Small Claims Court

How does one go about filing a case in a civil small claims court? Here’s my case.

Nine Inch Nails was supposed to play last month on August 12th. The show was cancelled and their web site stated anyone that sent them tickets in a specified time period would be reimbursed into their bank account. The web site can be seen here:
straightmusichouse.com/

I’m listed on that web site as due to receive a refund for 5 tickets. Refunds were supposed to be taken care of by the end of August. I know it’s not long past the due date, but am wondering what to do if I do not receive a refund.

1. How much time do I have to allow for the refund to be late before I can go after Straight Music House for it?
  2. How do I go about doing this?
  3. Can criminal charges be brought against them if they do not cooperate? I assume it might be considered some type of fraud. I have gotten no response from them through e-mails or phone calls and assume that a criminal investigation will get better results in at least contacting someone.
  4. Can I go after the place where I purchased the tickets?

I have:

1. A copy of the five tickets, layered on top of each other so you can see that it is actually 5 tickets.
  2. A copy of the bank account information I sent them. I sent them a copy of my bank passbook and the copy I have is clear as day to see all the information.
  3. A video of me counting out the tickets, sealing them in the envelope with the address on the front. The video was taken at the post office.
  4. Registered mail with the information that this piece of mail was delivered and the receipt of the mail.
  5. I saved the straight music house web site to my computer to show that I am indeed on their web site to get a refund. (There can’t be 2 'Matt Bronsil’s in Taiwan).

Any insight into how long I have to wait (I just don’t want to miss an opportunity, even though I know it’s probably too early so far) and what to do next is greatly appreciated. If it helps any, I live in Changhua. The mail was sent to Chung Ho. I don’t want to bring it into criminal, or even civil, court. I just want to make sure I get my refund and want to see what options I have at this point or in the near future. I know a little more about the process in America since I’ve been through civil court there before and won a case against someone. I have no clue what to do in Taiwan.

Thanks!
Matt

You could start by purchasing a postal evidentiary mail form at the post office and stating your complaint (and threat to file suit if you do not recieve your refund within, say, 30 days) in it, in Mandarin. Your copy will then later serve in court as evidence that you have formally demanded the refund from them.

Contact them directly and ask. They are probably wondering the same thing about their own claim with their insurer, lol.

What’s the Chinese for that?

As a side note, I finally did get an e-mail back. That was my main concern - that there is nobody to contact and I would have to take it farther than I wanted to.

They’re still working on the refund process, according to this e-mail. Like I said, I don’t want it to go to any court system so I’m glad I at least heard from them.

:whistle: for :2cents: still, though.

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

I got a partial refund from them in the end, with a refusal to explain why I did not get a full refund.

I just saw a few concerts listed lately (none by this company). I just wanted to say to keep an eye out for them.