Sleaford Mods

I’m a rocker. Rock and Roll is all I listen to. Not much has caught my ear since The Talking Heads. Okay, I like Cake. Comfort Eagle is a very cool song…but seriously, for me, music became palliative in the mid 80s.

That is, until last year when my Scouser mate introduced me to Sleaford Mods.

Now they’re all I listen to.

If you haven’t discovered these Knottie Boyz yet, here’s a taste:

While the poetry mixed with the drums and bass is thumpin’, it’s their stage presence that really hooked me in.

To whit:

Remember to tell your friends that a 60 year old man turned you on to this.

1 Like

I’m wondering what the guy on the left is doing other than drinking a beer. At least have him wave a Jamaican flag or something

2 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

Andrew Fearn. Dude is awesome. He just pushes play on his laptop, then bops. As enigmatic as Jason Williamson is, Fearn’s boppin is infectious.

I could have sworn I’d posted about Sleaford Mods before, but a search comes up with nothing.

It was something to do with Grantham. Weird.

1 Like

I went to buy a car from one of them MK3 Cortina only 2 years ago.
Strange thing was a mate of mine drove me there to buy in Leicerstershire, we passed the Sleaford sign and I said hey Sleaford I didn’t realise was actually name of a Town, I knew them as my Nephew really into them and hear them frequently on 6MUSIC
Personally hear to much and his voice starts to get on my tits.
I hope to eventually get my Vinyl collection over here, so heavy that stuff no chance in Luggage.

Shouldn’t this be moved to What Are You Listening To?

1 Like

As it happens, Andrew Chau, the amazing actor playing fellow Knottie Boy William A. Pickering, in the upcoming Lady the Butterfly, has been using Sleaford Mods to develop his accent. Between takes, the two of us have been known to break into little snippets. :fox_face: :fox_face:

Now that I’ve shamelessly self-promoted a link to the TV show, it might want to live in the Butterfly thread too.

j/k…weak saucedly

I take your point, and of course considered posting directly there, but I feel he is more poet than singer, kinda like my hometown boy Leonard Cohen I guess. Being cross-communicative as Jason Williams is, I chose to offer him immortality, flob-style.

Hope you don’t really mind. But if you do and it makes you bristle still, flag it and I’ll get other mods to share their thots.

Are you drunk??

I’m a geezer. Do you wanna buy a freezer?

1 Like

Nottingham isn’t in Lincolnshire.

1 Like

Is that a rhetorical question? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m getting some pretty severe cultural appropriation vibes here, it’s quite disconcerting…

1 Like

Ahhh…he wasn’t born in Knots, ergo, wrong accent for poor Mr. Chau? Well, this should be interesting. Let’s talk in a year and see how close he came, shall we?

Yeah, he’s drunk.

I’m only trying to score points on English geography. The other guy’s from Staffordshire.

1 Like

I’m only butthurt because I, a 50 year old, posted about the Sleaford Mods ages ago and I can only assume it got temped.

sucks to be old. memory loss and all that.

1 Like

Depends on the memories.

Still East Anglia though but a bit more international than Lincolnshire I should know I spent many years in the lmost deserted flatness of Lincolnshire. There are many international places there though like Boston and New York

And people ask me why I like Taipei :rofl:

1 Like