SJW no-whites day at Evergreen State College

At Dartmouth, no less.

Why should equal opportunity be questioned, either?

I suspect the answer is in her use of ‘racial equity,’ although I can only guess what she means by that since she doesn’t bother to explain what would seem to be the crux of her argument.

Requiring a course on race and ethnicity for all college students would send the message that both the university and society value the kind of learning that produces informed and critical citizens for a world after graduation. We can’t just drift into racial equity with good intentions, nor put much hope in generational change. We need to actively, purposefully take the blinders off.

You’re correct sir. The title was changed. It was originally “SJW no-whites day at a Washington State University”. So, the title was very misleading as it LOOKED like it was WSU. But, since my home in the US is about 6 miles from The Evergreen State College, I was aware of the psycho circus that goes on. They’ve got the inmates running the prison over there!

Seattle-born and raised myself. That place has always been on the eccentric side. Didn’t Soundgarden start there?

For a while I wanted to visit that school and talk to Bill Ransom, who was a professor there. Back in the 70s he wrote a book called The Jesus Incident with Frank Herbert, parts of which were “adapted” (stolen) to form the movie Avatar. I’m a big fan of the book.

1 Like

Actually The Evergreen State College is in Olympia and Aberdeen, Twin Harbors Area, is over near the coast.

The Evergreen State College - Google Maps

The entire western part of Washington State, west of the Cascade Mountain Range is referred to as “The West Bank of the US” and is about as liberal as possible. Crazy liberal!

1 Like

I say “on the way to Aberdeen” because that’s when I always see the sign for Evergreen, when I’m driving there.

Of course I know where Aberdeen is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Seattle area is famous and known for the beginnings of the 90s grunge era.

Nirvana started in Aberdeen, moved to Olympia and then finally Seattle where they hit big fame. Kurt Cobain’s widow Courtney Love owns a house near mine in Olympia and she is a wacked out drug case!

Soundgarden was formed in Seattle back in the early 80s.

Alice In Chains was formed in Seattle back in the late 80s.

Pearl Jam was formed in Seattle in the early 90s.

@TimesThree

Ok…except for salmon fishing, razor clamming or crabbing, why in the world would you go to Aberdeen?

1 Like

On the way to the ocean of course. Westport, Ocean Shores and all that. We’ve done a lot of camping up and down the coast.

1 Like

From Wikipedia:

" Thayil met Hiro Yamamoto at Rich East High School in Park Forest. He graduated, along with Hiro Yamamoto and Bruce Pavitt, from the Active Learning Process School (ALPS) at Rich East High School in 1981. He and Yamamoto decided to move to Olympia, Washington, to study at The Evergreen State College, but they were unable to find jobs and decided to move to Seattle. There, Thayil earned money as a DJ for KCMU and earned a degree in philosophy at the University of Washington. In Seattle they also met Chris Cornell, a roommate, and the three formed Soundgarden in 1984."

So yeah, there’s an Evergreen connection. But you’re right. They didn’t really form there.

1 Like

I changed it because it was poorly written and it would be reasonable to assume this was about WSU from reading it.

1 Like

I can’t remember if another poster has already posted this, but this young man is brilliant:

3 Likes