So...Greta Thunberg is being manipulated?

I’m only a hypocrite if I said I didn’t agree with changing behaviours and that I didn’t adjust my lifestyle. I already stated I’d like to get a gogoro and I usually take public transport . I live in a small apartment and I don’t have any heating system. My biggest Carbon contribution are the flights, possibly the air con and also eating meat. I don’t eat a lot of meat but the flights , they are definitely a problem.

Besides, this thread is NOT about me.

Don’t forget your kids. Think of all the carbon they’ll pump into the atmosphere during their lifetimes. And then there’s their children, and their children and their children…

And their children’s children

Well, I didn’t want to rub it in. :sunglasses:

I blame our fathers … and our father’s fathers

1 Like

Get the customizable seat model, they’re slick!
When can we expect pics ? :laughing:

I didn’t but I didn’t have many kids did I.
It’s a good point though that the number of kids you have is probably the biggest ‘contributor’ all else being equal.

1 Like

I’m going to join the shared scheme. So I get maximum greenie points. :grin:
I should probably ditch the old car but I haven’t done it yet. If there were better rentals options (and now I noticed there are many shared schemes) I may get rid of it and save myself some $$$ too. Or I may get an SUV …Yes I am thinking about these two choices at the same time. But I wouldn’t drive the SUV much either.

Living in Asia a lot of these environmental problems are really obvious. And in many ways it’s fairly easy to deal with two or three or even four problems at the same time. For instance toxic air and carbon pollution and acid rain and noise can all be cut dramatically by switching away from fossil fuels, specifically coal and oil…That we haven’t done it yet in many parts of super densely populated Taiwan is a bad joke.

Brian this model is made for you

1 Like

What the hell is that ?:grinning:

1 Like

Feck knows I call it the late night pisser

It looks like a death trap…which, of course, is great for the environment.

1 Like

There’s hopefully somewhere on the spectrum between existing, moving around, having children - or burning everything.

However, I think you’re probably right. If the last generation had got population under control this wouldn’t be an issue.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Greta. :grin:

I love it, even if it’s four days old. It’s going to be real hard to peel my vote away from Trump next year. :+1:

The UN’s Secretary General says only countries with new, specific, and bold plans may speak.

An anonymous UN official tells the Associated Press that the U.S. didn’t even bother submitting a proposal.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen…skipping out on a conference to spite a school girl is now being interpreted as ‘leadership’ and a political ‘win’ by some people now. Thatll show her to be upset about something hazardous to her. Atta baby! In your FACE Greta!

Jr HS can be cruel sometimes.

1 Like

Guess some prefer to be Al Bundy rather than Justin Trudeau :wink: one question for you … I struggle to understand the Obama’s support of Greta and her message , whilst ignoring the threat themselves . What’s going on there ? They don’t believe her ?

Im reminded of a different Bundy when I read some of that…and im not talking about Dylan Bundy the ballplayer either…

I thought you were also married with children ?and the Obama’s question ? Do you think that they are like most “ doom preachers “ … telling the rest of the world what they must do , whilst doing very little themselves ?

I am indeed. Which is why Im rooting for Greta.

Sorry you tacked on the Obama question. Im not sure i follow it…can you rephrase?

Reference the Obama’s warning and Greta too , that the ocean will rise very soon and housing will be submerged . So Obama’s just buy a house on the ocean front for 15 million bucks . Yeah …showing the truth about their belief in the “ facts” :joy: Or should I post their purchasing decision in the “ idiots” thread ?

3 Likes