So... how do you do it? (read: taiwanese girlfriends? really?)

If you reject about 95% of girls for one reason and girls reject 95% of the guys they meet… you have to get to know about 400 girls before you can have a good relationship. Okay, that means you’ve got to go out there and make some friends. Just get to know a lot of girls, maybe even the girl next to you at the internet cafe. Maybe she isn’t your type, and even if she is, you’re probably not her type. It’s better to play it safe and just make a lot of friends. I won’t believe you if you tell me you made aquaintance of 50 girls and are still single.

Maybe his feet smell really bad…
When I first got here I lived in LuKang in Chang Hua County and hooked up with a local gal out of sheer need of having a translator. We broke up and I met my next girlfriend at a night market in Lukang. Quit my job in Lukang moved to ChiaYi hooked up with an American girl right away that went sour and met my girlfriend of 2+ years.

Ask Twocs I am nothing special but I have never been single in Taiwan for more than 2 weeks. It’s all in your attitude.

If we said, “No” would that stop you?

Okay, I got story to beat Ugly Earle and “I love you.” There was this guy a friend of mine knew whose method was to simply walk up to women and bluntly ask them if they wanted to have sex. 19 times out of 20 he was immediately rejected, but that one time “Wanna fuck?” worked, was enough to get him laid almost every night.

getting laid isn’t the most important thing

Don’t live in Toucheng.

==============MicahelG: you will find the girl u are looking for soon. Just wait. meanwhile, fcuk your brains out everywhere. as soon as you stop looking, she will come. and quit this board for goddsakes!

???

yes it is

The point is . . . stop worrying about rejection and start approaching girls. Don’t use pickup lines. Say, “hi” and strike up a real conversation. Be yourself. Now . . . if “yourself” happens to be a loser then fix that.

The thing about being thick-skinned is true but it needs to be in context. So many folks worry about being rejected that they don’t have the balls to actually make a move . . . to just simply talk to someone new. You will NEVER meet anyone if all you do is sit around on the computer whining about there not being anyone to meet.

If you never approach anyone then you won’t get rejected but people need to understand that rejection is just part of a process, it’s part of your weeding out process in finding out which women that you’re attracted to are in turn attracted to you. You don’t want to be with a woman who isn’t attracted to you so it’s just a process. It doesn’t mean you suck and it certainly isn’t permanent. Some woman not wanting to have a cup of chocolate at Starbucks with you or not wanting to spend time with you will not inflict permanent damage so stop acting like it will and get on with it already!

Relationships are built on a lot of things but one important study found the most common factor for beginning relationships is proximity. PROXIMITY. We fall in love or become friends with the people we know. So, if you don’t know anyone then get your butt out there and MEET people.

Of course, this is not just a problem of being in a cross-cultural situation . . . the difficulties are increased . . . but I know a ton of local guys who don’t know the first thing about meeting local girls either.

Don’t TRY to be funny or cute or macho or whatever . . . be yourself . . . Mark Cunningham gives this advice and it’s very very good . . . if you want to be the guy women find attractive, then find out what kind of guy women like and then BE THAT GUY, don’t pretend or fool or try to be that guy but BE THAT GUY. If that means changing yourself to be a better person, then do it.

Of course, you could always go to a speed dating party, although the Taiwanese versions are a bit different from the ones back home.

???

yes it is[/quote]
we know where your priorities are then :laughing:

maybe it’s just me :?

Good advice, Doc
BTW your blurb sounded like Maslow

All right, we all make a test… each of us will walk up to a woman and ask har if she wants to fuck. We have 20 attempts each.

OK?

I’m wondering how this thread has deteriorated into “How to get laid in Taiwan.” If he just wanted to get laid, well, everyone knows where the easy women hang out, if you’re into that. It seems that he isn’t asking us how to get laid. My impression is that he wants to find a nice girl to form a meaningful relationship with. I’m no pillar of righteousness, but come on, guys.

Try eslite. The girls there are nice, but I am afraid that they might be wanting ummm… carnal pleasures as well.

Apart from that book store, there are good opportunities all over this island. After all, we hardly suffer from a serious shortage of women here.

If you stand somewhere, and you need some help or something, then try to strike up a conversation with some young female, who knows, she might like you?

Apart from that I would suggest the workplace, the 7-11, the bus and similar places.

There are clubs and social activities too. The poor sod should consider that too.

Do I need to mention that “smart starting lines” have never worked for me?

Last time I ran into a girl, with whoom I later developed a meaningful relationship, I was standing in undies and a partly unbuttoned shirt in a Taipei Hostel, when a young girl and an Australian English teacher peeked in and asked me if I wanted to do Language exchange. Sometimes, your own room can be used too.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“mod lang”]

(don’t get your meat at the same place you get your bread).[/quote]

Yip, although I like the phrase “don’t dip your pen in the company ink.”

Chewy[/quote]

I prefer the quote… Don’t piss in your own well.

[quote=“Mr He”]
Last time I ran into a girl, with whoom I later developed a meaningful relationship, I was standing in undies and a partly unbuttoned shirt in a Taipei Hostel, when a young girl and an Australian English teacher peeked in and asked me if I wanted to do Language exchange. [/quote]

So how did your language exchange with the Aussie English teacher work out, Mr. He?

And is that young girl the one who became the present Mrs. He?

The aussie guy was an english teacher trying to help me in my chinese studies.

the young girl… well, she is Mrs. He.

I prefer quality over quantity - and there we do certainly have a shortage here.

I prefer quality over quantity - and there we do certainly have a shortage here.[/quote]

Huh? Are you serious? The quality here is as good as it gets!

I am not saying that there is no quality here at all, but there is a shortage of such, in particular when comparing with some other places I have been to / lived in (Thailand or Malaysia for example).

Of course this is my very personal opinion only but I am known for my good taste … :wink: