Sincere condolences to citizen k

It’s with deep sorrow that I’m posting this. Bob Ford (citizen k)'s wife, Vicky Ford, passed away after a tragic accident while they were on vacation in Thailand last month. All I know is that she drowned, but I’m not clear on the details. Actually, the details don’t matter. What does matter is that a member of our community has suffered a significant loss. I’ve never met citizen k, although I believe that we have exchanged PMs in the past. I have enjoyed reading his posts in the almost three years that he’s participated on these boards, and I know that we share some mutual friends. The moderators have been aware of this tragedy for some time now, but under the advice of some of citizen k’s good friends, we decided to not make an announcement until plans for a memorial service have been finalized. I received an announcement today about the service. Here are the details:

[quote]The memorial serivce willl be held this Friday from 2pm to 4pm at the funeral parlor on Xinhai Road, the place on the right just before the tunnel leading into Muzha.

It has been suggested that we arrive at 3pm and spend the hour there until Bob leaves in the hearse. Dress should basically be black and or white, black jeans ok.

Each person who wishes to pay their respects will be announced and you come in and offer incense and bow 3 times before tha altar (both before and after a moment of prayer, meanwhile Bob and Vicky’s family will be lined up on either side of the altar. I will arrange for a bouquet of flowers from the league. Individuals can prepare white envelopes with cash inside as they like, maybe check with a Taiwanese friend how much is appropriate, this can be given at the desk set up for such where it is entered into the register.
[/quote]
PM me if you have any questions.

Bob, this is a tragic loss for you that many of us can’t even begin to fathom. If there’s anything we can do to help you through this, just ask.

Anthony

Peace, Bob. :rainbow:

Nothing more.

jdsmith :frowning:

I can’t think what to say, but I don’t want to say nothing.

Bob, you have my deepest sympathies.

My deepest condolences to you Bob. My thoughts are with you.

Very sorry, Bob. I hope you can find a way through this.
With regards,
Stu

Oh, my. I was very saddened to read this news. Poor Bob.
Our hearts are with you…

Bob, when you eventually read this… hopefully you have enough loved ones around you to help you through this. You should also know that you can always turn to this community for support.

Bob, so sorry. Best of luck in this difficult time.

Bob, our thoughts are with you at this difficult time as you find the strength to carry on.

Bob, my sincere condolences and prayers for you in this loss. God Bless.

My thoughts are with you and your family!!! Keep on Truckin.

Bob. Man. I wish there were words. I hope your family and your friends help you through this difficult time.

My sincere condolences Bob, may you find some inner strentgh and peace during this difficult time.

Chou

My deepest sympathy CK…in this most difficult time.

I’m deeply sorry, CK. Hang in there.

My deepest sympathy CK…in this most difficult time.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

My deepest and sincere condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

There are no words to express my deepest sympathy at this time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

I have no comprehension of your sadness and despair at this time. My thoughts are with you Bob.