grandmother gave me to buy gum/chocolate to buy Donkey Kong Country II. That was hard. A lot of temptation had to be resisted. A lot of patience required.

2 Likes

Galaga or one of its clones.

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

When older we had a SEGA Mega Drive console. I often played this game against my sister. It was fun for 2P.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfxQKRKPu_tnbr8T6ly1AUg

1 Like

galaga, one of my favorite arcade games. That and Cenitpede.

My friend had one. He had all three Sonics.

2 remains my favourite, I don’t know why.

3 Likes

Yep, although @Mithrandir beat you to it.

2 Likes

Played Sonic a lot too!

You guys lived a life of luxury! I am so old, I had to program my own Wolfenstein clone :rofl: Here’s part of the “Bresenham” raycasting code responsible for the pseudo-3D look of Wolfenstein and similar games:

But showing off aside, Space Quest is probably one of the first games I remember playing extensively (with some friends, using one of their dad’s PC in the basement):

water123d

8 Likes

I used to play this with my brother.

6 Likes

Simplicity, oh yeah. But the soundtracks got better over time. From beep-y Horst-Wessel-Lied to this gem:

Is that Rise of the Triad?

Certainly looks like it :face_vomiting:

Yes.

Why?