Singapore executes man for trafficking 2.2 lbs of weed

By banning chewing gum. Duh…

1 Like

I can’t think of many, and Ireland has the advantage of being English-speaking.

I would hardly call those “art”. They are like Marvel movies - everything is boilerplate.

Not everyone has avant-garde tastes. I do but appreciate pop art (Hockney) and genres that have mass popularity (albeit with a little pushing the envelope Sam Peckinpah style).

As long they don’t go on streets, put their camps and sleeping begs all around school areas. Drugs addicts harass hard working people. Begging for money,stealing, raping, killing. Drugs are dirty business and drugs hurt society.

Have nothing against causal controlled consumption of weed and alcohol or ibuprofen for that matter, but let’s not protend most people have enough responsibility to control it. Never saw a happy person with high frequent dose of alcoholic or weed.

Singapore does his things how it does. Should soften, although not banned this law. Singapore does better than most of region. I met countless young Pinays worked exploitive low jobs in Taiwan, which fathers back home are heavy alcoholics. Sell daughter abroad cheaply, so he can have his daily bottle. This is why I married tw girl instead. Philippines should ban alcohol and should bring heavy penalties like beating up alcoholics and death penalty for professionals smugglers of alcohol. For a liter of two, a year of prison and force work would do a miracle.
What else Philippines can do ? Everyone drinking their life away

Countless SE Asians also work exploitative low-end jobs in Singapore and Singapore never counts them in their statistics to always look good lol

2 Likes

Singapore has Indians cleaning roads, and so on. Better I stop giving you ideas

Plenty of people on the streets for alcohol addiction too. I’ve lost people to drugs so I understand the consequences of drugs. But to group them all together is stupid and it should be a public health issue not a criminal one.

2 Likes

Just like alcohol or nicotine cannabis shoulld be regulated.
And just as in those cases, a death sentence for a smuggler could never be justified.

1 Like

Cannabis enjoyers do none of these things…

2 Likes

Uhm, yeah. Writing in particular.

3 Likes

I lived a Singapore for a year as Ex-pat for company, was safe but I think my Japan and current Kaoshuing are safer.

I saw this recently on S’pore. crimes increase
Physical crime rises in 2022, with molestation, voyeurism, theft among crimes of concern: Police.

I stay part of the year in Estonia, so I compared
https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Estonia&country2=Singapore

They go back to Johor after work.

Singapore is pretty trashy. and hypocritical. They are tax base sure, but they also are famously a label switching hub. The amount of.legalized corruption that happens there is mind boggling. Loads of products transit there to rewrite paperwork and go on for export :joy:

And they look strong and on top of things by hanging.people for weed, what a fucking joke of a country.

Again, China Lite.

2 Likes

In what way is this not true? Was coca a big issue and cause of countless life hundreds of years ago? Of was the war on drugs banning plants the spark that made.cartels.explode?

Same question for opium.

Same question for cannabis.

Same question for coffee (although shorter lived so we now have that drug on every corner with political oppression and the crime that follows).

Same question for ethanol.

and so on.

How is this not obvious. It isnt even a theory, it is historical fact and pretty basic common knowledge within scientific realms. even soft sciences like psychology.

Singapore isn’t a democracy, it’s a dictatorship, so they murder people for going against the regime.

Sort of. They arent a dictatorship, it’s just that all sides are equally as psychopathic in some circumstances. And the society has been adequately brainwashed to allow such atrocities.

I don’t know what they are now, they were a dictatorship not too long ago. Maybe they’re not a dictatorship anymore and have elections, but they are still very authoritarian.

Democracy index seems to rate it around 6.2 or so, flawed democracy.

Then why state unequivocally:

1 Like

Just Iike Canada, it’s never a good idea,a son takes over a country. Singapore is similar type of democracy like old Atens. Wealth is divided among few groups and key family members have top positions.

It’s kind of dull there.

Like someone took Taipei, and hoovered out half the soul.

Little India is a really cool place, apart from that, its not worth the hassle.

I have ADHD. I started smoking again a couple of months ago. First thing it did, was make me want to tidy and renovate my house, and double down on learning Chinese.

It’s a democracy–they have transparent elections. How they treat opposition members is pretty shameful. That being said, the PAP has a very successful track record in economic development. Wouldn’t be my first choice, but I understand why locals support the government. They remember the communal riots, the Communists, etc.