So you got past the asking

OK, I just did a search and could not find any mention of this “Chronocitis” anywhere on the web, so now I’m dead certain Andre was making a joke. Cheers, mate. :laughing:

Well, I happen to be the discoverer of this terrible (and potentially life-threatening) disease.
It affects a person’s perception of time. Specifically, of the time left to a meeting.
I’ve been suffering from this since 8th grade.
I’m also the founder of the “Stop the punctuality-harassment NOW! …or maybe a little later!” foundation. We try to raise awareness of the suffering we’re going through each morning (between 10:00AM - 11:30AM, when we show up to work), and gain society’s acceptance. We don’t like to be late all the time, but we were born this way.
Unfortunately, the foundation is a little ineffective, since we can’t hold meetings. We tried to organize a meeting a few months ago, but nobody showed up on time (or so I’ve heard - I couldn’t make it, either).

Yes, dating is a little difficult - it’s hard to find a partner who understands the basic fact that 11:00AM means “around noon” and 5:30PM means “sometime in the evening”.

By the way, my wristwatch looks like this:

That looks no different than a swatch to my eyes. The question I always ask is “Where’s the numbers?” and “Why would someone buy a watch with the important bits missing?”

Usually because they’re more expensive… :loco:

Hey, meet me at 5:30

OK, it takes 30 minutes to get there so leave home at 5:00. I need 20 minutes to get ready, so I have to stop whatever I’m doing at 4:40. Can I do that?

If so then answer ‘Yes, see you at 5:30’

If not then set a different time.

If you think it’s OK to arrive at six, and the person you’re meeting knows you think that so they don’t arrive until six either then what’s the point in saying ‘5:30’ then? Why not just say ‘See you at 6’ instead?

5:30 doesn’t mean 6, it means 5:30. If 5:30 starts to mean 6 then people will arrange to meet at 5:30 in the knowledge that they both mean 6, and one of them will then fail to be there on time and pretty soon 5:30 will mean 6:30.

Actually, I think the problem usually boils down to people having absolutely no idea how long things take. I know people who drive the same route to work every day, have done so for many years, but still tell me that it takes half as long as it actually does. They even lie about what time they leave and what time they arrive to make their estimate conform to ‘reality’.

Or, as someone said, they constantly misjudge how long it takes them to get ready. Why do they do that? Can’t a girl get to 29 years old and have figured it out yet?

[quote=“Loretta”]Hey, meet me at 5:30

OK, it takes 30 minutes to get there so leave home at 5:00.[/quote]
No, no, no. You got it all wrong from the beginning. Everyone knows that it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to get anywhere.

Because that would mean we’re going to meet at 6:30, d’oh! :astonished:

[quote]Actually, I think the problem usually boils down to people having absolutely no idea how long things take. I know people who drive the same route to work every day, have done so for many years, but still tell me that it takes half as long as it actually does. They even lie about what time they leave and what time they arrive to make their estimate conform to ‘reality’.

Or, as someone said, they constantly misjudge how long it takes them to get ready. Why do they do that? Can’t a girl get to 29 years old and have figured it out yet?[/quote]
Hey, I’m a 27 year old male and haven’t figured that out yet. But I’m a metrosexual. A manly metrosexual, but still…

:smiley:

Just kidding there. Yes, there are people who always misjudge how long it takes to do a certain action, or even if they do know how long it takes, they just can’t snap out of the habit. I’m one of them, but I’m getting better. It takes a lot of will and self-discipline.
I was only half-joking about the “disease” thing. As Erhu said, some people are doing this for their entire lives, and can’t get out of it, no matter what.
But, one day, I’ll be “Mr. Punctuality”. One day. :sunglasses:

Punctuality is for LOOZERZ. :raspberry:
Hello?! Like, how are you gonna remember my fantasmic new tank top if I’m not late? Duh! Like…like…pffft. What. Ever!

Yes…Andrrre…tell me more about yourself. Manly AND metrosexual eh? I don’t believe you. Prove it.

Yes…Andrrre…tell me more about yourself. Manly AND metrosexual eh? I don’t believe you. Prove it.[/quote]

Yeah, that sounds a little ambiguous. I’m waiting with baited breath. :s

Women, metrosexuals, gay men…vs. straight men…on punctuality, at least in this thread. The more I think about it, I think this may be a right brain vs. left brain issue.

brain vs no-brain, you mean?

Usually because they’re more expensive… :loco:[/quote] I guess it works for cars too as some of those with no roofs are more expensive. However I’d still never ask someone wearing a swatch the time of day.