Singapore executes man for trafficking 2.2 lbs of weed

1 Like

Human rights violation especially considering the mass legalisation of marijuana worldwide.

8 Likes

On one hand executing a guy for weed seems ridiculously heavy handed. That said, everyone knows how seriously Singapore takes it, so to knowingly bringing or trafficking drugs there is stupid.

Although in this guys case the article mentions there may be legal contraventions by authorities

So…when’s the event? Where in Taichung? City hall?

2 Likes

A hanging at Taichung city hall. Be there or be square

2 Likes

It depends, my brother was living in Honk Kong and have to travel by plane to china and go back in the same day. After he went back to his apartment in Hong Kong he realized he had some weed in the backpack (like 3 grams), shit happens.

2 Likes

The death penalty serves no purpose. It has been proven to not be a deterrent.

Fuck Singapore to hell for this abomination.

3 Likes

Compare and contrast Singapore to Vancouver’s Downtown East Side.

2 Likes

No, it only serves to placate our innate need to kill and exact vengeance. That’s what death penalty is for. Used to be watching public execution was entertainment for the masses. The thing about execution is, almost anyone will do.

Wow he never even possessed the cannabis.

I am a lawyer. Maybe not a great one. We studied the merits of the death penalty in depth. There is no evidence that it is effective in any of the metrics punishment for crime provokes.

I can go into the academic discourse if you want.

2 Likes

“In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts” and “Chasing the Scream” are worthwhile and relevant reads.

I suppose I am just a liberal westerner. They have lots of money and shiny soulless shit all over the place. Fuck em.

I have zero interest to go to Singapore. In addition to it being hot year round it’s also expensive to live in. I don’t know why anyone would go there except for work, also did I mention the cost of living is extremely high there?

2 Likes

Insanely out of proportion. This was weed, not fentanyl. What harm could a key of weed done to anyone? Help relieve some senior citizens’ arthritis? I always did hate Singapore…

3 Likes

Food’s great.

3 Likes

Singapore is a pristine, 5-star toilet, full of shiny turds.

6 Likes

Just don’t try the hash brownies…

2 Likes

Even though execution is way too harsh, legislation of marijuana is stupid.

Very sad. There’s no way in hell anybody deserves to lose their life over a bag of herbs.

3 Likes

It is an absolute disgrace. I have always hated SG. Dubai of Asia. Yay Gucci and Versace. I choose a bit of soul in a place I choose to reside,

4 Likes