So why are you still in Taiwan?

I’m outta here. Departure date: March 4th.

I came for the money, but I stayed for…

I’ve no idea why I stayed. Anyways, there’s no way I’ll ever come back to the land of betelnut-chewing retards.

[quote=“Dr Zoidberg”]Anyways, there’s no way I’ll ever come back to the land of betelnut-chewing retards.[/quote]Sounds like you should have left a while ago already. That sounds a bit like sweeping racism to me…

marboulette

3 1/2 years of being fucked over by every Taiwanese I’ve ever had dealings with has made me immune to such trite comments.

Should have left already? Yes, I think so. In any event, I’m doing myself a favour and leaving.

‘Betel Nut chewing’ is racist?

Taiwan is a fantastic place to do business. Bureaucrats here actually appear to want to help a guy who’s just trying to earn a living. The complete opposite of the mineral water swilling new Labour retards in the UK.

I guess it depends. Was the adjective “retards” meant for those who chew binlang, or was it meant for everyone living on “the land” where some people chew binlang? Come to think of it, and after reading the post again, I think it clearly was the former. I withdraw my second comment above with an apology. A safe journey to you wherever you are going, Dr. Zoidberg.

marboulette

Why is it retarded to chew binlan?

Personally I hate the stuff and I hate to see someone chewing it (because you know what happens when they’re done chewing :sick:), but how is it retarded?

And is there a list somewhere on forumosa that gives a handy overview of posters’ previous usernames? There are so many people who have come back as something else, I can’t keep track anymore! :help:

[quote=“Dr Zoidberg”]3 1/2 years of being fucked over by every Taiwanese I’ve ever had dealings with has made me immune to such trite comments.

Should have left already? Yes, I think so. In any event, I’m doing myself a favour and leaving.[/quote]

The good doctor may find it hard to remove all traces of the rock from his system even with his departure. He has been infected already with Taiwan-itis, a non-lethal but pervasive disease harder to get rid of then ringworm. :slight_smile:

Hes done with TAiwan , but is Taiwan done with him?? :smiling_imp: :noway: :stuck_out_tongue:

Only those with a big enough booster rocket can get outa the orbit of planet Taiwan. All others will eventually fall back. :sunglasses:

[quote=“tash”]Why is it retarded to chew binlan?

[/quote]Not literally retarded. Just retarded.

T.

[quote=“Tinman”][quote=“tash”]Why is it retarded to chew binlan?

[/quote]Not literally retarded. Just retarded.

T.[/quote]
Thank you, but it doesn’t help at all since I would have liked the poster who used the label to answer.

Your avatar is disturbing. Not just, but quite literally.

I like it.

I think I can work out how chewing bin-lang may be considered “retarded.” If we interpret “retarded” here to mean “unintelligent,” or better yet “unwise,” then it truly is “retarded” to engage in an activity that raises the risk of cancer many-fold. The spat-out juice also creates a dirty environment for others–whether the chewer considers this factor or not. Actually, I think not considering this factor makes one more retarded.

As for the first point about higher cancer risks, I realize smoking does the same thing, and I have a lot of smoker friends who I wouldn’t call “retarded.” Oh well…

[quote=“Buzzardo”]I think I can work out how chewing bin-lang may be considered “retarded.” If we interpret “retarded” here to mean “unintelligent,” or better yet “unwise,” then it truly is “retarded” to engage in an activity that raises the risk of cancer many-fold. The spat-out juice also creates a dirty environment for others–whether the chewer considers this factor or not. Actually, I think not considering this factor makes one more retarded.

As for the first point about higher cancer risks, I realize smoking does the same thing, and I have a lot of smoker friends who I wouldn’t call “retarded.” Oh well…[/quote]

:laughing:

I think you should have read your second paragraph first and then you probably wouldn’t have posted the first one :smiley:
(And as for your second point, it’s probably safe to say that 2nd hand cigarette smoking pollutes more than binlan spit does and is far more dangerous to health)

I also think that that is the reason we don’t hear from the poster who first called binlan chewing retarded. He has nothing to say.

‘Retarded’ is such a retardatory pejorative term as applied to persons, beliefs, or practices. Vastly used by masses of minions throughout N. America as some form of self-betterment actualization.
Simply put: being “re-tardus” or ‘slow again’ is hardly an aberration in today’s day & age. Even the best amongst us are slow, once again. I myself am especially retarded in the morning hours, prior to several volumes of coffee.

This Traffic is retarded!

[quote=“tash”]

I also think that that is the reason we don’t hear from the poster who first called binlan chewing retarded. He has nothing to say.[/quote]Or maybe he’s just not into discussing semantics, or having to explain subjective connotations in a thread about “why are you still in Taiwan.”

marboulette

[quote=“marboulette”][quote=“tash”]

I also think that that is the reason we don’t hear from the poster who first called binlan chewing retarded. He has nothing to say.[/quote]Or maybe he’s just not into discussing semantics, or having to explain subjective connotations in a thread about “why are you still in Taiwan.”

marboulette[/quote]
Semantics?
Subjective Connotations?
wrt to a query about why one still remains on The Taint?
These fields of expression should most certainly be included,
unless of course one is a student of sociology, wherin any number of drooping props may be included to “broaden the perspective”…
Which in other words, means water down the bleeding obvious…

[quote=“marboulette”][quote=“tash”]

marboulette[/quote]
Instead of a weak copout, you could have used the same number of words and time spent to just answer the simple question: “Why is chewing binlan retarded?”

[quote=“tash”][quote=“marboulette”][quote=“tash”]

marboulette[/quote]
Instead of a weak copout, you could have used the same number of words and time spent to just answer the simple question: “Why is chewing binlan retarded?”[/quote]

I thought Tinman and Buzzardo had done a pretty good job explaining that already. “Retarded” as in not literally, is just an expression to say that chewing binlang is not a sane or healthy thing to do. Happy now?

marboulette

Sometimes I am still in Taiwan, and sometimes I am merely retarded. But whether retarded or still, I do as little as possible.

amen

[quote=“marboulette”][quote=“tash”][quote=“marboulette”][quote=“tash”]

marboulette[/quote]
Instead of a weak copout, you could have used the same number of words and time spent to just answer the simple question: “Why is chewing binlan retarded?”[/quote]

I thought Tinman and Buzzardo had done a pretty good job explaining that already. “Retarded” as in not literally, is just an expression to say that chewing binlang is not a sane or healthy thing to do. Happy now?

marboulette[/quote]
You’ve managed to top your previous weak copout with an even weaker one. Now you’re just making me laugh :laughing:

If you don’t know how to explain your own statement and prefer to use statements of others to get out of it, that’s fine. We can stop this right here. I’m happy with the amusement I got out of it.