Soda company fined over contamination of Apple Sidra

In the period from July to September, Oceanic Beverages received 122 complaints about its Apple Sidra, which was said to contain sediments and was causing diarrhea and stomach ache among consumers, he said.

However, while the complaints started in July, the company did not recall the drink until September, Yang said.

If you like drinking Apple Sidra and have not been feeling well around July/September, you now know why.

b5a25287-dd80-4ca7-8067-192ae7ba343b_apple2000

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/afav/201811140023.aspx

At least it says made “without chemical colors” that really sets my mind at ease.

2 Likes

I like how you can really taste the apples. My guess is they are imported from the best Japanese fruit farms and processed by hand using ancient techniques.

5 Likes

When I see a product in Taiwan that specifically advertises it has zero chemicals ect… it makes me even more nervous and I assume it’s probaly loaded with chemicals.

4 Likes

Yeah, “without chemical colors” probably means that the color is the only somewhat natural part.

3 Likes

Guess I’ve got to switch to Hey-Song sarsparilla for my once-a-year just-for-old-times-sake bottle.

2 Likes

Stick to beer. It’s safer.

5 Likes

I remember many years ago a student said they lived downroad from a tea beverage plant.
He said “tea” was always coming out of the plant but he never saw tea leaves go in.

2 Likes

My hypochondria is acting up while reading your post. My kidneys seem to be working still ATM thankfully.

1 Like

Taiwanese company fined over contamination of bottled pee.

OK.

I love bubble tea but I’m sure I’m just ingesting pure chemicals with sugar

1 Like

I can feel the cancer metastasizing while enjoying my ‘tropical passion’ from Coco’s.

1 Like

every drinks are contaminated …ok will stick to water and coffee.

You mean filtered and boiled water… right?

1 Like

I actually like the Apple. It’s the Sidra part that opens up the sluices at both ends…

yes stick to filtered water then boiled water

They should just leave in whatever makes people laosai and rebrand it as a diet/weight loss health beverage.

2 Likes

Good idea. Maybe add some tapeworm eggs for good measure.

If you buy a coffee from 7 or family, does the water they use to make the coffee behind the counter get filtered? I don’t want any heavy metals in my coffee.

I remember the first time I tried this I asked my GF if I can run my scooter on that stuff.

1 Like