Snakes!

Be careful they might eat you…

English News coverage:

2 Likes

Lol. Company FAIL!

What a coincidence, I was on that exact train this morning (272), from Taoyuan to Tapei. I was in car 1, though, so far away from the :snake:

3 Likes

You missed the opportunity at your Sam Jackson moment.

1 Like

You might have to open some windows.

In Soviet Russia, trains on a snake!!!

Wow :flushed:

At least it seemed to be a Taiwan beauty…

I thought of that and then of a Taiwan beauty. You sure it’s a boa?

Edit: ok, it was a boa.

Definitely a BCC or a BCI. Gorgeous snakes!

someone is pissed now missing a snake haha

what are the odds that it curled up inside his/her school bag at home, and then escaped once he /she had put it down in the train? otherwise it would be hard for a snake to board a train by itself.

I think it’s lower than the odds of them taking it for a trip and abandoning it when it escaped, as they knew it was illegal to keep it as a pet.

On a train? I’d see the average Taiwanese home snakeologist just dumping it into the local park or forest, but on a train? weird.

Still, it is Taiwan. Expect the unexpected!

1 Like

Without a ticket, yeah it’d be hard. Even with a ticket it has no fingers to hold the ticket.

2 Likes

See? that’s what I’m talking about!

I’m envisioning a Richard Scarry drawing about here, or even a Larson…

3 Likes

Snake cat

2 Likes

Kate Dennis

1 Like

4 Likes

Possible. I doubt that. More likely people were shipping pet snakes, which are sent by rail a lot in taiwan. Either via their cargo, but most often people have bags filled with pets and they often use deli cups without tape which is dumb. And this happens. Also escapees happen. Going by this snakes size most likely to bag not tied well, which even my smartest snake friends are insanely guilty of. To an infuriating degree!

I would bet 99.9999999999% pet problem. And 99.998% was an escaped delivery or recieved pet.

Personally i hav bigger problems with hots bein delivered with the usual lack lustre taiwan diligence. Things like vipers, fat tail scorpions etc. Boas are you lucky find not a problem…

2 Likes

Although the weather has been alternating between hot and humid and cold and rainy, the snakes are definitely out there.

9 Likes