Sleeping with light and/or tv on?

why is it that a large number of TW people (and asian people in general) have to sleep with a bedside light on and/or have the tele on while they sleep. this really annoys me when i’m having a sleep over *.

the flickering of a tele through the night gives me a headache the next day and i just cannot get a decent amount of sleep when there is a light on (plus it annoys me for environmental reasons as well). and yet, when i ask for them to be turnedoff, they say that they cannot sleep without them.

any ideas?

• no comments please on having sleep overs.

Sleeping can be such a lonely time. In any case, it distracts the ghosts.

HG

Obviously, crashing at a mate’s place should involve drinking so much booze that you should be able to sleep well regardless of TVs or lights.

I have never encountered this one, actually.

Nor I. My daughter required a light on when she slept for the first year or so, but then she outgrew it.

Maybe you’re sleeping with the wrong people.

I require a small light. I get up throughout the night (many times) and like to be able to see things before I fall over them.

if I’m feeling too restless I will sleep on the sofa with the tv on. Usually puts me right out. I imagine a white noise generator would do the same trick.

I’m sure if I was even invited to a sleep over o wouldn’t have any trouble relaxing.

Why? For the same reason that using your headlights in the daytime drains the car battery.

Actually the old guys are waiting for Burning Nights to come on at 12AM…but they fall alseep.

In the good ole days when I had a “sleep over”, we never actually slept.

Lights and televisions drive me nuts too, when I am trying to sleep. I do have my own idiosyncrasy, however, that I got from my late husband- sleeping with a fan on. It drove me crazy when he did it but after I was on my own I discovered that I couldn’t sleep without it either. Now I sleep with a fan on year round. It may be the sound but I think it’s also about feeling air moving around. Can’t stand closed windows in a room, for that matter.

why is it that a large number of TW people (and Asian people in general) have to sleep with a bedside light on and/or have the tele on while they sleep. this really annoys me when I’m having a sleep over *.
I don’t need the headlight.
But a friend of mine told me,she started using the headlight after the 921 erthquake.
She just hopes she can grab her clothes soon when the earthqauke is coming without warning.

Maybe it’s the funny way you stare at them just before bedtime?

It is really, really irritating.

Besides, haven’t any of you ever seen ‘Poltergeist’?

Falling asleep in front of TV with the lights on are not too uncommon.

Carol Anne!

CAROL ANNE!

[quote=“Buttercup”]Carol Anne!

CAROL ANNE![/quote]

What’s that supposed to be/mean :help:

I’m not Asian and I have lots of friends and family back in the States who sleep with the lights and t.v. on. Some of them are too tired/lazy to turn it off and go to bed. Some of them are afraid of the dark. Some of them are just used to sleeping in a noisy place. Different reasons, but none of them Asia-specific.

[quote]Buttercup wrote:
Carol Anne!

CAROL ANNE!

What’s that supposed to be/mean [/quote]

retrojunk.com/details_movieq … ain_id=505

[quote=“Buttercup”]It is really, really irritating.

Besides, haven’t any of you ever seen ‘Poltergeist’?[/quote]

Actually, I would cease to function were it not for the blessed ‘white noise’.
It’s great for blocking out ALL external stimuli when played on Spinal Tap type speakers.
Those times when it’s either some rest is nigh, or the neighbors will face el grande careo… :smiling_imp: