Social class

And that’s also the reason why some call their scooters cars here…

There’s 40 billionaires at least :neutral_face:

There’s a few class divides here.

The ultra rich.
The rich.
The government class aka waishengren officials

The rich folks here are very careful about how they expose their lifestyle , especially to their employees . I’ve seen it a million times, they make up lies about biz trips to Japan and the US which are just holidays for instance .

They also will NEVER invite you into their house…Ever.

Does it mean they have class, not at all. :grin:

2 Likes

Fast Times at Leduc High?

First time I ever saw that image

In some ways Taiwan has less class divide though…

For instance the top schools are all public schools . It’s looked down on to go to private school. And you can get into the top public schools with the best grades.

The Confucian loophole, yeah, since historical days where the absolute only possible way to move upwards from the peasant class was to ace the Scholar’s Exam, and get a government job.
Similarly now, where if you’re a really really good (I mean REALLY good) student, you don’t really need to be rich.

1 Like

The not inviting people to your house also has a lot to do with living in tiny appartments.

3 Likes

Yeah but rich people don’t live in tiny apartments.:grin: Get your point though

1 Like

I think a big part of this is worry about mafia extortion/kidnapping.

1 Like

if you live with multiple generations in a small appartment, getting invited is actually not that great.

You obviously don’t know enough ppl here.

1 Like

Because I disagree with you?

1 Like

Nobody prefers driving a scooter in city center when it’s 40 degrees outside.

1 Like

Restaurants and convenience stores are the better option, some upper class apartment buildings have ‘entertainment/meeting rooms’ with or without Kala OK!

san.
chong.

yes restaurants

Well I lived there when I was little and my grandmother still lives there so I visit pretty often. There are no drug dealers on the streets AND people are not particularly poor at all.

Yes, they’re mostly in cars.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Yea I used to think TW Apartments were small until I went to a rich persons new apartment in the middle of the city must have been about 150ping

2 Likes